NEWS Phil Gould goes one-on-one with the Broncos CEO, Paul White

Surely the bloke with the failed 7 year 5 year plan isn’t the person to be doing this interview

Last edited:
And what was the story with Erin Molan and Joey pill popper?

I'll definitely watch that.

Gould is a good guy, he may be an annoying **** but he's a good human being, he absolutely knows his rugby league and for a very long time he's had a healthy respect for the Broncos while being unafraid to have an opinion. That is the kind of opinion I can respect, not a raging fool who drones on for years disagreeing with everything only because he personally dislikes someone.

Sure he goes on nonsensical repetitive rants but he's one of the few league identities I can actually respect. He doesn't seem to hold any strong agendas except against the NRL itself which to be fair, good on him because the NRL administration from top down are a dumpster fire.

I may be wrong in my assessment of him too but I feel like this Gould is a biased **** thing is a bit over stated perhaps because he was like that in his earlier days but people change you know!

I hope he tells him about our need to get rid of the players holding us back.
About the need to get an updated, instead of an outdated, retention recruitment program.
About the need to have a responsible succession plan in place for the future
And above all the need to meet the everyday fan expectations is just as important as looking after the corporates, sponsors and share holders.

I'll definitely watch that.

Gould is a good guy, he may be an annoying **** but he's a good human being, he absolutely knows his rugby league and for a very long time he's had a healthy respect for the Broncos while being unafraid to have an opinion. That is the kind of opinion I can respect, not a raging fool who drones on for years disagreeing with everything only because he personally dislikes someone.

Sure he goes on nonsensical repetitive rants but he's one of the few league identities I can actually respect. He doesn't seem to hold any strong agendas except against the NRL itself which to be fair, good on him because the NRL administration from top down are a dumpster fire.

I may be wrong in my assessment of him too but I feel like this Gould is a biased **** thing is a bit over stated perhaps because he was like that in his earlier days but people change you know!
I do like Gould too, he is quite the caricature though. I remember a finals game a few years back possibly 2016 broncos vs Titans where him and Sterling spent the entirety of the game being completely outraged that calls were correctly going our way, including a penalty try. I lost alot of respect for him that night, and his agenda was obvious for anyone to see. I think he even managed to get the ref fired. I've never seen anything like it before or since, just complete and utter bewilderment at the refs making correct calls. It stuck with me.

I've sat directly behind him during a Broncos v Rorters game (during the ANZ days when the coaches sat in the stand with a little TV in front of them).

Talking to his assistants next to him and on the two-way it was obvious he has nothing but contempt for Queenslanders and especially the Broncos. I know where Gallen got the 'two-heads' saying from too.

If I was inviting 100 prominent member's of our game to a BBQ - he wouldn't even make my short list. The only thing I can begrudgingly credit him with is his unshakable loyalty to all things NSW.

Anyway we ended up thrashing them 46 -18 and as the score climbed Gould's expletives and the amount of vile nasty shit he was ranting compelled me sing 'I feel like chicken tonight'. I was that close to him I could see his neck and shoulders tense up. I havn't forgot that day or the things he called us. Got zero respect or time for the guy.

I've sat directly behind him during a Broncos v Rorters game (during the ANZ days when the coaches sat in the stand with a little TV in front of them).

Talking to his assistants next to him and on the two-way it was obvious he has nothing but contempt for Queenslanders and especially the Broncos. I know where Gallen got the 'two-heads' saying from too.

If I was inviting 100 prominent member's of our game to a BBQ - he wouldn't even make my short list. The only thing I can begrudgingly credit him with is his unshakable loyalty to all things NSW.

Anyway we ended up thrashing them 46 -18 and as the score climbed Gould's expletives and the amount of vile nasty shit he was ranting compelled me sing 'I feel like chicken tonight'. I was that close to him I could see his neck and shoulders tense up. I havn't forgot that day or the things he called us. Got zero respect or time for the guy.

...surely heat of the moment stuff..??....i too visited ANZ stadium quite a few times; these coaches are paid to perform, and trips to ANZ back then were a certain defeat mostly...

If Gould thought being a prick and sending expletives down a 2-way was the way to win then so be it...

...surely heat of the moment stuff..??....i too visited ANZ stadium quite a few times; these coaches are paid to perform, and trips to ANZ back then were a certain defeat mostly...

If Gould thought being a prick and sending expletives down a 2-way was the way to win then so be it...
When he first came into the stand it wasn't though.

Hope Gould asks him 3 things:
1. is there a clause in siebold’s contract that says he only gets 12 mths pay if he is sacked regardless of when that happens?
2. What is the performance benchmark siebold needs to meet next season ie top 8, top 4, finals wk 2 etc.
3. Is there a clause in Boyd’s contract that says he has to play a minimum no. of games to trigger an extension for 2021?
Doubt white will be able to give a straight answer to any of these.

Gould hates us because he wants to be us so badly

(This rang much truer about a decade ago)

Hope Gould asks him 3 things:
1. is there a clause in siebold’s contract that says he only gets 12 mths pay if he is sacked regardless of when that happens?
2. What is the performance benchmark siebold needs to meet next season ie top 8, top 4, finals wk 2 etc.
3. Is there a clause in Boyd’s contract that says he has to play a minimum no. of games to trigger an extension for 2021?
Doubt white will be able to give a straight answer to any of these.

that's because professional organisations don't talk about the contracts they have their employee's ... i realise that professionalism doesn't usually come up with anything to do with the NRL, but we are the exception, not the rule.

I'm sure if asked he will details the clubs expectations for 2020

p.s. will you spell our coach's name right

Last edited:
Pretty telling that during Grand Final week, the Broncos are the national feature story on the host broadcaster, not to mention that the past weeks press was dominated by us too.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.