NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

Think of it this way. It takes a huge amount of pressure off our cap. We could get Crighton and have change left over, i think he will be the car that falls at Roosters if Haas goes there. Theres other good buys prop wise coming onto the market for next year and 24.

We have Flegler, Jensen, Robati, Pikura, Kennedy etc that can rotate through. We wont be at a loss if he walks.
Could also have a galvanising effect on the team morale too like off you go Haas, we will show you what you are missing. As others have said it may also mean we can use the coin for Munster etc in 24.

I think it comes down to the conversation between them. If the relationship outside the money remains cordial - and Payne tends to be extremely professional about this stuff - it's just another week for Kevvie. If Payne is still on the payroll, and he's in the best 13, Kevvie should pick him.
Yeh, nah. His attitude says he is not committed to the team. Professional you say. Professionals honour the contract they signed in good faith with the club.

Professionals understand that the current contract they are under holds good to 2024 and if they don't agree with the terms of an upgrade then they professionally see out the contract and leave.

Having a mercenary mindset on the other hand means you stomp your feet throw a tantrum and jeopardise your fellow team members' whole season.

That's a good point. But I still don't feel comfortable with the amount of venom this poster unleashes on all and sundry.
I think we have the right to be, Haas has spilled his toys out of the pram after a negotiation and is willing to derail his own season to make this happen.

Usually mid season releases are mutual as the player isn't playing well and the club too but this is completely out of left field and hard to rationalise.

No. When a player asks out - hes no longer wanting to be part of the club. He doesnt play. Its toxic. Haas requesting a release and making the PR public is far from professional. They are trying to force a position.
I can see your side of the argument, but he's still under contract and it's in our best interest not to piss his money up against the wall if we think he'll help us win this game.

PR wise yes. I know for a fact they have 500 to play with.
either way we are sweet i think patty makes almost as many meters and has an offload in his game jensen has offered more than was expected when the season started and we seem to have a slew of young guys coming through.
might be a blessing in the long run for us to part ways

Is this a good idea, if a player has requested a release from his contract early, there should be a retribution from the club that signs him to the club that has released the player.

No thanks, I'm as happy to have my opinion as I am for you to have yours.
Just keep in mind when you fly off half cocked with these intensely nasty comments about people you don't know, that our players might be reading your words. Your overarching theme is always about how players must remain loyal to us, or they need to be punished brutally, in a way that's abrasively like an abusive relationship.

I don't like the idea that players might think this is the way fans think of them: like our little bitches that need to get under our heel.

either way we are sweet i think patty makes almost as many meters and has an offload in his game jensen has offered more than was expected when the season started and we seem to have a slew of young guys coming through.
might be a blessing in the long run for us to part ways
yeah TC and kennedy(meme's aside has actually been good this year) cant even get a look in at the moment. Then you have willison coming through who is a gun as well. We'll be fine. Our forward pack is the least of our concerns at the moment.

wonder if it had anything to do with the club shutting the fifita returning shit down

DD and Ikin will do the right thing. The forwards did well when he was out for a week for his 700th off field dram. I just hope its dealt with quickly this is getting annoying.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • jarro65
  • marw
  • Fozz
  • Astro
  • mrslong
  • Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • sooticus
  • Alec
  • Robboi_321
  • Jazza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • scobie
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.