Paul White Announces Final Year as CEO

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

So it looks like Paul White is re-signing for one year only and is then leaving.

I'm happy with that, 10 years is long enough for any CEO. Cya.

The only real concern is the old cliche "better the devil you know". I have many criticisms of White but he's also very good in many areas however I think his football input absolutely sucks.

Realistically, who is going to replace him? There's a lot of shit options for CEO and we could end up with someone who is horrible.

Say what you want but the near decade he was in charge was our worst 10 years of Football performance since we were created, we may have grown on the business end but the football performance is what really matters.

Need some drive to run this club, to force our way back to the top.

we may have grown on the business end but the football performance is what really matters.

You do know how businesses work though right? The business end is just as important, if not more. If the business end of a footy club goes to shit, there is no more footy club.
They should just separate the business side and footy side completely.

Bet Bennett wishes white had gone a year early.

You do know how businesses work though right? The business end is just as important, if not more. If the business end of a footy club goes to shit, there is no more footy club.

If the footy part goes to shit, the business end should follow. Broncos aren’t paying that price though, record losses on the field, year after year of mediocrity but there is a ‘too big to fail’ feel to this club. They take their fans for granted.

Other than how the Wayne thing went down, I don’t care too much one way or the other about White.

This is the NRL, where badly run teams get rewarded and the best ones get nobbled (unless you’re owned by Politis).

I would argue that if we performed better we would do even better though, our crowds have stagnated since our last GF year which wouldn't of been the case had we been more successful.

I would argue that if we performed better we would do even better though, our crowds have stagnated since our last GF year which wouldn't of been the case had we been more successful.

That's the thing that gets me. The two go hand in hand. We can harp on about our off field success all we want. At the end of the day, we will never see the true potential of the club (as a business) reached without the on field success.

That's the thing that gets me. The two go hand in hand. We can harp on about our off field success all we want. At the end of the day, we will never see the true potential of the club (as a business) reached without the on field success.
Imagine if our team was trusted to make a game of Storm we would probably fill the stadium, but who wants to see our team get wrecked to pieces, there is a direct correlation between success and more support.

Last edited:
And now he's going to leg it , bit weak imo
One way to look at it. Or he always planned on finishing up and thought it was to set the club up with a long term option and then stuck around an extra year to see out the transition.

I guess we’ll look back in 4 years to see how harshly we judge the plan but the intentions doesn’t seem bad. Seibold will be White’s legacy, for better or worse.

And now he's going to leg it , bit weak imo
Exactly. Piss weak. Doesn't want to stick around to clean up the gigantic fucking mess he's created.

Last edited by a moderator:
He stays around, he should be sacked. He leaves, he should stay. Can’t win.

how easily some of you forget just how dark the Cullen years were. He single-handedly established the backward trend this club still hasn’t recovered from.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Alec
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • Fatboy
  • Rambstien
  • Shane Tronc
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Stinger
  • winslow_wong
  • Porthoz
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.