Olakau'atu Should Be Facing A Lifetime Ban

You can see Kaufusi early on here.

Still think this was the dumbest play of the night from the Maroons.

It would be interesting to see what the repercussions would be if a staff member/trainer ran over and got involved in a brawl. They, like Olakauatu, are official members of the team, albeit not in a playing capacity (similar to Olakauatu). Would the staff be given a similar ban or would they be removed and barred from future participation?

I think the overall take is kinda unhinged though. Lifetime ban? Ok.

Broncos/Queensland trainer is right there in the middle. It was the Queensland bench so staff weren't given much choice.

Precis ; I didn`t watch the match . Have no context other than some highlights .
Don`t understand that he was on the bench with his team . Melle splilt over on to the bench where he was sitting . And he got involved in some pushing and shoving .
But I am outraged ! LOL .

What were two Blues doing sitting on the Queensland bench?

Dude, there really is a good motto you should start to live by:

Don't reply unless you've actually read something carefully.

Fair call .
Let me return the favour . Actually watch the event that you are outraged by .

He was NOT IN THE TEAM, so essentially, this is a guy who has come from the stands to join in a fight. How is more not being made of this? If this was any other spectator getting involved, they would be facing a life time ban and a MASSIVE fine. Why is this different?

Does anyone remember what the bans were for the Manly/Storm brawl? Pretty sure guys came off the bench to get involved in that.

Point of difference .
There was actual violence . ie punches and head butts . Last night was pushing grabbing jerseys and saying not very nice things to each other .

Broncos/Queensland trainer is right there in the middle. It was the Queensland bench so staff weren't given much choice.

Jonathon Thurston too !
Life ban for them all . LOL .

The camera cuts away, but it appears that Oloakatu comes over from his bench, weaves throgh trainers and makes a beeline towards Val.

Lifetime ban is a bit much, but it deserved more than what Murray received.

What were two Blues doing sitting on the Queensland bench?

You are right .
I wasn`t taking note of which bench it was . Didn`t matter really . My point is he didn`t jump out of the grand stand and start knocking people out .
FFS Jonathon Thurston was in it too .

this is a guy who has come from the stands to join in a fight.

Two things I want to point out .
He was not in the stands . It was not a fight .

The difference between JT and Olakau'atu is that JT doesn't travel some distance to get involved and doesn't immediately beeline in towards a Blues player. They come into his space and he puts out a fend to keep his space. You can see from the other camera angle he's on the comms and steps away from the scuffle afterwards.

It's pretty disingenuous to compare the two.

The difference between JT and Olakau'atu is that JT doesn't travel some distance to get involved and doesn't immediately beeline in towards a Blues player. They come into his space and he puts out a fend to keep his space. You can see from the other camera angle he's on the comms and steps away from the scuffle afterwards.

It's pretty disingenuous to compare the two.

Yeah but @Big Del doesn't deal in facts.

And look, a life time ban is too much, as I said I am not really calling for it but I am calling for attention to be put on it through hyperbole - Olakau'atu needs to be made an example of. If you have this ridiculous ruling against Kennedy to protect refs, etc, what this player has done is FAR worse and whether it is punching or pushing or shoving makes no difference - the fact remains this is a guy not in the team who has come over to the other bench to get involved.

@Big Del, actually try and comprehend the point being made here, it isn't rocket science, I truly believe this one is not beyond you.

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

The camera cuts away, but it appears that Oloakatu comes over from his bench, weaves throgh trainers and makes a beeline towards Val.

Lifetime ban is a bit much, but it deserved more than what Murray received.

Murray should have been sent from the field..... not just been given 10 in the bin.

Yeah but @Big Del doesn't deal in facts.

And look, a life time ban is too much, as I said I am not really calling for it but I am calling for attention to be put on it through hyperbole - Olakau'atu needs to be made an example of. If you have this ridiculous ruling against Kennedy to protect refs, etc, what this player has done is FAR worse and whether it is punching or pushing or shoving makes no difference - the fact remains this is a guy not in the team who has come over to the other bench to get involved.

@Big Del, actually try and comprehend the point being made here, it isn't rocket science, I truly believe this one is not beyond you.

What would a fan get if he did the same thing. The refs need to just admit as well, Murray should have gone. They bottled it.

Life time ban ...

You couldn't argue if they did. He shouldn't have been there. No matter how minor you might think his involvement should be, he actively made his way into an area he wasn't entitled to be in.

As i just said, ask yourself what happens if a fan does that. Pretty sure thats a life time ban.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Maroon4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • Adammacca
  • teampjta
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.