NSW and QLD Origin sides (Lets do it)

Taylor has been useless this year, and was **** enough to be dropped last year.

Can't argue with any of that. He has been poor but I see him as having the potential to win us a match if he has his shit together. McQueen while a handy player just doesn't add anything to the QLD team IMO. I'm not going to blow up about him being picked if that is the case though.

Also I rate McGuire but he isn't in the frame for Origin this year unless more injuries strike. He has been injured and hasn't done a lot yet. Lillyman has been playing the house down so far this season.

We're playing the Rabbits tomorrow right?

McQueen? More like McKing, champion backrower. Wish he was a Bronco, that line-running, ability to compete for the high ball and tenacity, toughness and testicular fortitude makes him the envy of all of Rugby League. :001_tt2:

QLD

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Tate
4. Hodges
5. Slater
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (C)
10. Shillington
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Teo
15. Papalii
16. Hanannt
17. McGuire

NSW

1. Hayne
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. J.Morris
5. B.Morris
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Tolman
9. Farrah
10. Tamou
11. Bird
12. Lewis
13. Gallen (C)

14. Sutton
15. Watmong
16. Merrin
17. G.Stewart

Here are the teams that I expect to be selected:

N.S.W.

1. B. Stewart
2. B. Morris
3. J. Morris
4. M. Jennings
5. A. Uate
6. J. Maloney
7. M. Pearce
8. J. Tamou
9. R. Farrah
10. T. Mannah (injury pending)
11. L. Lewis
12. A. Watmough
13. P. Gallen (c)

14. K. Gidley
15. T. Merrin
16. T. Grant
17. T. Sims

Queensland:

1. B. Slater
2. D. Boyd
3. G. Inglis
4. J. Hodges
5. B. Tate
6. J. Thurston
7. C. Cronk
8. M. Scott
9. C. Smith (c)
10. B. Hannant
11. N. Myles
12. S. Thaiday
13. C. Parker

14. M. Gillett
15. D. Taylor
16. B. Te'o
17. J. Lillyman

If Harrisson & Shillington are fit, then Parker and Hannant drops to the bench and Taylor and Lillyman drop out.

I'm surprised at how many people are leaving out Gillett. He is in superb form this year

I'm surprised at how many people are leaving out Gillett. He is in superb form this year

Defence really ...I think I read somewhere he's missed 23 tackles this year. The highest in the league?

Defence really ...I think I read somewhere he's missed 23 tackles this year. The highest in the league?

Well, he's in the top 5 for missed tackles. The 4 above him are all halves. I think Scott Prince missed one less.
He can smash someone if they run straight at him, but god help us if they get on his outside.

Last edited:
Ahhh, the ol' 'you don't agree with me, so you must not have watched them' line, usually used when you have nothing to add.

You rate him, how about you leave it at that rather than try and attack my credibility?

Not attacking your credibility at all. Just assumed since you asked what McQueen brings to a team that you hadnt seen his purple patch of form last year

Considering in Origin he'd be expected to come on and just defend and run straight and hard, he'd be of little value IMO. If he was allowed to come on and play his natural game then sure. But he was hopeless in that bash and barge role last year.

Considering in Origin he'd be expected to come on and just defend and run straight and hard, he'd be of little value IMO. If he was allowed to come on and play his natural game then sure. But he was hopeless in that bash and barge role last year.

If they were going to allow him to come and play his natural game they may as well just pick taylor instead

Based on what?

And don't feed me the 'have you seen him' line. I have, and he's still a fair way off.

Based on what?

And don't feed me the 'have you seen him' line. I have, and he's still a fair way off.

Based on current club form, which we all know is the retard's way of picking an Origin team.

Fair call on Gillett I guess. Papalia must be a chance. I'd have him ahead of McQueen.

Short term club form is why some want Gillett there. Taylor has been ordinary for a while. Te'o seems like he suits Origin better than the other 2, he is a hole hitter with no stupid fancy tricks. He has got some defensive issues though. He loves racing out of the line. Papalli is going to be a star.

Last edited:
Short term club form is why some want Gillett there. Taylor has been ordinary for a while. Te'o seems like he suits Origin better than the other 2, he is a hole hitter with no stupid fancy tricks. He has got some defensive issues though. He loves racing out of the line. Papalli is going to be a star.

Going to be. Isn't yet.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.