NSW and QLD Origin sides (Lets do it)

What's up with the love for McQueen?

Decent if not handy first grader, but does he bend the line? Is he a strong defender? Or is it his versatility?

If we're not careful, Tyrell, Crocker & B. Lowe could be suiting up for the Maroons.

I want the bunnies depleted during origin time, bullshit that they go through it untouched.

Why the Bunnies? It's usually Manly that keeps getting away with minimal involvement in Origin.

:laugh: nice work Edo, was wondering where you were going with the Burgess brother nomination.

Hasler is the ultimate beneficiary of Origin. Still wonder how he'd go if he had to give up more than the odd player or total nuffie. Losing Josh Perry & Jason King...gee that has to hurt.

Last edited:
What's up with the love for McQueen?

Decent if not handy first grader, but does he bend the line? Is he a strong defender? Or is it his versatility?

If we're not careful, Tyrell, Crocker & B. Lowe could be suiting up for the Maroons.

We have gone into most, if not all origin games with a utility on the bench. Yes, gillett could fill that role, but i REALLY dont like the idea of him in the centres in origin. McQueen showed last year that he can play 2nd row with the best and can fill in in the centers admirably if need be. He hasnt had the great form this year that he showed last year, but i wouldnt mind seeing him given a shot

I've made my thoughts on utilities pretty clear so I won't go into it.

Gillett didn't pan out but the idea was right. A player with the ability to break and make tackles. Unfortunately, he wasn't up to that level, but I'd still persist with him than go with McQueen who really isn't anything more than a solid player.

If you want a centre on the bench, why not name an actual centre like Gagai or Hodges?

Hodges off the bench actually wouldn't be too bad. Could make a big 30m break which we score off then he comes off for the rest of the game. Already, he's done more than McQueen ever could.

Last edited:
McQueen doesn't offer a lot. I'd rather them pick Gavin Cooper.

Simple selection for 2013 origin unless injuries if it aint broke dont fix it.:biggrin:

McQueen doesn't offer a lot. I'd rather them pick Gavin Cooper.

Now here's a guy who has been pretty unlucky in not making the QLD side. His hole hitting ability is top class, and he can play centre too. I think he even played some hooker, a long time ago.

Not a bad call, would prefer Cooper over McQueen although his form has been pretty terrible this year.

I've made my thoughts on utilities pretty clear so I won't go into it.

Gillett didn't pan out but the idea was right. A player with the ability to break and make tackles. Unfortunately, he wasn't up to that level, but I'd still persist with him than go with McQueen who really isn't anything more than a solid player.

If you want a centre on the bench, why not name an actual centre like Gagai or Hodges?

Hodges off the bench actually wouldn't be too bad. Could make a big 30m break which we score off then he comes off for the rest of the game. Already, he's done more than McQueen ever could.

i dont want a centre on the bench, i want a player that can cover many spots successfully. gillet, while a good second row, is a poor centre.

Ashley Harrison can play in the centres and even 5/8th reasonably well. Great defender and has a great passing game for a second rower, rivalled only by SBW's. Hopefully he's fit for it.

You already have enough backrows and versatile players, why bring in somebody who can play a bunch of positions...and not really THAT well?

You wouldn't put McQueen on the bench and not pick Dave Taylor. That would be mental IMO.

I've heard Taylor has been dead ordinary this year? ( I haven't watched any Titans games this year, even ours, so I have NFI really)

1.Slater
2.Boyd
3.Inglis
4.Gagai
5.Tate
6.Thurston
7.Cronk
8.Scott
9.Smith
Shillington
11. Myles
12.Thaiday
Harrison

14. Te'o
Hannant
16. Parker
17. Taylor

18. Lillyman
19. Papalii

You wouldn't put McQueen on the bench and not pick Dave Taylor. That would be mental IMO.

Taylor has been useless this year, and was shit enough to be dropped last year. I dont particularly care if we never see him in the QLD side again.

You already have enough backrows and versatile players, why bring in somebody who can play a bunch of positions...and not really THAT well?

Didnt see much of Souths in the latter part of the year last year did you? McQueen was great. Hes tough as nails, has some mongrel to him and wont back down. Could be great for QLD. Cooper would be great too, but seems to be out of form since he cant even crack the starting 13 for the cowboys.

All arguments aside, i dont think mcqueen will get picked, and i wont be devastated by that. I just think hes a better, more reliable option that gillett or taylor. I dont rate lillyman either

Last edited:
Ahhh, the ol' 'you don't agree with me, so you must not have watched them' line, usually used when you have nothing to add.

You rate him, how about you leave it at that rather than try and attack my credibility?

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncs30
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • bert_lifts
  • Financeguy
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.