Perese Gone

Nobody is defending him eh. Just saying he isn’t an anomaly in this day and age.

I disagree, I think he is an anomaly.

What percentage of people between the ages of 18-23 in Australia are you proposing have been charged with multiple serious drug offences, including trafficking?

I don't have the figures, but would love to know what your estimate is. My guess would be less than 0.1%

Nobody is defending him eh. Just saying he isn’t an anomaly in this day and age.

I think its an anomaly. I know plenty of people who dabble in drugs, i dont think they go and do what Perese has been alleged to have done. I think you are going to find out its not just a bit of marijuana he has been playing with. If he has got his hands on some serious controlled drugs with the intent to supply he is going to find himself in some big trouble.

Don't look now folks, Perese is a Broncos "star", lol

Plenty in the world in general. Life without grey areas must be so easy; I’m jealous.

I don’t need to take and supply dangerous and illegal drugs to have grey areas. Drug users aren’t the only people’s lives that hard, although I know most like to think that.

So he's been accused of possessing, supplying and trafficking "dangerous substances" as well as illegally obtained controlled substances, and people in this thread are really trying to defend him??
Yep. You don't even know the drug/drugs in question yet are passing judgment. As already said, even cannabis is classed as a "dangerous substance" despite it being on the path to being universally monetized. Here, for example, is a guide to investing with some so-called drug traffickers:

[automerge]1581937854[/automerge]
I think its an anomaly. I know plenty of people who dabble in drugs, i dont think they go and do what Perese has been alleged to have done. I think you are going to find out its not just a bit of marijuana he has been playing with. If he has got his hands on some serious controlled drugs with the intent to supply he is going to find himself in some big trouble.
Ibuprofen and Codeine is an example of a controlled drug in Australia.

Last edited:
Yep. You don't even know the drug/drugs in question yet are passing judgment. As already said, even cannabis is classed as a "dangerous substance" despite it being on the path to being universally monetized. Here, for example, is a guide to investing with some so-called drug traffickers:

I'm not passing judgement, that's what the judicial system is for.

If he's found guilty, I do hope he serves time though, that appears to be the only way to get the message across to these kids. Even after seeing their peers drop like flies around them for breaking laws, they don't pull their heads in. Maybe 12 months at Wacol will set em' straight.

I'm not passing judgement, that's what the judicial system is for.

If he's found guilty, I do hope he serves time though, that appears to be the only way to get the message across to these kids. Even after seeing their peers drop like flies around them for breaking laws, they don't pull their heads in. Maybe 12 months at Wacol will set em' straight.

Thing is, he isnt really a kid. He is 22 years old.

Supplying a dangerous drug can mean something as innocent as shouting your mate, it's not necessarily dealing. Trafficking though, that is pretty serious I think. Can any of the coppers on the forum confirm you need to have gone through a fair bit for a trafficking charge?

As far as I know he hasn’t been charged with Trafficking dangerous drugs, only receiving property obtained from Trafficking, ie: someone else has swapped ‘property’ (which could be cash, guns, tv’s you name it) for drugs and he is charged with knowingly receiving that property, knowing it came in exchange from drugs.

Trafficking dangerous drugs is the most serious drug offence there is in Qld. It requires that a person be ‘carrying on the business’ of supplying dangerous drugs. For police to substantiate such a charge, evidence will be led of ‘business like activities’ (marketing a product, negotiating prices, arranging transportation / delivery / storage etc) in relation to the supply of a dangerous drug / drugs.

Usually such a brief contains evidence of such activites (phone calls, messages, witness statements / suspect interviews) linked to the supply of drugs, plus evidence of the actual supply of said drugs (surveillance footage, phone intercepts, messages, recorded admissions, covert purchases of drugs and so on).

Whilst I will admit there have been innumerable times people have been charged with Trafficking and subsequently not convicted of it, it’s not a charge preferred lightly because there is so much that needs to be proved.

Shouting a couple of mates here and there will never amount to trafficking, nor will the purchase of an 8 ball and splitting half to cover the costs type scenario, usually.

But nonetheless it sounds like he has been a silly young man.
[automerge]1581943717[/automerge]
Really? You know growing a single dope plant is enough to be classed as trafficking in QLD. Yet in Canberra it's legal. Spare us the moralising.

No it isn’t. Stop making shit up.

Last edited:

[automerge]1581937854[/automerge]

Ibuprofen and Codeine is an example of a controlled drug in Australia.

Codeine is a restricted drug, not a controlled drug. Ibuprofen is neither as far as I am aware. I am happy to be shown incorrect on this point.

Last edited:
So if you’re heading down to Nimbin to grab an ounce for yourself and you let your mate know by text and he asks you to pick up another one for him, you go down and head back with two ounces and get pulled over on the way home, do you get done for supply/trafficking? I’ve always wondered this. I don’t do it anymore as it’s too bloody far away, but it used to be on the regular.

That is a supply dangerous drug offence, yes. You don’t even have to deliver said drug, the mere fact you have offered to supply the drug is enough to constitute the Supply Dangerous Drug offence.

