Off-Season

Flegler is back from Camp Covid:

“I had a pretty average start to last year then I got lucky with Origin and had a good back end of the year. Unfortunately I missed a few games due to suspension, which I need to work on and fix up a bit. I need to stay on the field a bit more. Unfortunately, I’ll miss the first few rounds of this year again but I should be ready to go come round four. You can’t really play too well sitting on the sidelines."

“I’ve been working with a few of our defence coaches. I just need to tackle a bit lower. With the new high contact rules they’ve been a lot harsher. They’re not going to change that so I need to adjust to the rules and be better in that area.”

“It will be intense, it’s healthy competition. Whoever gets the starting positions would have earned it. I’m sure the rest of the boys will be training just as hard to either get a spot in the top 13 or 17.”

"Origin gave me a lot of confidence. Coming out of that I played a few better games which brought my season up a bit. I needed that coming into this year. It really helped me. I’d love to play Origin again this year. To start off, my priority is to get back to playing consistent NRL footy and try not to get suspended. If I can be more consistent the rest will come with it.”

“I had a little cork at training, Payne Haas landed on my groin, but it’s all good. I’m just doing a bit of rehab running but I’ll be back into it.”

McHunt

Flegler is back from Camp Covid:

“I had a pretty average start to last year then I got lucky with Origin and had a good back end of the year. Unfortunately I missed a few games due to suspension, which I need to work on and fix up a bit. I need to stay on the field a bit more. Unfortunately, I’ll miss the first few rounds of this year again but I should be ready to go come round four. You can’t really play too well sitting on the sidelines."

“I’ve been working with a few of our defence coaches. I just need to tackle a bit lower. With the new high contact rules they’ve been a lot harsher. They’re not going to change that so I need to adjust to the rules and be better in that area.”

“It will be intense, it’s healthy competition. Whoever gets the starting positions would have earned it. I’m sure the rest of the boys will be training just as hard to either get a spot in the top 13 or 17.”

"Origin gave me a lot of confidence. Coming out of that I played a few better games which brought my season up a bit. I needed that coming into this year. It really helped me. I’d love to play Origin again this year. To start off, my priority is to get back to playing consistent NRL footy and try not to get suspended. If I can be more consistent the rest will come with it.”

“I had a little cork at training, Payne Haas landed on my groin, but it’s all good. I’m just doing a bit of rehab running but I’ll be back into it.”

McHunt
ouch , now that's a Payne in the nuts 😳

Boys at this club have had some real tough shit to deal with outside of the game over the last few years. Feels like there’s one or two of them dealing with something like this per season.

They are being forged in fire that's for sure. At some point though, once these kids mature (which they started to do last year) and with much better guidance now on and off the field, they are going to have one amazing resolve.

That's terrible news for the kid. I can't imagine his dad could have been that old - I mean, I'm old enough to be his father. Sobering thought.

They are being forged in fire that's for sure. At some point though, once these kids mature (which they started to do last year) and with much better guidance now on and off the field, they are going to have one amazing resolve.
Gould used to parrot that about our Anthony griffin team.

Before anyone asks there's nothing but speculation in Travis Meyn's Milford story in the CM. This:

1. Milford's back in Brisbane training because Souths have him on hold pending his court case.
2. Meyn thinks Souths will cut him loose but neither Blake Solly nor Sam Ayoub will comment.
3. Meyn thinks he will join Bennett in 2023.
4. Milford is due back in court in February. No date.

Before anyone asks there's nothing but speculation in Travis Meyn's Milford story in the CM. This:

1. Milford's back in Brisbane training because Souths have him on hold pending his court case.
2. Meyn thinks Souths will cut him loose but neither Blake Solly nor Sam Ayoub will comment.
3. Meyn thinks he will join Bennett in 2023.
4. Milford is due back in court in February. No date.
If Milford get's his life together and he isn't in jail, he'd be a good cheap signing for the Dolphins.

If Milford get's his life together and he isn't in jail, he'd be a good cheap signing for the Dolphins.
If they want to **** themselves up from the get go sure.

He's the next Jaryd Hayne

Sounds like Tesi’s father has died, feel for the young guy.

Terrible news about Tesi's Dad. Thats no age at all. Thoughts with his family.

Anyone want a low level journalistic read there's some good quality comedy on fox sports nrl at the moment.
Article rating the 16 nrl halves pairings. We are 12th. Might sound fair enough given Reynolds can't fix all our problems (im firmly on the cautious train with this as well), and our 6 isn't set in stone (although some very solid competition so we have some choices!), but then you look at who's in front of us.... warriors are 7th!!!!! lol we CHOSE Reynolds over Johnson like every other club, he practically got cut by the sharks and their 6 choice will be no better then ours. Dragons hunt and a rookie (could argue this one but wait for the next one!).... then TIGERS ARE 8TH, Luke brooks and Jackson Hastings ffs hahahaha... even sharks in front of us is laughable, Reynolds has had 10+ good years AS A HALFBACK in the nrl, hynes had a great year last year AS A FULLBACK with moylan - who there's continuing speculation he will retire because he is playing that poorly!.

Ffs I get this stuff is subjective buy have these guys ever even watched footy.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Skathen
  • Broncorob
  • cento
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.