Our realistic chances?

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
well just stating numbers..

two wins basically guarantees we're in the 8. titans or knights COULD win 4 from 4 and finish even with us on points but we've got a 52 and 66 points dif start on them respectively.

tigers are only 1 game behind us and have a slightly easier run home but they also play the doggies and storm.

if none of titans/knights/dragons/raiders win 4/4 we will at worst be equal on points for 8th spot if all we do is beat the panthers in rnd 26. depending on how badly we lost our games would depend on if we scrape in. i really hope we dont scrape in this way.

and you know we're going to win that final game because its petero's last and the bunch of nuffies will find a way to get up for it regardless of how bad we got beat in the weeks prior. not to mention the panthers will be playign drinking games during the 20s getting ready for mad monday. those drongos love the pet too so will probably throw hte game our way to be nice to the big bloke.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If one looks at a lot of the tries this team has scored over the season - mostly pre-Origin, and same for defence back then, it would be entirely realistic to finish top 4.

There are so many points in this team. We just seem not to do the plays we know we can do, and have done.

If not, then we lose every match and miss the finals.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
If one looks at a lot of the tries this team has scored over the season - mostly pre-Origin, and same for defence back then, it would be entirely realistic to finish top 4.

There are so many points in this team.
We just seem not to do the plays we know we can do, and have done.

If not, then we lose every match and miss the finals.

What are you basing that on?

I agree with our defence........ but in regards to our attack, this team has struggled all year

and the year before that,

even with Lockyer.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008

I agree with our defence........ but in regards to our attack, this team has struggled all year

even with Lockyer.
Yeah Lockyer masked a lot of problems, wish we had Hunt still. Just saw a highlight reel of his.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

even with Lockyer.

Watch this year's Rd 3 highlights. Just focus on the way some of our tries were constructed. That's what I am talking about.

It doesn't matter about the opposition, what matters is the way the plays were set and executed.

That is what has stopped.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Watch this year's Rd 3 highlights. Just focus on the way some of our tries were constructed. That's what I am talking about.

It doesn't matter about the opposition, what matters is the way the plays were set and executed.

That is what has stopped.

And you really have to wonder why they've strayed away from what was proven to be working ??

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
And you really have to wonder why they've strayed away from what was proven to be working ??

... and as someone else posted, we thought the infamous "slide" had stopped as of last year under Griffin. But then again, as others have observed, (apart from no Lockyer and the Origin Effect), there's been lots of injuries to key players, Hoffman seems mentally and physically challenged, Wallace is in career worst form, confidence is low after consecutive losses.

So, as Coxy posted elsewhere, it's time for Macca to stand up and get things happening: forwards rolling and quality ball to the halves.

What else is there?

I

IBA

NYC Player
Mar 23, 2012
I read an article the other day that said up until round 16, we were in the top three teams for each of average points scored per game, average tries per game and average line breaks per game.

To me, that is absolutely excellent and says we have a team that can do it and something has happened. Ie, a shit-ton of injuries and rep season messing with the team and creating a fairly severe form slump across the board.

G

George Hartley

Aug 8, 2012
I think this week will decide if we are any chance this year. Hodges and Reed back in the centres so hopefully our attack improves at least...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think this week will decide if we are any chance this year. Hodges and Reed back in the centres so hopefully our attack improves at least...

... if they get quality ball ,or at all...

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
sharks were rubbish tonight.

despite more losses we are looking good if we can build on sundays game. any of the teams that will finish 5 to 8 dont worry me.. except the cowboys, but i reckon we can get them.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.