NSW Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't for Hayne QLD would've won the 1st 2 games of the 09 series in a landslide but instead Hayne's attacking skills left the Blues hanging in there till QLD put the game away in the final minutes. Also Hayne got Parra through to the grand final that year as well. And he scored a brilliant solo try in the 1st game of 2007 as well. Useless I think not
All ancient history, what has he done in the last 2 seasons?

Lifted Parra's attack every time his come into play.

Lifted Parra's attack every time his come into play.
Subjective at best. He's over-rated, he'll still be in the NSW team but he's not the huge threat he's made out to me. He's not fit to tie Slater's shoe laces as a fullback. He can have brilliant moments but overall he hasn't done much for a long time now.

Maybe playing for Parrafail doesn't help though.

Hayne's a proven Origin performer. He gets a gig if fit.

2. Hayne
3. Jennings
5. Uate
7. Pearce
10. Gallen
12. Watmough
13. Lewis

15. Scott

Are the only locked in NSW players IMO. Pick whoever you want around them..

Peter Wallace is in better form at the moment then Pearce. (Hopefully he isn't selected though.)

Watmaugh's form has been super average this year imo...he should be coming off the bench.

Greg Bird is a must. He has been outstanding in a below average team.

Thank Goodness Tony Williams is out for a few weeks!!!!

Yes I was tempted to put Bird in, Sticky seems to rate him. I haven't seen enough of the Titans this year to be able to comment on his form. Pearce has been anointed the long term half, they'll stick with him for some consistency. He's a good player, certainly doesn't deserve the criticism he gets.

I do like the idea of Dugan - Maloney - Wallace - Buderus spine. They're all very robust, tough players who can handle the rough stuff of Origin. Whether there's enough creativity in there... I dunno.

Dukey if you add Hayne, Jennings, Morris & Uate to the outside backs you will have plenty of creativity there. Also Gallen in the front row and Bird/Lewis in the backrow...adds some flexibility to the play.

NSW cannot win if Soward plays, Origin is about kickchase and building pressure Slater and Boyd get a free.extra 10m everytime due to Sowards deep position ruling his team all offside. If fit TLL needs to be there.

Gallen today called for Carney to be selected in the halves for this series. Will make an interesting discussion at work tommorow.

NSW cannot win if Soward plays, Origin is about kickchase and building pressure Slater and Boyd get a free.extra 10m everytime due to Sowards deep position ruling his team all offside. If fit TLL needs to be there.

Well said Brizzy

I'm surprised ive been the only one to pick mateo so far. Offloads in an origin match are GOLD and he is the man most likely. He is capable of some errors, but then again, which of the NSW nuffies isnt? He HAS to be there if they want to win, but for our sake, i hope they overlook him

Totally agree that Mateo should be there. Gallen up the middle with Mateo and Lewis on the edges is just about the only fearsome thing about NSW -- they would be crazy not to want that. Which probably means we wont see it!

Totally agree that Mateo should be there. Gallen up the middle with Mateo and Lewis on the edges is just about the only fearsome thing about NSW -- they would be crazy not to want that. Which probably means we wont see it!

No Bird? He's been probably their second best forward after Gallen for the last 6 years. He offers another ball playing option too.

Bird will be in the team for sure.

Mateo is a momentum player. Looks awesome when a team is on top but when things get tough he'll do some really stupid things. eg. 2009, 2011 finals

Maloney tough? He's one of the worst defensive halves in the game.

Bird has easily been one of the Titan's best so far this season and IMO is a must. Still think he's a massive dog though.

Lewis has never impressed me at this level. Obviously he'd be up there for selection but I can't think of one game where his club or test form has translated into that arena.

Personally, i think Wallace has played himself into contention to regain his origin jumper, at the very least off the bench. but iIMO, he is the form NSW halfback (Carney's form started when he went to 5/8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Wolfie
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Astro
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Painin the Haas
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.