Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Canberra Raiders v Brisbane Broncos
GIO Stadium, Saturday 30 May 2015
Kickoff 3:15pm

Referees: Jon Stone; Sideline Officials: Michael Laverty, Daniel Olford;
1420535536.png

1. Chevy Ellis 2. Thomas Cronan 3. Brenko Lee 4. Cameron Booth 5. Lachlan Hurst 6. Lachlan Lewis 7. Dylan McGrath 8. Tevita Pangai Junior 9. Zac Woolford 10. Morgan Boyle 11. Jack Williams 12. Jared McIlwrick 13. Luke Bateman
Interchange: 14. Jack Hickson 15. Jordan Aiono 16. Daniel Dole 17. Ezra Howe

1420536256.png

1. Paul Byrnes 2. Jonas Pearson 3. Jordan Drew 4. Jarryd Dodd 5. Jack Tuttle 6. Jayden Nikorima 7. Will Brimson 8. Sam Lavea 9. Jayden Berrell 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Jaydn Sua 12. Alex Barr 13. Jai Arrow
Interchange: 14. Kalolo Saitaua 15. Keegan Hipgrave 16. George Fai 17. Lachlan Lanskey

Match Hashtag: #NYCcanbri

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
3rd consecutive week on the road, can the boys go 3/3?

Canberra are a similar side as Newcastle in a lot of respects. Couple of talented players meshing with a few ordinary ones and their form has been very patchy. They lost to the worst team in the competition in Round 10 and nearly lost to one of the other stragglers in the Bulldogs only to score a try in the dying stages.

The only way I can see Brisbane losing this is if the travel proves too much for them.

Or the likes of Lee, Pangai Jr and Bateman have a field day.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
3rd consecutive week on the road, can the boys go 3/3?

Canberra are a similar side as Newcastle in a lot of respects. Couple of talented players meshing with a few ordinary ones and their form has been very patchy. They lost to the worst team in the competition in Round 10 and nearly lost to one of the other stragglers in the Bulldogs only to score a try in the dying stages.

The only way I can see Brisbane losing this is if the travel proves too much for them.

Or the likes of Lee, Pangai Jr and Bateman have a field day.
I doubt travel will be an issue, it's only an hours flight or thereabouts . What might be a problem and a big problem is if they get all the origin stars back and expect it all to fall into place. I'd be happiest if most rested with the exception of Boyd. I think the side from last night would be even better for the run and with Boyd added and one of the team from last night dropped to the bench for the injured Niko. I would confidently back the same team but surprisingly not have as much confidence with beaten up origin stars on deck. That's not saying the replacements are better either. Stagg's work last night was great and I think his tackling was undervalued on this forum. He was the best of the forwards with 39 from 63 minutes out working Glen who got the full 80. Great stuff.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I doubt travel will be an issue, it's only an hours flight or thereabouts . What might be a problem and a big problem is if they get all the origin stars back and expect it all to fall into place. I'd be happiest if most rested with the exception of Boyd. I think the side from last night would be even better for the run and with Boyd added and one of the team from last night dropped to the bench for the injured Niko. I would confidently back the same team but surprisingly not have as much confidence with beaten up origin stars on deck. That's not saying the replacements are better either. Stagg's work last night was great and I think his tackling was undervalued on this forum. He was the best of the forwards with 39 from 63 minutes out working Glen who got the full 80. Great stuff.
Wrong thread huge

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
1. Chevi Ellis
2. Thomas Cronan
3. Brenko Lee
4. Cameron Booth
5. Lachlan Hurst
6. Lachlan Lewis
19. Lachlan Croker

8. Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Zac Woolford
10. Morgan Boyle

11. Jack Williams
12. Jared McIlwrick
15. Jordan Aiono

14. Jack Hickson
16. Daniel Dole
17. Ezra Howe
18. Kalani Going

Bateman OUT but Croker comes in. Mixed news for the Broncos.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Lee scores after the Broncos kicked out on the full.

Woeful start.

Raiders 6-0 after 2 minutes.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Brisbane are their own worst enemy at the moment.

Croker receives a penalty for being hit late and on the back of that they work a backline move which sees Hickson score.

Now they're in again through Cronan.

The road has gotten to them.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
18-0 Raiders

Looks like the Broncos have an injury as well.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Too easy for the Broncos. First opportunity of the match and Byrnes scores his 11th try of the season.

18-6 Raiders

15 gone.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.