Oh Roy!!!!!

A pledge to refrain from drinking in public will likely cost Andrew Symonds his international career. The clause, inserted into his personal contract with Cricket Australia, was breached when Symonds indulged in a late-night drinking session after Australia's warm-up match against New Zealand on Tuesday, and again when he and several team-mates watched the telecast of the State of Origin rugby league game at a west London establishment the following morning.

http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/conten ... 07559.html

So, the issue is that he broke the clause in his personalised contract. At least it wasn't another bar brawl. I have to say that while I believe such a clause is grossly unfair, it is something that he (Symonds) has agreed to. Breaching a contract warrants being sent home, regardless of how unfair it seems.

It's interesting to think back to the time when players like Rod Marsh and David Boon were playing and picturing such a clause at that time. I guarantee they wouldn't care take it, and it would deter people from wanting to play professional cricket.

Cricket wasn't professional in those days. no sport in Australia really was, wasn't the scrutiny.

Plus I don't recall David Boon or Rod Marsh showing up the day of a game totally off their face as Symonds did in 2005.

pennywisealfie said:
did this really warrant breaking news during the footy show?

Yes. Because it takes the heat off rugby league for a few days!

Clintos said:
A pledge to refrain from drinking in public will likely cost Andrew Symonds his international career. The clause, inserted into his personal contract with Cricket Australia, was breached when Symonds indulged in a late-night drinking session after Australia's warm-up match against New Zealand on Tuesday, and again when he and several team-mates watched the telecast of the State of Origin rugby league game at a west London establishment the following morning.

http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/conten ... 07559.html

So, the issue is that he broke the clause in his personalised contract. At least it wasn't another bar brawl. I have to say that while I believe such a clause is grossly unfair, it is something that he (Symonds) has agreed to. Breaching a contract warrants being sent home, regardless of how unfair it seems.

It's interesting to think back to the time when players like Rod Marsh and David Boon were playing and picturing such a clause at that time. I guarantee they wouldn't care take it, and it would deter people from wanting to play professional cricket.

I'm surprised that cricket Australia didn't see it coming. You'd think that they could have set up a room for the boys to get together, watch the game and have a few drinks and possibly even bond, watching the forces of good triumph over evil.

Coxy said:
Browny said:
Browny said:
He's not an alco, alco's admit they have a problem

Sorry guys should have used one of these little faces to show I was taking the piss :roll:

You follow up one insensitive comment with another. You're call class Browny. No, really.

[icon_wink [icon_lol1.

And you my friend are a smart ass [icon_razz1

Je$ter said:
pennywisealfie said:
did this really warrant breaking news during the footy show?

Yes. Because it takes the heat off rugby league for a few days!

awesome point....

YOU DIRTY SCUM SYMONDS, YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE! HOW DARE YOU GET DRUNK!!!! CRICKET IS APPALLING!!!! CRICKET SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see him at the Titans game with a beer in hand relaxing last night (Foxsports no doubt will use the shot over and over again today)

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.