Pick your Marquee Player

So my question is, if you could bring one player in the NRL to Red Hill, who would it be ?

I'll take Greg Inglis......

Had to wrestle that decison a bit between DCE and Cam Smith.

Inglis for mine can win football games without any help required from his team mates. Cam Smith as great as he is, still needs someone else to put the ball down over the line.

I'll take Greg Inglis......

Had to wrestle that decison a bit between DCE and Cam Smith.

Inglis for mine can win football games without any help required from his team mates. Cam Smith as great as he is, still needs someone else to put the ball down over the line.

Yeah it's a seriously hard decision, I would give my best mates left nut to have both DCE and Inglis at the club.

Prerequisite: good coach

Right now: Smith
For future: DCE

Last edited:
Smith without a doubt!

To put things into perspective...
Storm with Smith: 77% win rating
Storm without Smith: 40% win rating

Thurston.

He is the reason the Cowboys went from whipping boys to consistent performers.

consistently inconsistent?

Let me re-phrase.

From a joke team of sloweys to grand finalists to at least a team everyone asks: "How have they not been in the Top 4 or made the grand final since 2005?"

1. Smith (Kingston is off contract)
2. Any fullback really doesn't have to be marquee just good.
3. A better half to replace prince once he retires eg dce.
that's the order of urgency. The broncos are a rudderless ship on field with no real leader (don't know why prince isn't given this role). Norman obviously needs to be replaced but in the mean time there is Hodges Hoffman and kahu. Halves are both decent (read better than Reynolds and Keating) so this is much less an issue than the other two.

If we signed Smith who is 30, then we had better have also chosen his successor from the ranks or elsewhere as well 'cos I can't see more than another 2 seasons in him after this one, in which case without planning for a replacement, we end up as we did with the Lockyer debacle: a rudderless ship as others have called it.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.