Perese Gone

Under controlled medical supervision as with any other medicine, sure. But un-regulated, self-administered ‘therapy’?

Not for mine.
I assume you think the same about alcohol, which is a far more dangerous substance. Should that also be taken under controlled medical supervision?

Under controlled medical supervision as with any other medicine, sure. But un-regulated, self-administered ‘therapy’?

Not for mine.

Could you imagine the chaos and deaths caused by an unregulated alcohol industry. This is the case with marijuana, except it's no where NEAR as deadly. In fact there are no deaths directly attributed to it, and no other drug could claim such a safety record in an such an unregulated industry.

Recreational is absolutely a viable choice and not an impedement to a successful life. Most anti-recreational people will not even be able to identify most of the tokers in their life.

We're enforcing a rather unjust law, and creating "criminal" income where it should be jobs and taxes. Regulation means safety. The demand will never go away, so I'd rather not make criminals or misdemenours over reasonable behavior.

Last edited:

Not for mine.
CBD will be legalized and commercialized for medical use soon here, you get bet your house on that. However its a slightly different story, no THC so no high and also from leaves not buds so plants can be control cultivated.

I assume you think the same about alcohol, which is a far more dangerous substance. Should that also be taken under controlled medical supervision?

If it’s advocates were touting it as a cure-all and prescribing it for a very large range of medical conditions, absolutely.

But that is not why alcohol is consumed.
[automerge]1582013142[/automerge]
CBD will be legalized and commercialized for medical use soon here, you get bet your house on that. However its a slightly different story, no THC so no high and also from leaves not buds so plants can be control cultivated.

It already is and the medical benefits mostly come from the CBD Cannabinoid, not from the THC, which has been shown repeatedly to have few benefits and many disadvantages.

Unfortunately for it’s advocates, the THC Cannabinoid is the ‘fun stuff’...

Last edited:
If it’s advocates were touting it as a cure-all and prescribing it for a very large range of medical conditions, absolutely.

It already is and the medical benefits mostly come from the CBD Cannabinoid, not from the THC, which has been shown repeatedly to have few benefits and many disadvantages.

I'm one of the advocates for complete decriminalisation of cannabis and totally understand it doesn't cure everything. It does however without a single doubt have less drawbacks and more benefits than alcohol.

Of course, it should still definitely be controlled in the same way alcohol is controlled, both in the workplace and on the roads, where people can be impacted by someone under the influence.

Wonder if any of this had to do with giving that union money up for a minimum wage NRL contract?

Maybe this side business was a way for him to close the wage gap whilst he tried to make his way in league. Either way such a waste I thought he might become a semi regular first grader this season.

Exactly, I cannot for the life of me find a convincing reason why we cannot use cannabis in the same way as alcohol. I'm aware of psycosis risks that might trigger a precipitating event for vulnerable people, driving risks and all those factors, and all the risks still pale in comparison to alcohols short/long term risks.

Considering 30% of Australians, and just about every former president has tried cannabis, it's clear there is a demand that is not going away. It's the governments responsibility to meet that demand in responsible way instead of locking people in cages for it.

The safety record for such a popular unregulated drug still is better than regulated legal drugs/alcohol. That is really the crux of the argument, make it SAFER and benefit the economy at the same time.

Last edited:
Exactly, I cannot for the life of me find a convincing reason why we cannot use cannabis in the same way as alcohol. I'm aware of psycosis risks that might trigger a precipitating event for vulnerable people, driving risks and all those factors, and all the risks still pale in comparison to alcohols short/long term risks

The reason is the because of the way THC binds to the receptors in the brain. Biochemically its unreliable and can have ok effects on some people - yet completely psychoactive on others. Its near impossible to predict or reliably know how it will affect some people. CBD on the other hand when it binds simply slows down receptors - similar to a hybrid opiod/benzo and has a very short half life. Thats the short summarized version.

