Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Agree with Coxy in that I think Hunt has shown as much promise and glimpses as Norman; however given that his 'opportunities' have mostly been as back up hooker for about 20-30 minutes a game I don't think he has yet been given the opportunity he deserves. Give him a season as the first choice halfback and then let it be judged how he might go long term. We all know I am a big fan of Hunt; but I am not so blind as to not be able to admit if it turns out he won't make it - provided I see him being given a GENUINE opportunity to show what he can (or can't) do; I just don't think the NRL game time he has seen so far has been a genuine opportunity.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Flutterby said:
Agree with Coxy in that I think Hunt has shown as much promise and glimpses as Norman; however given that his 'opportunities' have mostly been as back up hooker for about 20-30 minutes a game I don't think he has yet been given the opportunity he deserves. Give him a season as the first choice halfback and then let it be judged how he might go long term. We all know I am a big fan of Hunt; but I am not so blind as to not be able to admit if it turns out he won't make it - provided I see him being given a GENUINE opportunity to show what he can (or can't) do; I just don't think the NRL game time he has seen so far has been a genuine opportunity.

Bingo. The only time he's got to start in the 7 has been during a pre-Origin game with every decent player out of the team, or as a late call up for an injury, or during our run home last year when Locky and Wallace were both injured and the team capitulating.

He may never get a permanent spot in the halves at the Broncos, and if that's what happens, so be it. I have no doubt he'll excel at another club who gets his services, and I hope he does.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Well all I'll say is your definition of glimpses must be broader than mine - I can't see him being ready to be a full-time half for any team anytime soon but we'll see I guess.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Meat77 said:
Well all I'll say is your definition of glimpses must be broader than mine - I can't see him being ready to be a full-time half for any team anytime soon but we'll see I guess.

Well not least because when he's not filling in the halves at the Broncos he's playing hooker [eusa_doh

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
OK - do you honestly want to see a halves pairing of Hunt and Wallace next year? That would have to be the least creative pairing in the comp!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Have a look at Manly and what they have done with the halfback position the last few years. Hodkinson was great for them after playing a year of QLD cup and the same goes for Cherry-evans this year. I don't think we as a club are doing Hunt or Norman any favours.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
No need to look for a hooker if McCullough reproduces on a consistent basis the game he played tonight. Simply outstanding. Showed a lot of confidence in his own game and created a lot of go-forward - even set up a try!

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Mister Wright said:
No need to look for a hooker if McCullough reproduces on a consistent basis the game he played tonight. Simply outstanding. Showed a lot of confidence in his own game and created a lot of go-forward - even set up a try!

Outstanding? Are you serious? Sure, wasn't as bad as previous weeks. I'd even go close to calling it a "good performance". But outstanding? You're kidding yourself.

F

Ffs...

NYC Player
Jul 10, 2010
Jeba said:
Mister Wright said:

Outstanding? Are you serious? Sure, wasn't as bad as previous weeks. I'd even go close to calling it a "good performance". But outstanding? You're kidding yourself.

What he said.

Baptise is the long term hooker. Macca will be at another club in 2 years.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Baptistery certainly impressed more in this one game than McCullough has all season IMO.

Time to give McCullough the 'we wouldn't mind if you started looking elsewhere' talk.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
That sucks big time! :(

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
On the bright side, at least he won't pollute the Broncos team again.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:

Yeah I didn't wanna be a dick about it, and it sucks for him, but he's pretty crap.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:
Coxy said:

Yeah I didn't wanna be a dick about it, and it sucks for him, but he's pretty crap.

I'm a Cox so I'm happy to be a dick :P

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
A shame.

In a time where we really struggled up front, Tronc proved to be a handy pick up proving to be a consistent metre eater and a reliable defender. The truth is, he was always going to be a short-term pick up designed to hold the fort while the young forwards develop.

All the best Shane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.