OFFICIAL: NSW GAME 1 - TEAM

Actually Bird is a terrible defender and Gallen can be found out especially on the line.

Scott is definitely good though.

I'm indifferent towards this team. I'm surprised Hayne and Idris aren't there, Hayne would have been a decent addition on the wing, but I think they will be better off without Idris. The bench is a bit meh, but overall if they work hard I don't see why they can't put up a good fight.

The Rock said:
BTW, thank god the team that was picked was nothing like Pigskin's one. Glad the selectors had some brains this year.

Oink!

He didn't get under your skin by any chance, did he Shaun?

The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":b34oniew]Actually Bird is a terrible defender and Gallen can be found out especially on the line.

Scott is definitely good though.

Bird is good, his aggression and attitude towards the defensive line is very good. And EVERY player can be found out, there is never a perfect defender in rugby league, so let's go nuts.[/quote:b34oniew]

That's true although plenty of defenders damn near go close.

Bird is just a liability though in defence and can be found out with ease. Labelling him a good defender is silly.

I think its their best team on years. Idris is a major liability in defense, he is not ready. Hayne should have been on the wing. King is a good inclusion IMO, can't put a price on experience. Especially with the other young props they've gone with.

The Rock said:
Scotty said:
I'm indifferent towards this team. I'm surprised Hayne and Idris aren't there, Hayne would have been a decent addition on the wing, but I think they will be better off without Idris. The bench is a bit meh, but overall if they work hard I don't see why they can't put up a good fight.

[quote="The Rock":31chgtzb]BTW, thank god the team that was picked was nothing like Pigskin's one. Glad the selectors had some brains this year.

Oink!

He didn't get under your skin by any chance, did he Shaun?

Never. But by the sounds of it, I sure got under his. icon_thumbs_u[/quote:31chgtzb]

Obviously, and that's why you keep going on about it.

Btw rocky it doesn't feel like origin time with you still making sense. It's time to channel your inner mark geyer

Are you going to be a twat like last year, or calm it down to being normal?

Snowden should get his ass ready in case Ennis wants to bury his head there again after someone tries to fight him.

Nashy said:
What about Creagh?
He will just need his fairy skirt and his backward step and he should be right.

This isn't a team picked to win this one game or series. It's a team picked to develop over the next 3 or 4 years. They could very well win game one, or even the series (shock horror!) but it looks like a team that Stewart has earmarked for the future.

Personally, I can't see this team winning the series, particularly after Thurston's and Scott's effort last night. But in a few years when this team has played a lot of games together and Smith, Slater & Thurston coming to the back end of their careers could be quite a handful.

no hayne? [icon_lol1. they obviously dont want to win.

hayne should be their first player picked along with gallen. pick hayne on the wing, as hooker, as prop - he has to be there, hes too good not to be.

i dont understand creagh on the bench either? hes an 80 minute player, and hes not really an impact player. he should be in the starting line or not there.

and how is luke lewis not there? he played the house down against the broncos, and is always a handful. on his day hes one of the most dangerous players with ball in hand around.

Anonymous person said:
no hayne? [icon_lol1. they obviously dont want to win.

hayne should be their first player picked along with gallen. pick hayne on the wing, as hooker, as prop - he has to be there, hes too good not to be.

i dont understand creagh on the bench either? hes an 80 minute player, and hes not really an impact player. he should be in the starting line or not there.

and how is luke lewis not there? he played the house down against the broncos, and is always a handful. on his day hes one of the most dangerous players with ball in hand around.

I forgot about Lewis, but yeah, agreed on that point. They would have really given their bench a boost having him there.

Take the bait? So you'll be baiting a lot? Isn't that against the rules... [icon_razz1

Rocky does a lot of baiting. If it's premature baiting then he will end up with something of a mess on his hands

Also he'll go blind.

Quite happy with that team, actually. The 1-7 are probably the best that have been chosen in years - no Bird or Lyon, but a proper 6 in Soward. Glad there's no Idris or Gidley on the bench, but no Luke Lewis is ridiculous. Dump Scott for Lewis and you're laughing.
Not sold on King, but hopefully he turns out to be a nice surprise. Also a shame that Tolman has missed out.

I don't really understand the Jennings selection, he's worse in defence than Idris, and atm much worse in attack too.

The Rock said:
Nashy said:
Take the bait? So you'll be baiting a lot? Isn't that against the rules... [icon_razz1

Yes it is. But what are you going to do about it - nothing. Because it's entertaining and everyone has fun with it. =P
Can't deny how much fun whining NSW'kers can be! [icon_shru :twisted:

Active Now

• BooKhaki
  • The Strapper
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • Dazza 92
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Morepudding
  • eggstar10
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Big Del
  • lynx000
  • Allo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.