Our new halfback should be

He's too built up now for this to work for us... They can't all play for a mill a season. Ideally we have our marquee playmaker on the big coin and a great up and coming 6 or 7 to partner( hello KNik).
Ash will now want big money, along with Milf and Boyd and Bird.Puts too much pressure on our budget.
We crossed our fingers when we let him go and kept Hunt, think now we have to do the same with Kodi.

Last edited:
I like the kodi milf combo. If we can give them some time to gel they could be the langer walters like players we want. Kodi bleeds broncos he has earnt his shot if plays well next season i dont see the need to buy ash.

I don't see why we shouldn't buy Ash. He is a better halfback than Kodi in all aspects of the game.

A Milford/Taylor combo will be far more lethal than a Milford/Nikorima combo.

How is it a bad look. At the time it looked like there was no passage to first grade with us for him, so instead of holding on to him for another year like we were entitled to, Wayne released him so he could play first grade and did the best thing for his development. We are now throwing our hat in the ring to try and bring back a player we developed and put before the club.

How the **** is that a bad look? Fair dinkum some people will just put Bennett and the club down for the fun of it. Bennett could cure cancer and some people would say "well took him long enough!"

Indian giving. Don't ask for a gift back. It's a bad look and the broncos will get slammed for it but who cares if we get our man. I'm just saying we didn't want Taylor then and now we're crawling back with our tails between our legs.

I like the kodi milf combo. If we can give them some time to gel they could be the langer walters like players we want. Kodi bleeds broncos he has earnt his shot if plays well next season i dont see the need to buy ash.

Haha! Your crazy man .

I don't see why we shouldn't buy Ash. He is a better halfback than Kodi in all aspects of the game.

A Milford/Taylor combo will be far more lethal than a Milford/Nikorima combo.
Yeah i havent seen that level of player from ash yet. Kodi's passing is off the chain. He picks some good passes short and long. Ash is good but i dont see the greatness there. Not saying h5w couldnt be. There is talent maybe like ash then there is determination like Kodi amd like cronk. Not the best player but will practice and put in whats needed and more to be better. Thats who i think kodi will be. He deserves his chance. Ash could have stayed but he didnt.

Yeah i havent seen that level of player from ash yet. Kodi's passing is off the chain. He picks some good passes short and long. Ash is good but i dont see the greatness there. Not saying h5w couldnt be. There is talent maybe like ash then there is determination like Kodi amd like cronk. Not the best player but will practice and put in whats needed and more to be better. Thats who i think kodi will be. He deserves his chance. Ash could have stayed but he didnt.

Because bennett didnt want to hold him back

Ash shits all over Kodi ... our biggest problem is that I doubt we could afford him under the cap.

Ash shits all over Kodi ... our biggest problem is that I doubt we could afford him under the cap.

Thaiday leaving , dont resign Blair and we sign Lodge on pennies we should be alright to be fair

Bennett and his recruitment team are thinking otherwise. Kodi was never going to be the long term option, shit, we aren't even sure if he is a short term option. Snaring Taylor would be a major coup and set this franchise up for the next ten years.

If Milford's running game keeps declining, Kodi could end up more valuable than him, especially with Milford's salary.

DGId3iyUIAAQdfw.jpg:large

Wayne just planting seeds.
So Jonus Pearson is transgender....... I'll be damned. When did this happen?

Thaiday leaving , dont resign Blair and we sign Lodge on pennies we should be alright to be fair
We have to sign Lodge for at least 100k (minimum wage) we would also have to fill Blair's and Thaidays spots in the squad with guys on 100k.

Not to mention losing Blair would weaken our pack a fair bit and make life harder for both of our halves.

Indian giving. Don't ask for a gift back. It's a bad look and the broncos will get slammed for it but who cares if we get our man. I'm just saying we didn't want Taylor then and now we're crawling back with our tails between our legs.
From a Broncos perspective, you're absolutely right, and that's Wayne's responsibility.

From a personal perspective, Wayne did the right thing by Taylor, and the best thing for Ash is also to return to the Broncos (unless there is a significant difference in money), if he has ambitions beyond a fat pay cheque (which he does).

How that looks to anyone else is water off a duck's back.

Last edited:

We won't get Lodge on pennies. If he plays NRL he will need to sign for a reasonable amount due to his financial issues. That was the point of his whole 'chcuking in the NRL career' bit, at least as I saw it. If he has had a change of heart I can only imagine that is because he sees a way forward to allow him to pay his way out of his $1.8m hole and that won't be from a base contract...

We won't get Lodge on pennies. If he plays NRL he will need to sign for a reasonable amount due to his financial issues. That was the point of his whole 'chcuking in the NRL career' bit, at least as I saw it. If he has had a change of heart I can only imagine that is because he sees a way forward to allow him to pay his way out of his $1.8m hole and that won't be from a base contract...
Exactly, and if we don't offer him a decent payday a Sydney team will.

"Indian giving"......FFS what are we, 10 yrs old?

Give me a break.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Canga
  • BroncosAlways
  • Stix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrRobot
  • Lostboy
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • BruiserMk1
  • Tmac
  • Browny
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.