NSW Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie Soward is determained for a shot and is in great form at the moment, I would pick him easy. I wonder if Pearce is selected because of his father.

Jamie Soward isn't up to Origin standard IMO. He requires too much structure and his kicking game isn't cut out to be effective in Origin. James Maloney would be an infinitely better selection, which is why I full expect to see Soward run out in game 1.

His kicking game is pin-point accurate, his attacking skills are reliable and his defence is solid. If i was to select the team Soward would be in easily.

And his heart bleeds Blue as well.

His kicking game is pin-point accurate, his attacking skills are reliable and his defence is solid. If i was to select the team Soward would be in easily.

Soward needs to be 10m behind the play the ball in order to get a deep kick in. Either that or he has to kick early every set. That might be fine for club level but in Origin level he will be ineffective. Maloney can kick at the line which in Origin is going to be much more effective. Not to mention he isn't afraid to present himself as an angle runner/decoy which will make him much more dimensional in attack than what Soward is. As a QLD'er, I welcome the sight of Jamie Soward in a Blues jumper.

I hope they pick Scott in the centres again... :shady:

Soward marking GI hehehe

Haha, so true.

I would pick the following team, based on what i have seen this year

1. Hayne / Stewart - personally id go b. morris if hayne isnt fit
2. B. Morris
3. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. Uate
6. Maloney
7. WHO KNOWS?!
8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Watmough
12. Bird
13. Lewis

14. Mateo - HAS to be there if they are serious
15. Learoyd Lahrs
16. Merrin
17. Scott (can cover quite a few positions for them)

I agree with most of that but I would have Tim Grant in there over ether Lahrs or Merrin, he looks the goods. Campese might get in the 6 over Maloney as well, either wouldn't be a bad choice and I think Pearce will keep his 7 jumper, who knows maybe Wallace will get the 7 if he keeps form?

Off topic but if anyone of you think that NSW selections are based on race I recommend therapy because you know nothing about life. Righto back on topic people.

Off topic but if anyone of you think that NSW selections are based on race I recommend therapy because you know nothing about life. Righto back on topic people.

Nobody here thinks that. We all know the only criteria NSW selectors use is level of stupidity.

1. What the hell has this got to with anything that has been said in this thread or across the forums. If there has been any racial remarks lately, I'm sure they were meant to be aimed at you, and you only.

2. It doesn't matter WHO NSW pick, it's going to be a good few years until I feel confident that NSW will be a threat. Ricky is on the right path though.

Say what you want, He's too good to be left out.

Well, he's pretty useless at the best of times old Hayne, but you're right, he'll be there because the NSW selectors seem to think the sun shines out his ass.

Well, he's pretty useless at the best of times old Hayne, but you're right, he'll be there because the NSW selectors seem to think the sun shines out his ass.

If it wasn't for Hayne QLD would've won the 1st 2 games of the 09 series in a landslide but instead Hayne's attacking skills left the Blues hanging in there till QLD put the game away in the final minutes. Also Hayne got Parra through to the grand final that year as well. And he scored a brilliant solo try in the 1st game of 2007 as well. Useless I think not

Nobody here thinks that. We all know the only criteria NSW selectors use is level of stupidity.

At leasts it's not racism. Racism:confused: what bullsh!t

This is my view. I don't thing he is ovverated but hyped up from time to time. Overhyped is the word.

At leasts it's not racism. Racism:confused: what bullsh!t

Circumventing the word filter. Naughty, naughty.

Rocky got in trouble for that. Must be a Blews thing.

On the fox sports website there was a poll about the NSW halfs favourite. If i was to pick the halves I would keep Jamie Soward, give Pearce the flick and give Todd Carney a crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Lozza
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.