Passion factor a myth

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
To support the Blues, is it a prerequisite to sprout/talk utter shyte leading up to Origin.

Or does it just come naturally.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
dukey & Twiz seem pretty reasonable.

Rock is just being a roody poo jabroni.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
:lol: SWOOSH

You can take that post, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Passion = blanket term.

And IMO QLD fans care more about SOO than NSW fans - GENERALLY speaking. I live in Sydney and I think this is the case. NSW fans just don't care about origin as much as QLD fans.

Myth? Disagree, history speaks for itself.

I'm not trying to be a prick but I have to say, Origin seems to matter more to us than NSW --> we hurt more when we lose.

B

Broncojim

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2011
Passion = blanket term.

And IMO QLD fans care more about SOO than NSW fans - GENERALLY speaking. I live in Sydney and I think this is the case. NSW fans just don't care about origin as much as QLD fans.

Myth? Disagree, history speaks for itself.

I'm not trying to be a prick but I have to say, Origin seems to matter more to us than NSW --> we hurt more when we lose.

I have to agree, being a Queenslander living in NSW none of my mates (all NSW supporters) take a loss as hard as I do. I know we havent lost a series for 6 years but when QLD were on the losing end of 3 straight series it was devastating. These days when NSW lose all my mates couldn't give two hoots about losing.

People in NSW just don't care as much about a series loss, they get behind NSW but there are so many other sports in NSW that ppl just don't take a loss as hard as QLD do. QLD is the heartland of league and you this during origin.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
If you compared 10 of the most passionate NSW fans up against the 10 most passionate NSW fans, there wouldn't be any difference

Well no shit. It's not even a comparison if it's the same sample set both times.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
That is absolutely true. Different people have different levels of passion about Origin. However, from an overall, state-wide level, I do think QLD are more passionate than NSW, and not just when it comes to league, but sport in general. QLD seems to have a greater sense of sporting identity than NSW.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Yep as a generalisation we are far more passionate about Origin, I think league fans in and around Sydney are very segregated by club lines and don't unite like we do. The fact we didn't have any teams until 1988 and then we have only had 1 in SEQ as a constant plus 2 small franchises in GC and NQ the league fans in those areas had already banded to the QLD brand whereas in NSW these old club ties in Sydney run a lot deeper than the Origin allegiences do.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
You'll always find a lot of heated discussion about the NSW team. I reckon the Blues hate some of their own more than we do at times.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Yep and that is the club allegiences at play. We all love Thaiday as QLD fans, but he is hated by NSW fans and many non Bronco fans if he was a NSW player he would not be lauded and praised as a certain starter, he would be bagged and criticised by fans of clubs he doesn't play for and his place would be constantly questioned.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
I will always be a Rabbitohs fan first. I will always support Rabbitohs players in their rep games. I want to see them perform to the best they can and enjoy that experience but I won't cheer for their team if it is Qld or NZ.

I find it as a NSW Fan I am so club loyal. I hate other teams and their players with a passion. Even if they put on that NSW or Australia jersey. I still see them in their club jerseys and just can't stand it. Even more so if they are so smug love me do type players.

So I guess that is why I don't care that much over a loss. Yeah on the day I am annoyed but it isn't the same as a Rabbitohs loss. It is just another 3 matches in the year.

Another thing that makes me less passionate at SOO time is that so many fans turncoat at Origin time. I know I have said it before (don't bother Ning). There are plenty of NSWelshmen who think they are Qlders as they are being club loyal due to being Broncos supporters. Forgetting the reason for SOO in the first place.

How good is that old White VS Price thread! I like the few people who made negative comments about Slater. Funny how quickly things change.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
When a Broncos player is playing for the Blues, I want him smashed to a pulp.

Then after the game, I hope he is fit to play for the Broncos in the next game we play.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
So hang on a second. If you compared 10 of the most passionate NSW fans up against the 10 most passionate NSW fans, there wouldn't be any difference - They are both passionate.

Because they would be looking in a mirror.

As if there are 20 passionate NSW fans.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
It must be hard for the NSW fans to have passion when there is the lure of the Sydney nightlife

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
You underestimate just how bad traffic is when the tunnels are closed. It's the only way!

Active Now

• The Boss
  • Horseheadsup
  • Sproj
  • LittleDavey
  • HarryAllan7
  • Skyblues87
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  • Battler
  • Painin the Haas
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Viti
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • barker
  • Galco
  • Spooky1013
  • Robboi_321
  • phoenix
  • BroncosMan
... and 72 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.