NYC Grand Final - Broncos vs Warriors - LIVE Discussion

It's heartbreaking to see the game come down to conversions and we miss them, but it was a good effort from the boys to fight back.

If only they didn't concede those 2 tries in the second half..

I thought he screwed up taking his time.

I think he did the right thing. If you go into a kick quickly because you want to have time to score a try in case you miss it then you've already missed the kick because you can't think like that.

Fai...Arrow.....JNicorima, very good games.

I think he did the right thing. If you go into a kick quickly because you want to have time to score a try in case you miss it then you've already missed the kick because you can't think like that.

Agreed......without the kick, there wasn't going to be extra time, so it all hinged on him making it.

Shame he missed. We would have gone on to win.

:laugh: is that being fair or just rubbing it in some more?

Poor kid, what a mixed 18th birthday present! Was probably our best on the park and had the chance to be the hero of the day but in fairness those sorts of conversion attempts are tough even at NRL level in those circumstances.

Yeah I just re-read what I said, was a bit harsh wasn't it, I meant it in the sense that like, he struck the ball really poorly, it's not like it was an unlucky kick that just went across the uprights or something.

Not really. You're still just swinging your leg at the ball. Goalkickers only take about 3 seconds from being stationary to actually kicking it. I fail to see how dicking about for a minute before that is anything more than superstition. An 18 year old is as likely to psych themselves out in that situation as it is likely that extra minute of stationary breathing and glancing up and down is to make a difference in the outcome.

Wouldn't mind seeing Arrow, Fai, Offy, Jikorima and Molo working their way into our side at various stages next year.

Not really. You're still just swinging your leg at the ball. Goalkickers only take about 3 seconds from being stationary to actually kicking it. I fail to see how dicking about for a minute before that is anything more than superstition. An 18 year old is as likely to psych themselves out in that situation as it is likely that extra minute of stationary breathing and glancing up and down is to make a difference in the outcome.

It's about process though. When you putt on the green the action only takes a second, but you don't just walk up to your ball and hit it. You try and read the green first and set everything up the way you usually do. Now, if Nikorima took longer than he usually does (I don't really watch his kicks that closely) then yes, that was a mistake, but there is no way he should have changed his process just in case he missed.

Add Berrell to that list too. Keep McCullough honest.

I'm by no means a Macca fan, but nothing about Berrell impresses me that much. Seems to lack some awareness to me (a view that stems from the Tigers game rather than the grand final). Of course he's still very young and could develop, but right now he's not ready.

Wouldn't mind seeing Arrow, Fai, Offy, Jikorima and Molo working their way into our side at various stages next year.

Give them a taste off the bench, then send them to The ISC when not required to further their development

I'm glad to see the guys fight back at the end of the game.... Shame that we let in a few soft tries though.

Active Now

• Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Financeguy
  • JamesC
  • Inknition
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • Sproj
  • Maroon4life
  • LittleDavey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • sooticus
  • something
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.