Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Petro is retiring

Goodbye Petro. Thanks for the memories.

Such a great player and a true gentleman.

Story on Broncos site

PETERO Civoniceva has ensured he will receive a blockbuster farewell to the NRL after announcing his intention to retire at the end of the season.

The most-capped forward in Australian Test rugby league history has decided 2012 will be his final season as a player.

One of my all time favourite players.

Such a champion bloke both on and off the field.

Gonna miss the big fella. :bigcry:

I think Petro deserves the same send off that Webcke received. Make it happens boys.

One of my all time favourites.

He done it the hard way too, working his way slowly up though the grades to become one of the best.

I think he'll be one of those players that we don't realise just how good he really was until he retires.

Without a doubt the nicest bloke off the field as well.

I hope he can squeeze a swansong year back where it all started at the Mighty Dolphins

Gotta love Petero. Even when he wasn't at the Broncos, he was loved by Broncos fans. When he first returned with the Panthers to Suncorp Stadium, when his name was announced, he got a massive cheer. I'm so happy that he gets to end in his career in Maroon and Gold.

Goodnight Sweet Prince.

I've got a cool story to tell about Petero.

Back in 2010, I had to do a character profile on someone for a journalism assignment at uni. I decided to aim high and try for Petero! It was a long shot, but I thought it was worth a go.

I actually tried the same thing the year before, but alas the Penrith Panthers' media manager wasn't giving me anything. So, this time around I asked a BHQ member with strong ties to Petero's old club if he could help (not hard to figure out who, :wink: hope he's cool with me telling this story). Through some magic on this person's behalf, I was able to communicate with Petero, albeit through a third party. The big man was happy to help out, but I needed to go through the Panthers' media manager so it was all legit and everything.

Long story short, I didn't get to interview Petero. He was meant to ring me, but it never happened - I blame the media manager. Anyway, a few months later something happened which I'll never forget.

I was just chilling at home, when out of the blue I had a phone call from a private number. The person on the other end claimed to be Petero! I thought it was one of my mates taking the piss (as you do), but I soon realised it really was Petero. :rockon:

He apologised for not calling me sooner, and asked if he could still help out. Obviously I had already submitted my assignment and shiz, so it was too late to organise an interview and all.

It might seem like a pretty silly story, but to me, it just sums up how classy a bloke Petero is. For starters, he could've told me to bugger off right at the start when I got in touch via the third party, but he didn't. Then, he took the time out to personally ring me and apologise for the delay in getting in contact. I have lots of respect for the man. :respect:

A true legend.

I'm so glad he got to spend his final season back home.:cool:

I've got a cool story to tell about Petero.

Back in 2010, I had to do a character profile on someone for a journalism assignment at uni. I decided to aim high and try for Petero! It was a long shot, but I thought it was worth a go.

I actually tried the same thing the year before, but alas the Penrith Panthers' media manager wasn't giving me anything. So, this time around I asked a BHQ member with strong ties to Petero's old club if he could help (not hard to figure out who, :wink: hope he's cool with me telling this story). Through some magic on this person's behalf, I was able to communicate with Petero, albeit through a third party. The big man was happy to help out, but I needed to go through the Panthers' media manager so it was all legit and everything.

Long story short, I didn't get to interview Petero. He was meant to ring me, but it never happened - I blame the media manager. Anyway, a few months later something happened which I'll never forget.

I was just chilling at home, when out of the blue I had a phone call from a private number. The person on the other end claimed to be Petero! I thought it was one of my mates taking the piss (as you do), but I soon realised it really was Petero. :rockon:

He apologised for not calling me sooner, and asked if he could still help out. Obviously I had already submitted my assignment and shiz, so it was too late to organise an interview and all.

It might seem like a pretty silly story, but to me, it just sums up how classy a bloke Petero is. For starters, he could've told me to bugger off right at the start when I got in touch via the third party, but he didn't. Then, he took the time out to personally ring me and apologise for the delay in getting in contact. I have lots of respect for the man. :respect:

thats so awesome!

Surely now he'll reconsider Origin selection and go out a winner.

What a legend. Still going strong at 36!

I named my dog after Petero. I know that sounds trivial, but of all the footy players around 6 years ago (Locky, Webby, JT, Hodgo etc), there was only one worthy of such a mantle in our family....and that was Petero Civoniceva. Even after all the drama around his move to Penrith I never regretted the decision.*

A true gentleman, statesman, and a bloody good player.

*yes I was being slightly tongue in cheek but bloody hell I love Petero!

The last member of the magnificent 1998 premiership team.

The most respected person in Rugby League bar none. Even Locky doesn't get this kind of respect from south of the border. :respect:

Beads said, I liked it, and I want it. Give Petero the send off he deserves!
I guess Origin and Premiership have a nice ring to it, so Qld, Broncos... Just do it!

Active Now

• Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Astro
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Lozza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.