Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Penrith Panthers vs Brisbane Broncos
Pepper Stadium, Saturday 19 March 2016
Kick Off 4:15pm (Queensland Time)

1420530976.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Fuimanu Enise 3. Braidon Burns 4. Robert Jennings 5. Ratu Tuisese 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Cowen Epere 9. Reed Izzard 10. Oliver Clark 11. Corey Waddell 12. Jack Hetherington 13. Tyrone May
Interchange: 14. Kade Ellis 15. Liam Martin 16. Dylan Fuad 17. Wade Egan 18. Jake Ennis 20. Tevita Mapapalangi
1420536256.png
1. Corey Allen 2. David Fauid 3. Samuel Leach 4. Gehamet Shibasaki 5. Sam Smith 6. Haydyn O'Hara 7. Will Brimson 8. Sam Lavea 9. Tristan Hope 10. Keegan Hipgrave 11. Jaydn Sua 12. Josh Rudolph 13. Michael Molo
Interchange: 14. Logan Spaander 15. Tevita Pangai 16. Sam Elliott 17. Max Elliott

It's going to take some kind of effort to beat the defending premiers.

They're a vicious side the Panthers blessed with some of the most talented players in the NYC. I'm talking about guys like Nathan Cleary, Robert Jennings, Oliver Clarke and Tyrone May, all talented footy players capable of blowing games wide open.

To make the situation worse, the Broncos will be without two key players Kalolo Saitaua and George Fai. Currently their status is unknown but given their absence in the NYC and ISC it's safe to assume that both players may have picked up an injury in Friday's game.

knock on c.allen from the panthers 5th tackle kick..

ghis could get messy

knock on c.allen from the panthers 5th tackle kick..

this could get messy

Following the NYC is like tackling a jigsaw puzzle. You're given pieces of information and you've got to assemble the pieces yourself.

Young Panthers Too Good For Broncos - Broncos

Is a fairly basic description of the game. Penrith dominated the first half and went into the sheds up 26-0. Brisbane opened the second half strongly but were never in the hunt with Penrith racking up three successive tries to put the game beyond doubt.

NYC Panthers belt the Broncos - Panthers

Provides a more descriptive report of the game, albeit with a few errors and something of a bias towards the Panthers.

It sounds as if the Broncos had the first opportunity of the game and should have scored but failed to ground the ball.

Panthers dominate Broncos in NYC - NRL.com

This provides a better account of the situation, informing us that Tristian Hope placed a grubber kick for Rudolph, Rudolph failed to ground it and gave Penrith a seven tackle set.

The Broncos then had another opportunity but couldn't crack the Panthers defence.

The Panthers worked it up-field and scored on the back of Nathan Cleary's kicking game.

From there, the points just piled on. A knock on at the back gave Cleary the opportunity to put Hetherington over down a fringe. A strong run by Epere established a roll-on which saw Edwards make a break down his right before finding his support in Luai. They went in again on the left-hand side with Burns drawing in the defence Leach and Swift to put Enese over. Finally Cleary took on the line and scored a soft try to put the icing on the cake.

Brisbane hit back through S'ua who found Shibaski with a nice offload to open the scoring. On the next set, a simple second man play from Allan gave Fauid enough space to score a nice try.

However it was short-lived with the Panthers halves continuing where they left off. Luai tore through the Broncos right side defence to set up Burns and from there the Broncos were out of it. Penrith seemingly were scoring tries for fun and the Broncos simply couldn't get themselves back into the contest. The only solace was a strong try to Hipgrave in the 77th minute but by that point it was too little too late.

Stats
Keegan Hipgrave - 20 Runs - 225m - 24 Tackles - 6 Misses - 2 Errors - 1 Line-Break
Jaydn S'ua - 14 Runs - 109m - 30 Tackles - 1 Missed - 4 Offloads - 1 Error
Tevita Pangai Jr - 9 Runs - 94m - 22 Tackles - 1 Missed - 5 Offloads
Tristian Hope - 54 Tackles - 5 Missed
Gehemat Shibaski - 15 Runs - 106m - 1 Error - 1 LineBreak

Thanks BP. Dosent seem to be much info around about our 20s or followers on forum. Good to see a decent write up. From what ive heard, lots of errors and poor options. Who is young half? Left edge looks promising as far as scoring tally.

The halves are O'Hara and Brimson with Spaander coming off the bench as support.

I've yet to see them play but I don't know if I could put it on them just yet. It appears as if the backs are struggling and the forwards are often getting monstered as a result.

first full game i saw this year but was difficult with shitty pepper stadium screens smaller the 1 in my shitter and the sun in my eyes all arv..

halves were unimpressive but its hard to judge given the forwards were pretty well contained by the reigining premiers. seems to me the team really relied last year on the taylor/jnik magic.. which worries the impatient fan in me who was hoping hodges' systems would be better implemented carrying over from last year.

physically they looked like they could challenge the biggest and fastest of the panthers boys but they just seemed to lose their way particularly towards the back end of each half, but also dropped heads like when the grounding decision went against them early on.

hipgrave is surely only a matter of time before he gets a crack a crack FG here or elsewhere, a kev campion in the making for sure. some of the 2nd rowers/bench fwds just dripped.off.too many tackles, lost too many collisions and never changed tak or upped the ante

really no suprises hook isnt there anymore, his work really mustve left a mark

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Organix
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • Hurrijo
  • Big Del
  • Astro
  • Totally Unr3al
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lurker
  • blacknwhite
  • Ozired
  • Johnny92
  • thenry
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.