NEWS Oates recovering from lower leg infection

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Travis Meyn writes in the Courier Mail tomorrow:

Corey Oates is back at training, albeit on restricted duties, since being drip-fed antibiotics for a lower leg infection before Christmas. But Broncos head of performance Paul Devlin announces he's made a "full recovery:"

“Just before Christmas he picked up an infection on his lower leg and had to go into hospital to have some antibiotics by IV which have proven to be very effective. He will be back into training next week and we will recondition him and he will be back in with the full squad shortly. Like any infection it’s pretty serious. It did require intravenous antibiotics which meant a short stay in hospital which is not ideal for anybody. He’s absolutely on the mend now and looking forward to getting back into full training with the team. He’s getting back into upper body gym work and will start his cardio again next week.”

On Jack Bird, he added:

"Jack is in fantastic shape, in full contact skills, and is ready to play again."

Last edited:
ACL recovery times seem to be getting shorter.

Didn’t Oates have a similar thing not too long ago? Staph or something?

Didn’t Oates have a similar thing not too long ago? Staph or something?
I have an idea that I read somewhere that if you get this type of infection you're more likely to have a second round. Yes, I might be wrong about this but I just think I read it some time ago.

Travis Meyn writes in the Courier Mail tomorrow:

Corey Oates is back at training, albeit on restricted duties, since being drip-fed antibiotics for a lower leg infection before Christmas. But Broncos head of performance Paul Devlin announces he's made a "full recovery:"

“Just before Christmas he picked up an infection on his lower leg and had to go into hospital to have some antibiotics by IV which have proven to be very effective. He will be back into training next week and we will recondition him and he will be back in with the full squad shortly. Like any infection it’s pretty serious. It did require intravenous antibiotics which meant a short stay in hospital which is not ideal for anybody. He’s absolutely on the mend now and looking forward to getting back into full training with the team. He’s getting back into upper body gym work and will start his cardio again next week.”

On Jack Bird, he added:

"Jack is in fantastic shape, in full contact skills, and is ready to play again."
Explains why I didn't see him the day I watched

Come on now boys, don't be too harsh on him. You'll ruin his breakfast...

Will this be his excuse for another shit year?

Staph infections can reoccur easily. Staph and related resistent infections are not to be laughed at. Not cool

Last edited:

Active Now

• Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • LittleDavey
  • broncsgoat
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • eggstar10
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • porouian
  • Wolfie
  • mitch222
  • Mustafur
  • Tim K
  • Redux
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
... and 55 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.