Status
Not open for further replies.
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Brisbane's most respected player in thirty years, declares:

“I am still a leader at the Broncos. I have left the leadership group but I will still be a leader on and off the field. I will continue to talk to players and try to help as best as I can over these last weeks of the season. I am passionate about the Broncos and I am desperate to help the team to win games. That has never changed."

Screenshots

“In my early days at the Broncos, I benefited a lot from older players helping me. Darren Lockyer was particularly helpful along with so many players who had done so much in their careers. I know my own career is coming to an end so I’m happy to pass on what I’ve learned to players who will be in the NRL for a long while yet. I never planned to be a captain until the opportunity came and I enjoyed leadership far more than I ever thought I would. I still enjoy it now and I’ll keep doing it until I play my last game.”

McHunt

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
This shit is just spiraling out of control. Its a runaway train.

Why did he even need to publicly come out and say hes leaving the leadership group for xyz issues?! Keep that shit in house, you know it will only damage the club that you are saying you still want to be a part of!

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017

Why did he even need to publicly come out and say hes leaving the leadership group for xyz issues?! Keep that shit in house, you know it will only damage the club that you are saying you still want to be a part of!
Hmmm, It's almost like there is a player revolt taking place. It couldn't be that Boyd knows exactly what he's doing here could it?

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
I get the feeling that for the past few weeks, Boyd actually has the club's best interests at heart. he has nothing to lose, so he's doing the dirty work.
Yep, I tend to agree. I think people need to put try and read between the lines a bit more with what he's saying and doing lately.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I look forward to seeing how some people will spin this as a negative

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014

I don't think he actually did that though? Looks like it came out through some back channel as a rumour then Locky confirmed it.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
I think he's got to the stage that he wants to see a positive input in his last games, injury free and in form and he feels like the people who should know are lost.
If you can't agree with the people running the show, the best thing is to get out of dodge and do what you can as an individual.
He tried to do that quietly and others have made it public.
He has had a terrible two years, has played out of position, with a rapidly failing body but has always spoke positively about what the club is doing. When he was dropped as captain he picked up his game and played acceptable, if not great at centre, having a positive influence on the players around him. He has been put back to fullback and played very well. I think he just wants to finish his last few games the way he started, without the politics and everything else. I hope he has the chance to do so, and let the problems for this team be on others shoulders. Too often he has been dragged in other people's fights without being asked, and has copped the responsibility as a senior player.
Perhaps that was right when he was captain, but he no longer fills that role so it's up to other to wear it.
I feel sorry for Glenn and carrigan who are good players put into an impossible position, but that's what they have been given and hopefully they can surprise us.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I look forward to seeing how some people will spin this as a negative
Can't you read between the lines FFS. It's obvious, it's a full blown mutiny. First thing that came to mind when I read it

rolleyes gif - GIF on Imgur

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Can't you read between the lines FFS. It's obvious, it's a full blown mutiny. First thing that came to mind when I read it

rolleyes gif - GIF on Imgur
I'm not even sure how your response is related to mine

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I'm not even sure how your response is related to mine
Well, I was agreeing with you and taking the piss out of someone elses post

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I thought this was a really good summary from Gus and even Gallen believe it or not:

They’re not wrong.

not playing as a team seems to be the consensus. Interestingly, our coach has the players in separate circles at half time. How on earth can they play as a team when they’re being coached separately. No wonder there’s different factions, it’s by design ffs.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
I don't think he actually did that though? Looks like it came out through some back channel as a rumour then Locky confirmed it.
Lockyer has to go.

What is with club legends contributing to stinking up the joint. Fucking hell.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
He leaked it to a journo first, most likely knowing it would spill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• barker
  • Mr Fourex
  • mystico
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • kman
  • winslow_wong
  • The Strapper
  • Wolfie
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • phoenix
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.