NRL Season Recommencing

So we have the eels cowboys titans eels roosters and Souths as our double ups this year
Thank **** we avoided Melbourne twice

Last edited:
So we have the eels cowboys titans eels roosters and Souths as our double ups this year

And the only time we play them is at Suncorp, not that that has been much of a factor in our favor ever.

Yes but I am pretty sure we will have to meet (and beat) them at some stage in the finals if we are to challenge for the premiership this year.
Considering we haven’t beaten them in a finals game since 2006 it’s a massive roadblock.

I see Politis is still having a sook. This time about the Roosters twice selected opponents, and still about having the first 2 games' points count. Cry me a river Nick.

JFC the smoke that Newscorp are blowing up V'landys shooter is something to behold.

Is he? So far disciplinary decisions seems no change to the past stupidity. I suspect he’s getting positivity because there are no games currently to see the many cracks appear. No proof in any pudding so to speak.

Is he? So far disciplinary decisions seems no change to the past stupidity. I suspect he’s getting positivity because there are no games currently to see the many cracks appear. No proof in any pudding so to speak.

Aren’t disciplinary issues the CEO Andrew Abdo’s role?

Even a quick glance at what he has done so far.

- Got the game back against crazy odds. AFL will kick off two weeks later riding on the back of his coat tails.

- Got rid of Greenberg who was a corrupt, useless ****.

- Taking steps towards getting rid of the wrestle for good, something that has ruined this game and something that every fan should be cheering.

He can only be judged on what he has done and so far he has done exceptionally well.

Aren’t disciplinary issues the CEO Andrew Abdo’s role?

Even a quick glance at what he has done so far.

- Got the game back against crazy odds. AFL will kick off two weeks later riding on the back of his coat tails.

- Got rid of Greenberg who was a corrupt, useless ****.

- Taking steps towards getting rid of the wrestle for good, something that has ruined this game and something that every fan should be cheering.

He can only be judged on what he has done and so far he has done exceptionally well.

Again, it all looks good on the surface. There is no pudding, so I will reserve judgement. And you could be right but I have seen a long line of incompetent leaders in the NRL, some of them just take longer to see than others.

The bureaucracy of any large organisation is like a big ship, it takes some time to change direction. I believe the NRL fits this description, even moreso with the vested interests embedded throughout the game at every level. Vlandys IMO is making the right noises in public, but also seems to be making some desperately-needed changes behind the scenes as well. Truth be told, this is the best opportunity since Super League to purge the rot and take the game to the next level, and so far I think he's on the right track. Still a long way to go of course, but I've been impressed so far.

Again, it all looks good on the surface. There is no pudding, so I will reserve judgement. And you could be right but I have seen a long line of incompetent leaders in the NRL, some of them just take longer to see than others.

No pudding? The game starts again in 4 days because of him. You obviously have your mind made up so I’ll leave you to it.

No pudding? The game starts again in 4 days because of him. You obviously have your mind made up so I’ll leave you to it.

You do realise the Bundesliga in Germany has already re-started right? This isn't the first sporting comp in the world to re-start.

And yes, I certainly seem like I've got my mind made up but I actually haven't. I'm warning caution. The thing is, he may well be as good as you are saying but that doesn't mean he is AND I would argue more importantly, it doesn't mean the powers that be sitting behind him will let him move the game forward as needs to happen.

Right now, he seems to have permission to make changes but lets see what happens in a few weeks time...or even in 4 days as you said when the first controversy happens on the field.

Greenburg was useless BUT he DID try to make a difference with the penalty crackdown and next thing, guess what happens? He and his administration get torn the shreds by the idiots in the media and the needed changes go out the window on the back of an EXCELLENT game with a million penalties that were just about all correct.

I am reserving me judgement until I see what happens at the first sign of media backlash which hasn't happened yet. If he sticks to his guns for the betterment of the game, THEN I will be on board.

You do realise the Bundesliga in Germany has already re-started right? This isn't the first sporting comp in the world to re-start.

And yes, I certainly seem like I've got my mind made up but I actually haven't. I'm warning caution. The thing is, he may well be as good as you are saying but that doesn't mean he is AND I would argue more importantly, it doesn't mean the powers that be sitting behind him will let him move the game forward as needs to happen.

Right now, he seems to have permission to make changes but lets see what happens in a few weeks time...or even in 4 days as you said when the first controversy happens on the field.

Greenburg was useless BUT he DID try to make a difference with the penalty crackdown and next thing, guess what happens? He and his administration get torn the shreds by the idiots in the media and the needed changes go out the window on the back of an EXCELLENT game with a million penalties that were just about all correct.

I am reserving me judgement until I see what happens at the first sign of media backlash which hasn't happened yet. If he sticks to his guns for the betterment of the game, THEN I will be on board.

I didn’t say it was the first sport in the world back up, I am talking about Australia.You can only judge what happens in each country.

Can't wait for the footy to start but also have a cautious mindset. It's only gonna take 1 player or staff to get the virus and it's season cancelled again.

Buzz today having a whinge about the chooks tough draw having to play 4 of last years top 8 twice.
This limp noodle doesn't say boo when we get 6 of the previous years top 8 twice every year.

Buzz today having a whinge about the chooks tough draw having to play 4 of last years top 8 twice.
This limp noodle doesn't say boo when we get 6 of the previous years top 8 twice every year.
Politis must have ghostwritten it while Buzz slept on the floor.

Love your style. Exceptionally well priced too. If you like this you should try the Cardhu if you come across it. Very similar, but the Cardhu is a wee bit smoother. Also the McCallen is money well spent.

nice, i'll have to try that ... are you talking about the 12 or 15 year?

Active Now

• Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.