Pick your Marquee Player

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
So been daydreaming abit about what it would be like if we actually signed a player.
A marquee player, one to not only boost our performances on the field but also to attract other players to our club, bring in some passion and self-belief.
Remember the days when players wanted to play for us, purely because we were the mighty Broncos and they wanted to be a part of our culture.

So my question is, if you could bring one player in the NRL to Red Hill, who would it be ?

Buzz Killington

NYC Player
Jul 6, 2013
Threads
DCE by a long way. He is not the best available but with the age he is and the array of skills he has he could become an all-time great.

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Threads
are you considering current contracts when listing a choice? if its an immediate signing, then C Smith or Inglis. absolutely no doubt.

probably smith as we need some direction above anything else right now.

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
are you considering current contracts when listing a choice? if its an immediate signing, then C Smith or Inglis. absolutely no doubt.

probably smith as we need some direction above anything else right now.

Yeah an immediate signing.

I agree with most about DCE, but it would be very hard to resist the opportunity to have Smith or Inglis in the team.
Then for the pure excitement factor SJ is definitely up there with them

LittleDavey

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2013
Threads
I'll vote DCE too - he's already pushing Manly around the paddock. He will be one of the greats, bar injury. Wouldn't be surprised to see him push Cronk back to the bench for QLD in years to come.

DCE / Thurston :thumbup1:

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
DCE comes a distant second. Inglis can do it on his own, DCE can't

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
DCE purely because he's someone you can build a team around for the next decade or so.
A risky one would be Milford, I don't see him as a half, but I reckon he'll end up one of the best fullbacks in the game

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
I'd even go so far as to say Inglis should replace Slater, and, any half decent coach will get any half decent set of ball players to make sure Inglis is given every opportunity.

I'd take DCE in a heartbeat unless I had the choice

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
I'd even go so far as to say Inglis should replace Slater, and, any half decent coach will get any half decent set of ball players to make sure Inglis is given every opportunity.

I'd take DCE in a heartbeat unless I had the choice

If you were Mal picking the origin side for game 3, where would you have Inglis and Slater ?

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Threads
If you were Mal picking the origin side for game 3, where would you have Inglis and Slater ?

Slater on the wing. Shifting plays with Inglis, but Inglis at the back for mine is what we need in Game 3 ... but that's for a different thread?

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
Slater on the wing. Shifting plays with Inglis, but Inglis at the back for mine is what we need in Game 3 ... but that's for a different thread?

Yeah I know, was just curious about what you meant by replace Slater

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Apr 9, 2012
Threads
So my question is, if you could bring one player in the NRL to Red Hill, who would it be ?

I'll take Greg Inglis......

Had to wrestle that decison a bit between DCE and Cam Smith.

Inglis for mine can win football games without any help required from his team mates. Cam Smith as great as he is, still needs someone else to put the ball down over the line.

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
I'll take Greg Inglis......

Had to wrestle that decison a bit between DCE and Cam Smith.

Inglis for mine can win football games without any help required from his team mates. Cam Smith as great as he is, still needs someone else to put the ball down over the line.

Yeah it's a seriously hard decision, I would give my best mates left nut to have both DCE and Inglis at the club.

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachyy

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.