Paul White Announces Final Year as CEO

If he knows he wants to leave then why is he sticking around another year though? He either wants to be here or he doesn't.

If he knows he wants to leave then why is he sticking around another year though? He either wants to be here or he doesn't.

Long service leave.. When your annual salary is $600k LSL alone is worth $100k.

Last edited:
Waiting out Greenberg who’s contract is up at the end of next year. Vlandys isn’t a big fan of Greenberg so it’s probably unlikely he’s given the two year extension he wants.

White was reportedly friends with both Bennett and Hook ...

White was also in charge when both were sacked
Friends - try each other’s best men.

The fact White pulled the trigger on Griffin tells you all you need to know when it comes to what he is willing to do for what he believes is the betterment of this club.

I am yet to see Paul White drop a ball or miss a tackle, but somehow he’s responsible for the poor performances of the team.

I also don’t recall people calling for Politis’ head when the Roosters got the spoon only 10 years ago.

I know you’re a staunch fan of his, but the disdain and utter nonsense others dribble about him on this forum is straight up ridiculous.

I would argue that if we performed better we would do even better though, our crowds have stagnated since our last GF year which wouldn't of been the case had we been more successful.
Since our last Grand Final we've gone from a predominantly Friday night team to a predominantly Thursday night team. We also went like two years without a Sunday game. So much more goes into crowd numbers than just our success, though of course that is a factor as well. I actually think given how regularly we get the dud spot of Thursday night games the crowd numbers have been better than I thought.
[automerge]1571005919[/automerge]
Long service leave.. When your annual salary is $600k LSL alone is worth $100k.
The guy is already paid a bomb and he'll likely earn even more when he goes on to his next role. I doubt LSL, even 100k woth of it, is much of a factor in his decision.

Last edited:
Since our last Grand Final we've gone from a predominantly Friday night team to a predominantly Thursday night team. We also went like two years without a Sunday game. So much more goes into crowd numbers than just our success, though of course that is a factor as well. I actually think given how regularly we get the dud spot of Thursday night games the crowd numbers have been better than I thought.
[automerge]1571005919[/automerge]

The guy is already paid a bomb and he'll likely earn even more when he goes on to his next role. I doubt LSL, even 100k woth of it, is much of a factor in his decision.

It’s obviously a factor as it’s available in 12 months time. He could also have his future role locked up in which case he should just let us move on now. Who only extends for a year in his position?

It’s obviously a factor as it’s available in 12 months time. He could also have his future role locked up in which case he should just let us move on now. Who only extends for a year in his position?
There are dozens of reasons why he might extend for only a year. Finding a suitable replacement is probably the most obvious one but there are plenty more.

I'm sure the LSL would be nice, but a guy who earns the best part of a million bucks most years and is probably going to continue to do so in other businesses and other board roles going forward is pretty unlikely to be motivated to stick around for a lazy 100k in LSL entitlements alone.

Last edited:
Friends - try each other’s best men.

The fact White pulled the trigger on Griffin tells you all you need to know when it comes to what he is willing to do for what he believes is the betterment of this club.

I am yet to see Paul White drop a ball or miss a tackle, but somehow he’s responsible for the poor performances of the team.

I also don’t recall people calling for Politis’ head when the Roosters got the spoon only 10 years ago.

I know you’re a staunch fan of his, but the disdain and utter nonsense others dribble about him on this forum is straight up ridiculous.

Decision makers always will get criticism. It's part of the job and part of why they get the big dollars

There are dozens of reasons why he might extend for only a year. Finding a suitable replacement is probably the most obvious one but there are plenty more.

Yeah maybe but I don’t see it as his job to get involved in finding a replacement and if the board wanted to get someone new in they should have been looking this year to organise something instead of having to give him a half baked extension to buy more time.

Yeah maybe but I don’t see it as his job to get involved in finding a replacement and if the board wanted to get someone new in they should have been looking this year to organise something instead of having to give him a half baked extension to buy more time.
What makes you think it was a board decision to get someone new in?

I just hope the CEO transition runs a bit smoother than the coaching transition.

What makes you think it was a board decision to get someone new in?

I only said “if the board wanted to get someone new in” otherwise it must have been whites call himself.

I only said “if the board wanted to get someone new in” otherwise it must have been whites call himself.
You can pretty comfortably assume this was White's call. As for why he's staying one more season, like I said there could be a range of reasons that are all perfectly legitimate and make sense for both parties. I doubt hanging on for some long service leave was one of them though.

Active Now

• Painin the Haas
  • Bish
  • Kev_Guz
  • bert_lifts
  • Skathen
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.