International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Farah has nothing. Take Marshall away and he's just an average club hooker

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
As if, he is one of the best 9's in the comp and a big part of the Tigers success.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Farah is the second best NSW hooker which makes him about 5th on the QLD pecking order, without Benji he would look a lot more average.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Farah is the second best NSW hooker which makes him about 5th on the QLD pecking order, without Benji he would look a lot more average.

^^ This.

It's tough for NSW though. Look at the hookers running around in the NRL right now:

1. Storm: Cam Smith (QLD)
2. Manly: Matt Ballin (QLD)
3. Broncos: McCullough (QLD)
4. Cowboys: Payne (QLD)
5. Dragons: Fien (QLD)
6. Warriors: Heremiah (NZ)
7. Tigers: Farah (NSW)
8. Knights: De Gois (NSW)
9. Rabbitohs: Luke (NZ)
10. Bulldogs: Ennis injured (NSW)
11. Panthers: Kingston (QLD)
12. Sharks: Morris (NSW)
13. Roosters: Friend (QLD)
14. Raiders: Tongue (NSW)
15. Eels: Keating (NSW)
16. Titans: Friend/Srama (QLD)

So of the 16 NRL clubs, QLD have the main hooker(s) at 8 of them, NZ 2, and NSW 6. And most tellingly, QLD hookers for the top 5 clubs.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
farah is a gun. anyone that thinks he is just an average player made to look good by marshall clearly doesnt watch many tigers games. they both feed off each other, but neither makes the other player look good on that alone. it would be like saying lockyer makes thurston look good in origin, or the other way around. farah should be NSW hooker no doubt about it in my mind. he offers playmaking, not just niggle like ennis.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Exactly.

I remember he was playing 7 at a time for Tigers and is a real threat in attack.
He regularly plays first or second receiver at times and is a huge part of the Tigers success. Him and Marshall are but either of them are great players alone and better when they play alongside each other.

I can't remember which game it was this year but I think it was a Sunday game, Marshall was out injured and the Tigers were struggling to score big time, Gould and Sterling kept saying Farah needs to move to first receiver if the Tigers are going to score, IIRC as soon as he did the Tigers scored two tries straight off passes or setups from hiim.

I think Ennis is overhyped big time and if it wasn't for his niggle or his reputation for being a "menace" I don't think he would ever have made the NSW team. Farah has a better kicking game, passing game can do drop kicks and is a better defender too. IMO Farah is clearly the better player and Ennis is a myth.

The Bulldogs look better with Renyolds at hooker than Ennis.
If there was 5 minutes to go and the game was tied I would prefer Farah every day of the week.

I hope NSW keeps selecting Ennis though because he really doesn't offer anything besides making sure the QLD team plays better and his mandatory 1 or 2 brain farts per game are a big help.

Last edited:
dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Farah is a halfback playing out of position. With the ball in hand he's pretty good, but his dummy half play is sometimes very ordinary. When he passes off the ground, it's sometimes very inaccurate, and his teammates frequently have to jump or extend in order to catch the pass.
That's the reason I'd rather have Ennis in the NSW side. He's not the flashy superstar that Farah is, but his forwards can maintain momentum because he actually gets the ball into their hands.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Farah is by far the best NSW hooker IMO... but that's mainly because the rest of them are rubbish.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Culhwch
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • broncsgoat
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Old Mate
  • thenry
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • Lostboy
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.