Pick Your Captain

Who do you want to captain the Broncos in 2015?

• Corey Parker

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Justin Hodges

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Sam Thaiday

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Bring back the Co-Captains!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According to the lurker (for what it's worth) Hodges is the front runner for captain and thaiday isn't a chance.

Hodges is the logical choice. He has the passion and fires them up when we are playing shit. His ref talking abilities leave a bit to be desired but he leads by example on the field. Maybe Bennett can put Parker in charge of dealing with the refs on the field only :laugh:

HaHa
As if WB would tell the Lurker what he is thinking. Educated guess by the Lurker

I hope it isn't Hodges as he often stymies a games progress . If he were captain he'd be certain he has to take on more responsibility! How much more influence would he have on a games outcome then. For me it has to be Nosey and I suppose as second choice it would be the average McCullough.

I'd rather a captain who tries to lead by getting involved. Obviously not always a success but it beats having a captain who makes few runs per game and goes missing a lot (obviously referring to Thaiday rather than Parker)

Half bhq wants macca dropped and the other half want him to captain.

To me Corey Parker stands out as the closest thing to a strong leader but I'd also be happy with Hodges.

Hodges is the logical choice. He has the passion and fires them up when we are playing shit. His ref talking abilities leave a bit to be desired but he leads by example on the field. Maybe Bennett can put Parker in charge of dealing with the refs on the field only :laugh:

His ref talking abilities leave a bit to be desired? Feast your eyes upon the brilliance of our future captain.

Hodgo's better than Cam Smith when it comes to sweet talking the refs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Broncos 2009 - 2010 under Lockyer as captain were worse in every aspect that you describe than the years after that.

A good captain is not necessarily the best player, which Macca isn't. But he does have plenty of experience, and although his biggest issue is consistency,
at his best he is certainly good enough to be our hooker.
With some players, responsibility can cause them to shrivel (Thaiday) or take them to the next level. Besides that, I think he has the qualities to be a good leader.

Good points, Port. I think the main difference with Lockyer though is that his individual performances, with very rare exceptions, were of a high standard during those years you mentioned. He was remarkably consistent in teams that were struggling as well as being hampered with injury as he was in 2010.

As I said with a few exceptions, Locky's best games were a 9 and his worst, in my opinion, were about a 7. That's consistency and it should be the bare minimum for a captain - namely having your own game in order. Again, imo, Macca's best games have been a 9 and his worst have been about a 3-4. Just my opinion but far too inconsistent to be captaincy material.

Good points, Port. I think the main difference with Lockyer though is that his individual performances, with very rare exceptions, were of a high standard during those years you mentioned. He was remarkably consistent in teams that were struggling as well as being hampered with injury as he was in 2010.

As I said with a few exceptions, Locky's best games were a 9 and his worst, in my opinion, were about a 7. That's consistency and it should be the bare minimum for a captain - namely having your own game in order. Again, imo, Macca's best games have been a 9 and his worst have been about a 3-4. Just my opinion but far too inconsistent to be captaincy material.

That's the beauty of Locky as a player. There wasn't much between his best and his worst. In comparison there have been many players in the past, presently and there will be players in the future, who have a very large difference between their worst and their best.

With those sort of players, you never know what your going to get. It can be "rocks" one minute, "diamonds" the next and then back to "rocks" again. With Locky, you knew what you were getting, and to be able to do that for well over the 400+ games that he played in his career (combined) is nothing short of spectacular.

He deserves to be an immortal. Truly a legend. One of a kind.

Also, I disagree that Lockyers best was a 9. He's best was an 11. :takdir:

Half bhq wants macca dropped and the other half want him to captain.

To me Corey Parker stands out as the closest thing to a strong leader but I'd also be happy with Hodges.

I'd go with Parker until he retires. Neither he or Hodges are a long term option ...but, I think that's what we have to wear until we see if Ben Hunt's star continues to rise.

To me, Hunt could be the next long term captain.

Naming A.Mc would be a joke. He'll be lucky to still be in the squad come 2016.

Naming A.Mc would be a joke. He'll be lucky to still be in the squad come 2016.

abr.gif

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Johnny92
  • kiwibronco
  • dirtyharry
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • mitch222
  • Mighty Bronx
  • bert_lifts
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • ostin86
  • Big Del
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.