Passion factor a myth

White punches as he stands after playing the ball, because he thought Price kneed him in the head as he gets to marker. However once standing toe to toe, Price throws a left jab first.

On the statement that Waterhouse tackled Price. Have a look at the footage and remember the event, we had a huge debate about it on here after that SOO. Price was out cold on his feet from a White punch and Waterhouse was coming in to break up the fight but goes down with Price's momentum.

I still believe Poore didn't actually realise Price was out as he was never watching the fight and by the time he gets involved Waterhouse comes in and it looks like the tackle. So Poore does the "get up champ" and now realising he is not responding, freaks out so drops him like he did. It doesn't look good but I doubt there was any malice intended.
Yeah, except uh... No.

That is a just trying to exonerate NSW'ker players from dog acts. Price went down at the same time as he was grabbed by Waterhouse, which prevented him from evading the knock out blow.
Poore is just a ****ing grub who should've been hammered like Webb hammered Luke Bailey... 3 times!

Key words - he thought. There was nothing in what Price did and if so there would be a 50 brawls a game because it happens basically every set of six.

When toe to toe White pushes Price as hard as he can & then takes a few steps backwards. They both try and grab one another before White throws the first punch.

Whether Price was knocked out before Waterhouse got there was irrelevant. Trent was always going to take Price from behind and was a plain dog move.

lol at no malice. They never replayed what happened on tv so unless you were at the game yourself I assume this is plain judgement on a series of pictures? Because I was there, I watched as Archer stood in between all the Maroons players as Poore came over and lifted a prone Price up while the refs let him do it. It was terrible and there is no excuse for it.

Waterhouse, which prevented him from evading the knock out blow.
Watch the video again at the 18 sec mark. Look at the punch. Price is OUT and Waterhouse is still a metre away.

Key words - he thought. There was nothing in what Price did and if so there would be a 50 brawls a game because it happens basically every set of six.
This is another video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT1MfRyHkOM If you see 4.27 for the footage of the knee close up. Not much in it, but still White obviously thought it was a cheap shot.

When toe to toe White pushes Price as hard as he can & then takes a few steps backwards. They both try and grab one another before White throws the first punch.
If you watch it again. White is actually the one who tries to grab with his left arm and has his right arm cocked. Price gets 1 or 2 jabs before White throws his first wild punch. So obviously have to work out was Price going to grab his jersey or putting a few quick ones on his chin.

Whether Price was knocked out before Waterhouse got there was irrelevant. Trent was always going to take Price from behind and was a plain dog move.
It is very much relevant. If Price didn't get knocked out, Waterhouse would have wrapped up Price and someone would have wrapped up White. Due to the KO everything was made to look worse.

lol at no malice. They never replayed what happened on tv so unless you were at the game yourself I assume this is plain judgement on a series of pictures? Because I was there, I watched as Archer stood in between all the Maroons players as Poore came over and lifted a prone Price up while the refs let him do it. It was terrible and there is no excuse for it.
The video actually has been shown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wyh1-NACK8 If you watch the video fully, it happens straight after the fight. Poore turns after following the play, sees the end of the fight and what looks like Price being tackled from behind by Waterhouse and not knocked out from the fight. So again I doubt he thought Price was out cold, but it was still dumb to drop him like he did I bet he just freaked out.

Last edited:
Oh and don't think QLD are immune to cheap shots, they had to throw some in themselves after that fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ole1A50waKk

Sam Thaiday takes out Watmough (who cares though lol) at 9 second mark.
Hodges comes in with his swinging forearm (the reason Creagh pushes him) but lucky for Gidley he was very much wrapped up enough not to receive it and Hodges pulls out of the full swing. - 59 seconds

You can even count Carl Webb's come from behind and then choke and slap on Bailey as actually worse than Waterhouse - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkfEo56C7I

Last edited:
This is another video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT1MfRyHkOM If you see 4.27 for the footage of the knee close up. Not much in it, but still White obviously thought it was a cheap shot.

Which is my point, there's nothing in what Price did.

If you watch it again. White is actually the one who tries to grab with his left arm and has his right arm cocked. Price gets 1 or 2 jabs before White throws his first wild punch. So obviously have to work out was Price going to grab his jersey or putting a few quick ones on his chin.

Those aren't jabs though, he's trying to grab the collar of the jersey. You pay attention to White's right yet ignore Price's who is clearly imitating White until Brett eventually throws his.

It is very much relevant. If Price didn't get knocked out, Waterhouse would have wrapped up Price and someone would have wrapped up White. Due to the KO everything was made to look worse.

