NRL TV Rights Deal

I'm not unhappy to see Monday nights go, but I don't like it replaced by Thursday

If the choice was between Thu or Mon, I'll take Mon for sure

All I have seen is the "every game live" line trotted out in every article, but does anybody know WHERE every game will be shown live?

By that I mean currently 9 claims to show the Fri night game live, but its not live where I live

So I am quite happy if we have all games live across the country, but if its all games live in QLD and NSW and the usual crap everywhere else, I am not

Hopefully the NRL has realised it can't continue to hold aspirations of growing its supporter base whils at the same time ignoring non traditional areas

I work with a fellow who comes from NSW, but has lived here for many years, he can't afford Foxtel and he's telling me that he is turning off the League and watching AFL now due to not being able to watch the game at a decent time

Interesting perspective John, hadn't thought about that. Guessing you're in Melbourne?

Adelaide from memory.

You can bet your bottom dollar it's only going to be live into NSW and Qld.

It's meant to be live everywhere under the current deal IIRC, so any promises nein make about the new deal should be taken with a big pinch of salt.

All I have seen is the "every game live" line trotted out in every article, but does anybody know WHERE every game will be shown live?

By that I mean currently 9 claims to show the Fri night game live, but its not live where I live

So I am quite happy if we have all games live across the country, but if its all games live in QLD and NSW and the usual crap everywhere else, I am not

Hopefully the NRL has realised it can't continue to hold aspirations of growing its supporter base whils at the same time ignoring non traditional areas

I work with a fellow who comes from NSW, but has lived here for many years, he can't afford Foxtel and he's telling me that he is turning off the League and watching AFL now due to not being able to watch the game at a decent time

Arent the games live on GEM?

The fellow you work with can just watch the games online

Last edited:
It was in an article on The Roar not long ago.

Monday nights, as well as the City vs Country fixture are set to be axed under the new deal.

Damn it

Am I the only person in the world who enjoys this game?

Monday nights rate ok it's the attendance that suffers

Damn it

Am I the only person in the world who enjoys this game?

If you're talking about City v Country, then yes, you're the only one that watches a game that the Blues selectors don't use to pick their team.

If you're talking about City v Country, then yes, you're the only one that watches a game that the Blues selectors don't use to pick their team.

C'mon, where else can you see the few available dregs of the worst state rep team all on the same park at the same time? How else would the one from tenners pick who not to use out of Waqa Blake, James Roberts, Jarrod Croker or Jack Wighton?

Has Nine made any commitment about showing the footy in high def? The difference in quality between Fox and Nine is like chalk and cheese.

Has Nine made any commitment about showing the footy in high def? The difference in quality between Fox and Nine is like chalk and cheese.

Good point.

They should be made to show it in HD.... huge difference in picture quality.

More people would have watched the City Country game if it wasn't put on at the same time as the women's Aus Vs NZ game, and the Paquiao fight of course.

Yes that;s right Ning, I am in Adelaide - good memory!

No B'man, the games mainly are shown at 2 or 3 AM sadly

And while you can, if you want, stream the games, this is about the NRL trying to grow the game across the country

You can't expect growth if it isn't on the TV

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • Nerd
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Tmac
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.