NEWS Phil Gould goes one-on-one with the Broncos CEO, Paul White

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
What better way to placate angry fans who are calling for people's heads. Announce you are giving yourself an extension and likely payrise before anything else of note has even been done. 😂😂😂

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Nice, I had no idea they actually published his salary. 600k base salary is very fair given how important the position is. I would have guessed about 800k so 600k base + bonuses sounds pretty fair given he's managing the most valuable sports club in the country.

I think since we are a public company on the ASX, the law says we have to publish the salaries of our key management personnel and directors etc.

BTW, Locky is on about 30k as a director (2018) :P

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Nice, I had no idea they actually published his salary. 600k base salary is very fair given how important the position is. I would have guessed about 800k so 600k base + bonuses sounds pretty fair given he's managing the most valuable sports club in the country.

just stick to the business side whitey and cash them cheque’s

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I think since we are a public company on the ASX, the law says we have to publish the salaries of our key management personnel and directors etc.

BTW, Locky is on about 30k as a director (2018) :P
Poor Locky getting ripped off, he should take an NRL contract since we're looking for a half anyway.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
The 600k salary actually sounds reasonable but after the season we've had I don't see how he should get a bonus.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Poor Locky getting ripped off, he should take an NRL contract since we're looking for a half anyway.

You do realise directors do **** all in terms of running the club. They turn up to 12 board meetings a year and that’s about it

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
You do realise directors do **** all in terms of running the club. They turn up to 12 board meetings a year and that’s about it

you’d wonder why Locky would bother getting paid at all. $2.5k a board meeting. That’d be like loose change

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
you’d wonder why Locky would bother getting paid at all. $2.5k a board meeting. That’d be like loose change

Don’t forget the perks of being a director either
They add up significantly too

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

he hasn't played in 8 years and would still be better than Turpin/Boyd in the halves

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The 600k salary actually sounds reasonable but after the season we've had I don't see how he should get a bonus.

His KPI's would be around the clubs financial affairs not on field performance

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

As a part time board member he is required to attend about 10 meetings a year. Not bad pay for 10 days work a year...

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Gould looked spaced out when discussing the Roosters for the Grand Final at one point like he totally didn't want to be there.

Last edited:
Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
A whole lot of nothing. Refused to adequately answer anything specific about HOW we are going to improve.

Lockyer said more than White did. The club is interested in Ash Taylor but only on a bargain basement contract. Croft is a possible option (as if we didn’t already know) Milford probably won’t be fullback next year. Lockyer confirmed there are specifics in Seibold’s contract with respect to ‘improvements’ that the board is looking for, in 2020. No mention of what happens if we go even worse though...

Gus opined we have fallen behind most of the top teams with respect to technical parts of the game, defence and attack primarily. Thanks Super-Coach!

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Well since he sacked benett in my book that automatically gives him a kpi relating to on field performance and this year he didn’t meet it.

he didn't sack Bennett the board sacked Bennett

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well since he sacked benett in my book that automatically gives him a kpi relating to on field performance and this year he didn’t meet it.

What are you talking about? He got more points for the opposition in our only finals game compared to last season, surely that's an improvement?(didn't state who it had to be for necessarily)

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
A whole lot of nothing. Refused to adequately answer anything specific about HOW we are going to improve.

Lockyer said more than White did. The club is interested in Ash Taylor but only on a bargain basement contract. Croft is a possible option (as if we didn’t already know) Milford probably won’t be fullback next year. Lockyer confirmed there are specifics in Seibold’s contract with respect to ‘improvements’ that the board is looking for, in 2020. No mention of what happens if we go even worse though...

Gus opined we have fallen behind most of the top teams with respect to technical parts of the game, defence and attack primarily. Thanks Super-Coach!

Paix was also mentioned as a possibility for the side(not being a huge shock mind you).

Last edited:
The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
he didn't sack Bennett the board sacked Bennett

Yeah on the face of it but no one will ever convince me he wasn’t one of the main drivers behind the scenes.

Unread

Active Now

• something
  • Brocko
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.