NEWS Pat Carrigan set to cap stunning NRL rise with leadership role

This is a joke isn't it? How many games has he got to his name?

Not a decision I agree with.

He will get there one day but it's too early for him to be in the leadership group.

Not a decision I agree with.

He will get there one day but it's too early for him to be in the leadership group.

I think him being in the leadership group is fine. He won't be captain yet, and it integrates him into what we are looking to do moving forward. His attitude and the way he goes about things is obviously impressing people. He won't be in it anyway if he doesn't have the support of the other players, but I don't see that being an issue. When you are a leader your age doesn't really matter.

Agreed @Wolfie. If the Broncs want culture change, change from the top, choose guys who lead by example and merit, not age and experience just cos that’s how it’s usually been.

If this kid is as good a leader as he seems, use him, particularly when there aren’t many other choices. It also shows other kids that merit is worth something and can inspire them.

Is anyone else concerned with how much info seems to be getting leaked to the press (assuming any of it’s true)? I thought we got rid of the rat.

Last edited:
There is one comment attributed to Seibs I read yesterday that jarred with me though.
He said that Patty 'was a bit of a favourite of mine'. Not happy Jan.

Other players reading this can now subconsciously hold that against both of them whenever a decision is made that 'favours' Patty at the expense of that player. Sure praise the guys' attitude and spell out the things he is doing and say that you would hope others will follow those examples.

Praise the actions and credit the player, but don't go creating 'favourites'. It's a sure path to disharmony when things get real tough.

There is one comment attributed to Seibs I read yesterday that jarred with me though.
He said that Patty 'was a bit of a favourite of mine'. Not happy Jan.

Other players reading this can now subconsciously hold that against both of them whenever a decision is made that 'favours' Patty at the expense of that player. Sure praise the guys' attitude and spell out the things he is doing and say that you would hope others will follow those examples.

Praise the actions and credit the player, but don't go creating 'favourites'. It's a sure path to disharmony when things get real tough.
The quotes from Seibold were part of a post match press conference... may have been after titans when he played 60mins or could've been when he started lock.

Either way they were literally months ago and he was asked during the presser about Carrigan's game... which is why Seibold was glowing in his praise. The part about being a favourite is in relation to his playing ability (you know what you are going to get) and effort during training... not him literally playing favourites within the squad.

In the context of a post match presser his comments were fine... in the context of the article they make it out like Seibs said it yesterday in response to him potentially joining the leadership group.

I think Seibold has also praised Turpin with something like he's got a soft spot for him since coaching him in a 20's game... they're endorsements from the coach for the effort they put in rather than being a favourite, because they're a good bloke

Last edited:
I think another player would have to be pretty insecure in general to feel that a comment like that to Carrigan was a slap at them.

I think another player would have to be pretty insecure in general to feel that a comment like that to Carrigan was a slap at them.
Exactly @Sproj. The coming generation is far more angst ridden than any other previous generation mainly because they have grown up with the online faux outrage from day dot.

I think him being in the leadership group is fine. He won't be captain yet, and it integrates him into what we are looking to do moving forward. His attitude and the way he goes about things is obviously impressing people. He won't be in it anyway if he doesn't have the support of the other players, but I don't see that being an issue. When you are a leader your age doesn't really matter.
That's a big part of why you have leadership groups. It brings guys into the leadership fold and helps develop those leadership capabilities for the future. It's a great call.

Last edited:
Exactly @Sproj. The coming generation is far more angst ridden than any other previous generation mainly because they have grown up with the online faux outrage from day dot.
HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!!!!!!

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • BroncoFan94
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Thelmus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Griffo
  • K-Style
  • achievedrap
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Locky field goal
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • winslow_wong
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.