The reason is the because of the way THC binds to the receptors in the brain. Biochemically its unreliable and can have ok effects on some people - yet completely psychoactive on others. Its near impossible to predict or reliably know how it will affect some people. CBD on the other hand when it binds simply slows down receptors - similar to a hybrid opiod/benzo and has a very short half life. Thats the short summarized version.

The safety record for such a popular unregulated drug still is better than regulated legal drugs/alcohol. That is really the crux of the argument, make it SAFER and benefit the economy at the same time.

At risk people will still try cannabis, legalized or not. Labelling might at least give people a heads up how strong their weed is.

If we can find ways to minimize the amount of people we lock up, then that's what we as a compassionate society should attempt to do and the demand for cannabis is not going to go away, ever. Especially now that it's legal in Canada, some U.S states and potentially New Zealand.

Last edited:

CBD is OTC in the UK, and ubiquitous. A bit like Guarana in the 90's. It's wildy unregulated and inconsistent, but moderately effective as a anxiolytic and mild relaxant. It's more effective with even a trace amount of THC, but that's still illegal. Oddly, Cannabis seeds are legal to sell, but not grow, so you will see Seed Banks on the high street.

Here's a pic I took in downtown Glasgow that's a sign of the times.

IMG 8862a

Last edited:
Exactly, I cannot for the life of me find a convincing reason why we cannot use cannabis in the same way as alcohol.
I think it can compare favourably with alcohol in many circumstances but it does affect different people differently, and to put it bluntly - pardon the pun - does make you stupid, especially if you're young and studying. It would be wrong to blanket paint it as completely harmless, or even beneficial. And this is from someone who thinks it should be legal and regulated.

Last edited:
I think some people actually just see marijuana can be used medicinally for pain relief and then get confused between the medicinal variant and the recreational variant. Two very different products.

Anyway, Perese is a fool and probably deserves a kick in the balls for his stupidity. Beyond that, i dont know what we should do with him long term until we see what he has actually done.

You know what, all this debate & speculation is fine, but if Perese is found guilty, he will be swapping his jersey for prison greens.

You know what, all this debate & speculation is fine, but if Perese is found guilty, he will be swapping his jersey for prison greens.

I’d send him back to union if I’m the judge at his trial.

Having to go back to Rugby Union in the current predicament RA is in would be a worse punishment than being locked in a cell.

I think some people actually just see marijuana can be used medicinally for pain relief and then get confused between the medicinal variant and the recreational variant. Two very different products.
They're exactly the same, though those seeking medical benefit with less of a narcotic high should seek hybridized strains that are CBD heavy. They will still contain THC and still affect you mentally.

CBD isolate is not "medical marijuana." It's a very different product, with no discernable narcotic effect. It should be legalized in Australia without undue debate. The biggest question over it is value for money compared to other treatments.

Last edited:
They're exactly the same, though those seeking medical benefit with less of a narcotic high should seek hybridized strains that are CBD heavy. They will still contain THC and still affect you mentally.

CBD isolate is not "medical marijuana." It's a very different product, with no discernable narcotic effect. It should be legalized in Australia without undue debate. The biggest question over it is value for money compared to other treatments.

They arent exactly the same. Medical marijuana has a much, much lower level of THC so basically, you dont get high from it. You are correct though, the medical strains are higher in CBD. My brother who had a brain tumour did a clinical trial with Sativex and had great results with it. It didnt save his life, but we believe it did extend it. He was given six months to live when he started his trial and ended up living another 6 years.

Anyway, this is supposed to be about Perese not about whether a drug should be legalised or not so i'll leave it there.

They arent exactly the same. Medical marijuana has a much, much lower level of THC so basically, you dont get high from it.

I wouldn't say you don't get high from it....but it's a different high, compared to your normal cone or joint high. For those that remember what hash was like....I would equate it to something near there. A body stone....

I also thought MM was like 2% THC....which I thought was quite high in the context of it vs buds?

I have a friend who has tinitis and is prescribed MM (medicinal marijuana). I stumble into his overflow of stock sometimes....and IMO, it works.

Active Now

• MasterWright
  • Santa
  • westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ozired
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Spooky1013
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.