Doing that once, probably wouldn’t see you charged with trafficking. Doing it every week for 6 months, well then you might be in a bit more trouble...

The term 'dangerous drug' used in our laws and legislation is misleading. It is pure hyperbolic propaganda to get mum and dad feeling safe.

It's easier to side with the police for stopping supplies of 'dangerous drugs' and not 'illicit plant life'.

Seeing some old hippy being handcuffed away with a few plants in the photo for supplying a 'dangerous drug' makes me read these charges so much more cynically.

I am not passing judgement on the legal arguments because I’ve probably done similar or worse in the past but I wasn’t being paid a couple of grand a week at the time so **** him. All he needed to do is fix his defence and he would have been paid more than our Prime Minister. Dumb ****. End of story.

Last edited:
Codeine is a restricted drug, not a controlled drug. Ibuprofen is neither as far as I am aware. I am happy to be shown incorrect on this point.
As a Class A opioid pure Codeine is classed as a "dangerous drug."

Previously OTC Ibuprofen/Paracetamol & Codeine (<30mg codeine) is now prescription only, which I understood meant it's a "controlled substance." I wasn't aware there was a difference between the terms "restricted" and "controlled." Is there?

Last edited:
As a Class A opioid pure Codeine is classed as a "dangerous drug."

Gawd, now you’ve made me go look up the DMA Regulations and Schedules... 😭

Edit: ‘other than where it is compounded with 1 or more other medicaments in such a way that it can not be readily extracted and where it is contained—
(a) in divided preparations containing 30mg or less of codeine per dosage unit; or
(b) in undivided preparations containing 1% or less of codeine.’

So in plain english, it isn’t a dangerous drug when you buy it in a preparation at a pharmacy, but it is, if you don’t...

Previously OTC Ibuprofen/Paracetamol & Codeine (<30mg codeine) is now prescription only, which I understood meant it's a "controlled substance." I wasn't aware there was a difference between the terms "restricted" and "controlled." Is there?

A controlled substance, is a listed substance under the DMA that are typically used in combination to cook drugs (red phosphorous, iodine and pseudoephidrine and the like). None of the three drugs listed are Controlled Substances.

Yep. Restricted and Controlled drugs are different, under the Health (Drug and Poisons) Regulation 1996.

Different types of drugs and different offences. Codeine is prescription only now, the others are not. There are no limits to the amount of paracetamol / ibuprofen you can lawfully acquire that I am aware of.

Last edited:
So if you’re heading down to Nimbin to grab an ounce for yourself and you let your mate know by text and he asks you to pick up another one for him, you go down and head back with two ounces and get pulled over on the way home, do you get done for supply/trafficking? I’ve always wondered this. I don’t do it anymore as it’s too bloody far away, but it used to be on the regular.
A single hydroponic plant could produce a pound of bud, which would put you squarely in the dangerous drug trafficking camp. You're allowed to grow two of them in the ACT.

The term 'dangerous drug' used in our laws and legislation is misleading. It is pure hyperbolic propaganda to get mum and dad feeling safe.

It's easier to side with the police for stopping supplies of 'dangerous drugs' and not 'illicit plant life'.

Seeing some old hippy being handcuffed away with a few plants in the photo for supplying a 'dangerous drug' makes me read these charges so much more cynically.

No it’s not. It’s based on the medical evidence provided to the legislators. No-one denies that every drug has side-effects, but the medical evidence is overwhelming that the side effects of some misused drugs Is dangerous, for others it is less so.

There are schedules and schedules of different drug types in legislation, which is why I was whinging to McHunt just before, because those schedules change every time a new isotope or salt-derivative or some synthesised variant of an existing drug is created, so it’s impossible for anyone to be current on them all the time.

A mate of mine used to chair the Chemical Diversion Desk in the State Drug Squad (who you ring if you can’t figure out if a substance is illegal or not) and even he didn’t know ‘every’ drug in all the schedules. There are too many of them.

So they are classified into Dangerous Drugs, Restricted Drugs, Controlled Drugs, Controlled Substances and just plain old ‘Drugs’ at law, based on the medical advice on their specific effects and applications.

Gawd, now you’ve made me go look up, the DMA Regulations and Schedules... 😂
Yep. Restricted and Controlled drugs are different, under the Health (Drug and Poisons) Regulation 1996.
Yes. Looks like Schedule IV drugs are classed as "restricted" rather than "controlled." Other jurisdictions (such as the UK) class Schedule IV as a "controlled substance." How that semantic distinction translates into a grade of possession charge, you might have a better idea.

So given that he's been charged with a "controlled substance" it's likely to be schedule 8, which are the ones most commonly "abused," ie recreational drugs like cannabis and cocaine, but also the gamut of painkillers like codeine, oxy, hydocodone and antidepressants like Xanax.

I would be inclined to hold back on calling him a child murderer until we find out exactly what drug it is.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Skathen
  • Manofoneway
  • johnny plath
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • kiwibronco
  • Kev_Guz
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.