NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

Honestly, I don't really care as long as he plays well. I'll start bagging him out if he starts moping and playing shit, as long as he plays well I really don't care for the off field drama. If players want the bag, go hard, just give your 100%. He's allowed to ask for a release and there's genuinely nothing immoral about it, but if he starts being a fuckwit and playing like shit because he's not getting his way, that's when I'm going to hate on him.

On a different note, if it's the Titans interested, would you do a swap assuming Titans contribute part of Fifita's salary so we're only paying Fifita 800k next year? Effectively a straight swap Haas/Fifita.
I really don't think we need any middle forward. I do think we can do better in the backrow department. Obviously fullback/hooker/5-8 is the dream but those players are always incredibly difficult to get.

Would you do a straight swap Haas/Fifi on the same wage as Haas now?
Nope. I like the forwards we already have. The spine is what needs attention, and it's possible we already have the seeds growing for that as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Ezra goes tomorrow night. At some point soon we're going to have to decide whether he is our future 6, or only the backup for our future 6.

Blake Mozer looks like he'll be our 9. Do we need someone else in the interim?

Weren't the NRL supposed to be bringing in a rule that said any player who requests a release from their current contract can not receive higher money at their new club until the term of the original contract ends?

Make a big play for Munster now. Surely?

**** no. not good for our culture and not worth the money we would need to pay

Keary and Verrils plz.

I'd take that deal

How was Kevvie blindsided this morning if Haas asked for the release last night like original reports stated?

Something doesnt add up...

media hyperbole

Haven’t gone through the entire thread, no word why he wants out yet?

because we won't immediately give him a significant pay raise

This is all under your control. Honestly why post this?

probably shocked we didn't all immediately side with him and now trying to put out the flames from the fire he started

Funniest thing will be if he ends up a dolphin playing for the bloke who signed him on unders for in the first place.

I'd actually argue that bloke paid overs for Haas, since he gave a player with 30 mins of NRL footy under his belt a 500k a year contract

Honestly, I don't really care as long as he plays well. I'll start bagging him out if he starts moping and playing shit, as long as he plays well I really don't care for the off field drama. If players want the bag, go hard, just give your 100%. He's allowed to ask for a release and there's genuinely nothing immoral about it, but if he starts being a fuckwit and playing like shit because he's not getting his way, that's when I'm going to hate on him.

On a different note, if it's the Titans interested, would you do a swap assuming Titans contribute part of Fifita's salary so we're only paying Fifita 800k next year? Effectively a straight swap Haas/Fifita.
We are pretty light on edge backrowers, and our prop stocks are immense. Would definitely make the trade.
Out of the clubs who would take him, who would we realistically get from them. If we sign Manu, then its going to be for fullback so where does that leave Herbie or Cobbo long term? Walker for me is about the only other Rorter i'd want. Dont think any other club that would take him even have any interesting players.
Manu can easily play 6.

Haas might be stuck in a situation not entirely of his own making. He was very much a child when he was first asked to commit to something very adult, a contract to play for cash. Access to cash, fame, all the good stuff at 18 and money vampires scuttling about in the shadows everywhere he goes. Bit like early big earner 'Iron Mike Tyson'.

Haas played up a bit and although it was mundane stuff it has made a few quite agitated. I think it is nothing much, ugly yes but in the grand scheme of things in a long life it probably will just be a blip couple of years. He was just a kid after all

In his place I wouldn't know who to trust and who to disappoint. He sounds like he's in a legal bind but on the face of it it's only 2 hundred odd thousand that's at issue and that's a sum you'd be best simply negotiating a settlement for and move on.

Is there a more detailed explanation of the case?

Haas probably could do with moving for a while and Sydney Melbourne England ( on astronomical money ) just so he can get a fresh perspective sound like great options. I think the Broncos should immediately grant him a release. He might be loved by all his team mates and everyone very supportive around him but you need him gone, lovingly gone. How the Broncos proceed is critical to this year's success.

They must look 100% behind Haas and quickly get him gone. It should appear to his team mates he's been totally supported because then it's on Haas that he 'left them' and not the club being *****. You don't need Haas drama, you need a 'no drama' world for team harmony and purpose. If he's gone the rest will adjust quickly enough.

On a less reasonable note. **** you Haas. 🤣

Why are NRL players such fucking sooks. FFS 800k a year whats an extra 200k/100k after tax going to do?

Get some perspective you privileged *****.
What if he's not leaving for the money, but because he knows he won't make the team in a couple of years with all our gun youngsters coming through?

I'd actually argue that bloke paid overs for Haas, since he gave a player with 30 mins of NRL footy under his belt a 500k a year contract

Think you'll find it was Louise who was responsible for the contract, Wayne has no say in the money.

What's our leader saying?
Just that he was concerned he was ok. Says trouble with lengthy contracts with younger players is sometimes they don't live up and other times they burst out and outgrow them. Just saying they are trying to concentrate on tomorrow nights game.
Said he had a groin problem that came good then did the hammy. That’s more concerning to me then losing our last loose cannon..

We are pretty light on edge backrowers, and our prop stocks are immense. Would definitely make the trade.

Manu can easily play 6.
He isnt that great at 6 when he played there. He looked quality in the 1 shirt but i dont think i'd be wanting to pay him top line money as a 6. Be more than happy as a fullback though.

Think you'll find it was Louise who was responsible for the contract, Wayne has no say in the money.

They all had a part to play. Lanigan was the one who decides what numbers we can actually afford in our cap.

People dont like to believe it though, but Wayne doesnt have as much to do with the numbers as people like to think he does. I think he used to in his first spell here, but not so much when he came back.

From what I can gather, Toulon had to pay a $300K release fee, and then he fucked off to Union for a few years. What do you think will happen next?

SBW didn't have a release at the time he played his first game for them, that came after court action by the Dogs.

In Haas's case? Who knows? He'll kick stones and do the bare minimum I imagine. Turn into a toxic negative influence until he gets his wish.

But then again, maybe he'll honour his deal and be part of the team. doubtful given he seems to be putting himself first by demanding a pay rise despite signing a contract of his own free will and now throwing his toys out the cot.

Well it’s obvious, they just do a wonderful job recruiting and retaining their juniors.

Also, they never offended anyone’s Mum and Dad during negotiations so according to @1910 that makes all players instantly forgo hundreds of thousands of dollars for the absolute Honour of playing there for little more than lunch money.

Got to say anyone that thinks the Broncos handled the Sam/Ben situation well and didn't think it had an impact isn't someone that should have their opinion listened to too much honestly.

Cheers.

On a less reasonable note. **** you Haas. 🤣

Why are NRL players such fucking sooks. FFS 800k a year whats an extra 200k/100k after tax going to do?

Get some perspective you privileged *****.
R U Ok @Kimlo you’re favourite boy is a toss pot.

@Wolfie has been saying this for about 18 months now. Well called my man.

Klese is not a name.
Come here and say that to my control box.

EC100SLM KLESE control 02

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Swordfish
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Rambstien
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Alec
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.