NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

Haas might be stuck in a situation not entirely of his own making. He was very much a child when he was first asked to commit to something very adult, a contract to play for cash. Access to cash, fame, all the good stuff at 18 and money vampires scuttling about in the shadows everywhere he goes. Bit like early big earner 'Iron Mike Tyson'.

Haas played up a bit and although it was mundane stuff it has made a few quite agitated. I think it is nothing much, ugly yes but in the grand scheme of things in a long life it probably will just be a blip couple of years. He was just a kid after all

In his place I wouldn't know who to trust and who to disappoint. He sounds like he's in a legal bind but on the face of it it's only 2 hundred odd thousand that's at issue and that's a sum you'd be best simply negotiating a settlement for and move on.

Is there a more detailed explanation of the case?

Haas probably could do with moving for a while and Sydney Melbourne England ( on astronomical money ) just so he can get a fresh perspective sound like great options. I think the Broncos should immediately grant him a release. He might be loved by all his team mates and everyone very supportive around him but you need him gone, lovingly gone. How the Broncos proceed is critical to this year's success.

They must look 100% behind Haas and quickly get him gone. It should appear to his team mates he's been totally supported because then it's on Haas that he 'left them' and not the club being *****. You don't need Haas drama, you need a 'no drama' world for team harmony and purpose. If he's gone the rest will adjust quickly enough.
Well written mate and makes complete sense...I do have to wonder though, just how do his team mates feel about the decision.

Personally, I'd be filthy that he wasn't willing to wait until the season was finished. I think its a shit personality trait....to commit to something...then bail out halfway through. TBH...I think its telling of the guy in general.

The dog **** can **** right off as far as I'm concerned.

R U Ok @Kimlo you’re favourite boy is a toss pot.

@Wolfie has been saying this for about 18 months now. Well called my man.

Not a lot though is to do with his football. He's a terrific player, I dont think he is a particularly good bloke but as long as he keeps playing like he should under contract while i wont like what he is doing asking for a release under contract, you cant ask much more i guess. He needs to keep doing his job.

It would be a different story if this circus with him becomes disruptive or has a negative impact around the place. Thats when we need to just remove him from the starting side.

Well writtem mate and makes complete sense...I do have to wonder though, just how do his team mates feel about the decision.

Personally, I'd be filthy that he wasn't willing to wait until the season was finished. I think its a shit personality trait....to commit to something...then bail out halfway through. TBH...I think its telling of the guy in general.

The dog **** can **** right off as far as I'm concerned.
Imagine how Herbie feels, taking less to stay and haas turns around and does this. Ew.

I actually think he wants out of Brisbane not just because of the money. I think he wants to go to Sydney with his “Frendz”

SBW didn't have a release at the time he played his first game for them, that came after court action by the Dogs.

In Haas's case? Who knows? He'll kick stones and do the bare minimum I imagine. Turn into a toxic negative influence until he gets his wish.

But then again, maybe he'll honour his deal and be part of the team. doubtful given he seems to be putting himself first by demanding a pay rise despite signing a contract of his own free will and now throwing his toys out the cot.
Well if he does play tomorrow night - and it has to be 50:50 regardless of what they're saying now - he's going to get booed, like standing ovation booed. I wonder how he'd react to that? My guess is it would fire him up and he'd have a blinder. In probably his last game for us.

But I really have no idea. I'm looking forward to the spectacle.

Imagine how Herbie feels, taking less to stay and haas turns around and does this. Ew.

I actually think he wants out of Brisbane not just because of the money. I think he wants to go to Sydney with his “Frendz”
Exactly....I hope Herbie goes up to him and stands on the precious ***** shoes.......

I hope they all do TBH....

the fuckwit.

R U Ok @Kimlo you’re favourite boy is a toss pot.

@Wolfie has been saying this for about 18 months now. Well called my man.
In fairness, nearly everyone has been saying he's off to Roosters or elsewhere. It's progressed from newpaper rumour to meme, to something openly joked about by every TV commentator. Maybe we're the only ones who've been in denial. I know I have been.

In a rare display of club loyalty, Palasia turned down a longer, more lucrative contract to remain at Red Hill in Kevin Walters side rather than shifting south to the Northern Beaches.

Be like Keenan and Herbie.
Unlike Payne Herbie has actually backed his ability to earn the bigger contract, Payne is asking for an upgrade when his ability hasn't progressed to that pay packet yet.

I nearly puked when i saw this headline, but i honestly was not shocked considering his mates in SBW etc etc.

Haas might actually rival Coates in my most hated list after this, and as others have said, if we can trade him for a gun spine player, then grant him his release, otherwise he can sit out the rest of his contract.

Right as we start winning and getting on a roll this utter deadshit does this.
**** him, i will be glad to see him gone, especially after all the Broncos have done for this ungrateful shitstain.

On a less reasonable note. **** you Haas. 🤣

Why are NRL players such fucking sooks. FFS 800k a year whats an extra 200k/100k after tax going to do?

Get some perspective you privileged *****.
He is not the sharpest tool in the shed, he is receiving poor advice. The advisors can only see the dollar signs because that is money in their pocket.

Herbie came out saying how great it's playing with the guys (including Haas)you were brought up with into first grade.

Didn't seem to bother JAC too much, sick family be damned. Just hold your nerve and players will start to respect their contract.

JAC and Storm negotiated an agreement that gave JAC an upgrade to the remainder of his deal.

They were refusing to release him because their wing stocks were low. They weren’t doing it out of spite like many people here have suggested we do.

We offered Haas 6 million and would have been the highest paid bloke in his spot in history, but he said no.
He can **** right off asking for more money, i don't care how good he is.
This has ruined my day and my disappointment is immeasurable.

Maybe the Broncos need to ask the playing group what they think too. Maybe the playing group wouldn't be happy with what he's doing??

The players are good mates, they would support his decision.

Just like they supported Fifita’s decision, and Coates and all the others that left the club.

This a bit different to them. They didn't walk out mid contract, mid year.

That doesn’t matter to them. As far as they’re concerned, he’s doing what’s best for him.

Their friendship isn’t that fragile.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.