Off-Season

So can Piakura serve the last game.of his suspension this week?

It would be reasonable to assume ue would have been selected.

I thought the same thing, I’d be doing any smoke or mirrors I can to get him to be playing finals.

Just on that lack of football and why I would be getting any football I could into these guys.

Piakura played for Australia v New Zealand nearly exactly two years ago.

He played 80 minutes in the Test.
Then no football at all in 2020

80 minutes v Tigers (ISC)
80 minutes v Townsville (ISC)
80 minutes v Souths (ISC)
56 minutes v Bears (ISC)
57 minutes v Tweed (ISC)
11 minutes v Sharks (NRL)

That's 444 minutes of football in two years or 5 and a half games.

It's a miracle that anyone that finished school in 2019 or 2020 is playing NRL, Piakura, Walker, Sexton, Willson, Walsh and Hamiso are marvels.

They're easily 30-40 games behind where they should be at this stage of 2021.

Pick of the Wynnum backs. They were pretty rusty and Wynnum didn’t look slick. Cobbo was smarter; followed Scarlett and was playing with more insight than earlier in the season. He’s gone back to Wynnum a better player.

161m. Six tackle breaks but highlight is the slick pass for Hoeter try. No way he does that before.

161m. Six tackle breaks but highlight is the slick pass for Hoeter try. No way he does that before.
I only saw the replay but Cobbo looked to have some traditional bronco fullback moments in defence. Lack of urgency, and a drop ball leading to 3 tries.

I only saw the replay but Cobbo looked to have some traditional bronco fullback moments in defence. Lack of urgency, and a drop ball leading to 3 tries.

Yeah Wynnum backs looked like they were playing round one and just met.

Mam, Josh James, Paix, Tas, LBB all looked great. Could be our spine there with the 6,7,9.
Magpies 33 vs dolphins 22.

Paix and mam scored two times each, tass and quai-ward also crossed the line.

Interesting game, magpies looked a little clunky in attack and erratic at times but were saved by individual plays (paix's tries were both his efforts from dummy half, mam's first was him sighting a gap and just going for it, tass crossed by just beating his man and quai-ward's was a length of field after fielding a bomb).

Magpies defence is an issue. Like the broncos they have virtually no line speed, and are often on the back foot and were only saved by scrambling defence, dolphins errors or enough field position to incur the metres.

Isaako was generally solid but quiet. He had a few erratic moments in the attacking zone, but his goal line defence was pretty good.

Apart from his first kick which he put out on the full, james' kicking game was pretty solid. Kicked a 40m field goal and He looked to have kicked a 40-20 but it was batted in (but the fullbacks foot may have been on the line on the time but not called). Tass and quai-ward were both pretty strong, ran hard and tackled hard.

Mam is good and can spot opportunities for himself but I think to reach his potential as a half and become the ideal player alongside reynolds he needs to work on his peripheral vision and ability to spot opportunities for his team mates. A few times had he thrown a cut out pass or early pass his outside men had opportunities.

But promising signs for the developing broncos.

Jayden nikorima was threatening all game for the dolphins and I think he will do well in Melbourne.

Lockyer son's is Hugo too- what is the chances of two second gen Broncos called Hugo playing.

Surely no team has had two Hugos before.
E13AC4D5 1B43 4150 BECF E5E249FF8DD2

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.