NEWS Payne Haas: we have a good team

HScreenshot 2021 04 05 Its on us Haas takes heat off under fire halves

Payne Haas won't be spending the next few days crying in the rain:

“Obviously there’s no sugar-coating it – we haven’t won (many games) for a bit. I don’t think our confidence is rocked. We just have to play footy and we just have believe we can do it against these teams. There’s no better than doing it against Souths this week and we have to be on our A game. The belief is still there. We have a good team and we’ve just got to put it together.”

H50f4a301872a04525ffa9ad59d5f4610

Putting it together and getting it undone

“Whoever is there (in the halves), is going to do the job. I thought Dearden and Milf were good last week. Us forwards have just got to lay the platform. It’s on us forwards to let them do what they do.”

“I have a lot of respect for Wayne but … it doesn’t matter who the coach is, we’re here to do a job this Thursday against Souths.

McHunt

I like big Payne, but he has rocks in his head.

Everybody’s response: haha come on now.

I have to say I give him top marks for staying positive. He's more optimistic then me though if he thinks we've got a good team. Mind you, if he's using last year's dogs breakfast as a yardstick i can see where he's coming from. Go Payno!!
Who knows, if the amount of injuries sustained by other teams this season continue, by the end of the season if we're still intact we may well have some combinations starting to blossom and do a Bradbury. We have been so fortunate on the injury front this season so there is that positive.

Take away the 24 scrubbing of the dogs and those scores are a lot closer. Cherry-picking if I’ve ever seen it.
We have played 2 teams that are Top 4 quality though.

This team has losing down pat now. It’s been years of the same crap that it just comes to them automatically. It’s going to be very hard for some of these players to un-train these habits.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.