Everyone else was happy to let it go. Notice how Noddy & some of the Maroons run in but keep their distance yet Waterhouse charges in full bore to slam Price down? That's what makes him guilty of being a dog....

The video actually has been shown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wyh1-NACK8 If you watch the video fully, it happens straight after the fight. Poore turns after following the play, sees the end of the fight and what looks like Price being tackled from behind by Waterhouse and not knocked out from the fight. So again I doubt he thought Price was out cold, but it was still dumb to drop him like he did I bet he just freaked out.

Well I'll be there is footage. It's not as clear cut as I remembered but it didn't take a rocket scientist to show Price was clearly out of it & picking him up not only was a dumb move but a dog one.

Oh and don't think QLD are immune to cheap shots, they had to throw some in themselves after that fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ole1A50waKk

Sam Thaiday takes out Watmough (who cares though lol) at 9 second mark.
Hodges comes in with his swinging forearm (the reason Creagh pushes him) but lucky for Gidley he was very much wrapped up enough not to receive it and Hodges pulls out of the full swing. - 59 seconds

You can even count Carl Webb's come from behind and then choke and slap on Bailey as actually worse than Waterhouse - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkfEo56C7I

The first lot was born out of the incidents that NSW were guilty of. Also notice how the player on Sam's left tries to interfere with him before he gets to Watmough, think it's Ennis.

The second incident doesn't show the full extent of the tackle or what was happening in the ruck. Webb went heavy handed but it's night and day to the Waterhouse incident.

I'm not saying Queensland haven't had their share of incidents either, it's Origin things happen but I'd be willing to bet NSW are more guilty of it than the Maroons through out the history.

Last edited:
There was nothing in what Price did, especially in the context of that match where the ruck was ridiculously messy.

White got up and pushes Price hard in the face (Sterlo even describes it as a punch...) & then straight away takes a few steps back, almost like Creagh but never takes his eyes off Price. White is the first to try and grab Price (they're both trying to get each other around the collar) before he throws the first right & they're off. It's clear as day on both replays.

Off topic but just noticed Hodges goes through the Blues and pushes Barrett who's standing over Price and laughing at him. Good on him, a lot of Blues fans on LU said he only acted tough when he was behind refs. but clearly not.

Remember when Ennis started the fight & what he did when QLD fought back.

178878-origin.jpg

Anonymous person's photo is better.
Ennistheskirt 1

http://broncoshq.com/showthread.php/17838-Ennis-started-the-fight?highlight=Ennis

In other words, Rocky's right?

Sorry, I wasn't aware you didn't know what that means.

Too Long, Didn't Read.

Meaning exactly that. The post, I assume will be full of an argument that's been done to death a million times on BHQ, is too long for me to care about reading. You maybe right. You're probably not though.

I know what it means. But you chose not to read it because you knew I was right.

The biggest difference in these teams is that the maroons always play for each other, and the Blues always have a handful of stars who are out to prove a point, or big note themselves. It's a culture difference, and it's only luck that gave it to the maroons. For most of these players, their origin careers have been together. Being together that long, they're going to be mates, and want to help each other out.

Something NSW hasn't been able to do, because they haven't blooded players, and stuck with a team. Once they sort their team, and start to play for each other, we will see NSW have just as much "passion" as the maroons.

As for the argument that players who turn down the chance to play Origin. So what? Just like a lot of NRL fans, an NRL premiership is what counts, so I see no issue with a NSW or QLD player turning down the jersey to help their team.

Defending the Blues. I'm going for a shower.

And I was 100% right. He was over rated. He had a piss poor first half and nearly lost it for QLD by himself. Funnily enough, you Queenslanders were agreeing with my assessment of Thurston and then as soon as he threw a dummy and basically won the game off that play, you all did a complete bacjflip and had a go at me. I would have absolutely no problem with that EXCEPT for the fact that people actually agreed with me at the time. That shows how weak some of you guys are, at least stand up, be a man and admit that you had the same opinions as I did at that time..but nope. No way Queenslander's on BHQ are spineless.

Like to see proof of this.

You don't need proof. I am sure all the people who were here during that time will come out and tell you, that's if they have the guts and the spine to do so, which I somehow doubt being Queenslanders and all.

You would be a terrible lawyer mate.

Lucky for you guys, otherwise there would be some serious egg on your faces.

That's like saying that if there was evidence that the Melbourne Storm didn't cheat the salary cap, David Gallop would have serious egg on his face.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Pablo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • whykickamoocow
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.