NEWS Pain of Brisbane's title drought personified

It is a decent argument, you're just too arrogant to understand it

I'm not being arrogant, I just think your argument sucks, and I've asked you to do better. Like, you're using gambling to push your argument forward as if it's some form of accurate measurement. It's not.

I'm not being arrogant, I just think your argument sucks, and I've asked you to do better. Like, you're using gambling to push your argument forward as if it's some form of accurate measurement. It's not.
How is it not? I was saying that no team can possibly ever start the season truly expecting there is no chance of losing. They need everything to go consistently right. You need luck. Or more so, you need no BAD luck.

What you were saying is you essentially expect the Broncos to win a premiership every year from the start of the year. And you compared it to a company viewing results. Your example is out of touch in numerous ways that to me are bleedingly obvious.

Not to mention most companies don't have a spending cap that is enforced by the industry they are apart of.

if there was no salary cap, perhaps it would be a little closer to the mark.

We have every chance to win it this year. We'll make the finals no worries, it's just a matter of pulling it together for 3 games in a row. Our roster can beat any other teams roster on their day.

^ That's the kind of belief I lost in 2008, and didn't get back till 2015. Every year since 2015, I think we're a genuine premiership chance.

We have every chance to win it this year. We'll make the finals no worries, it's just a matter of pulling it together for 3 games in a row. Our roster can beat any other teams roster on their day.

^ That's the kind of belief I lost in 2008, and didn't get back till 2015. Every year since 2015, I think we're a genuine premiership chance.
That's the way I feel. I know we're not favourites, nor should we be, but we have a side capable of beating anyone on our day, regardless of how good they go. The ability to counterpunch when momentum goes against us has been the thing holding them back. I'm hoping with more forwards, and more strike power out the back, that will change.
The spine is still a worry, but not so much that I've lost hope. Kodi, knowing he has the job (at least for this season) will have to be a good thing for his development. With Isaako, they have a worthy replacement should Boyd break down, Scarlet for Milford, and Murphy for Macca. They are not perfect, but well capable of filling the role. Something we didn't seem to always have last year.
The worry is what happens if Kodi fails to perform or breaks down with injury, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

They are all flawed in a way that might impact the performances of their team mates, although i havent seen dargan play to say definitively. Either they lack running play (Scarlett), kicking (Murphy) or are defensive liabilities.
They may have it in them or are developing those skills but it has yet to be displayed from what I have seen or performed consistantly.
It's for that reason a lot rests on knik's shoulders and I guess why people question our veracity as premiership contenders.
Still, im confident he has it in him to do the job required and we have the coaches to fix what he can't (either through training, tactics, or sharing the tasks among others).
Looking forward to watching our team defy the naysayers once again

I think the positive for our current team is that we aren't hugely reliant on one single player.

You could make an argument about Milf, but I think we play with the kind of structure where set plays are able to be implemented and Kodi has shown that he can put a player over the line.

Boyd and Macca would need to stand up to ease pressure on Kodi, but we have strike all over the park that we could revert to a different tactic should a key cog go down.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Cavalo
  • Reds2011
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Robboi_321
  • maddo
  • LGH
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • bert_lifts
  • mrtij
  • Broncosarethebest
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.