Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:
Oh that makes sense. Aboslutely, I can see why Bruno would come out and basically admit he **** up by losing all those players because he wanted Hunt's signature, rather than say the players wern't in the club's long term plans.

Make himself look bad, or tell the "truth". Righto buddy.
Hunt was a priority signing for the football department, the club did all it could to be in a position to offer him what was a very competitive deal in the NRL, which is all they could do, the NRL cant compete with overseas rugby and the AFLs PR budget.... those players were deemed dispensable by the coaching staff alone, it has nothing to do with bruno, he only negotiates and signs the checks.... IF we were to suggest, as you ignorantly have, that bruno is the be-all end-all of player recruitment, then surely he should get all the credit for guys that have been recruited during his 'reign of terror' as well? Hannant, Yow Yeh, Wallace, Ennis, Hodges, Winterstein, etc...

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
reign of terror *chuckle* I have visions of Bruno dressed as a Spanish inquisitioner.

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008
You have to remember that Ivan was a half back. Half backs look good when they have boof head forwards who run good angles ( coached ), have good timingand good instinct.
Smart half backs don't like playing with dumb players.
Things happen quickly in the heat of battle.

Clinton runs hard, looks tough and appears courageous.
Fans love it but it can be hard and frustrating to coach.

Think about it and consider why / how Melbourne's big men appear to get through the line whereas Clinto appears to take monumental knocks.

There is a reason.

It is probably why the former halfback doesn't rate the tough looking front rower.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Poor Clinton is really taking some crap isnt he. Id almost believe his the get out of jail card for missing this years Grand Final.

Same as Sims was last year.

Burg

Burg

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
The lack of props is concern, unless they have their eye on a couple. Props usually don't come of age until they are around 25 so while youth is good for long term gains, however without a forward leader they can lack direction when times get tough.
I still think we do it tough next year, but hopfully we will have something to build upon.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
If they are gonna let Clinton go McGuire must play every game starting. Im willing to give him space to mature but let him play every game starting.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
I certainly have no problems with more responsibility being put on McGuire's shoulders as he is a great player, plus him getting more time will keep the Tigers at bay (as they were trying to sign him - hopefully that's past)

Heaps of potential as he has shown a lot of grit for his age and skill, both at reserve and first grade

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
well yeah putting the pressure on him now could very well make or break him. If it makes him then we have our new captain.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
draggx said:
well yeah putting the pressure on him now could very well make or break him. If it makes him then we have our new captain.

If he breaks, we can sell him to souths

J

joshobro

NYC Player
Jun 22, 2009
lol this has become just like the other thread. Can we leave this as just signings and rumoured signings and leave the opinions to the other one that's up?

J

joshobro

NYC Player
Jun 22, 2009
Sione Faumuina has signed for Easts Tigers. If he stops being a complete and utter moron and plays well he could be of use to the broncos through the yr.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
joshobro said:
Sione Faumuina has signed for Easts Tigers. If he stops being a complete and utter moron and plays well he could be of use to the broncos through the yr.
When he was at the cowboys he was complete utter crap. It frustrated the hell out of me that he somehow managed to stay in the starting team and I was so happy when he got sacked. I'm not sure how he went in England but if it's anything like his form at the cowboys then I want us to stay as far away as possible.

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
lyn said:
joshobro said:
When he was at the cowboys he was complete utter crap. It frustrated the hell out of me that he somehow managed to stay in the starting team and I was so happy when he got sacked. I'm not sure how he went in England but if it's anything like his form at the cowboys then I want us to stay as far away as possible.

The only way he'll get a match is if Wallace or Lockyer get injured, but when they're in the team, he doesn't have a hope of playing

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
ddd said:
I certainly have no problems with more responsibility being put on McGuire's shoulders as he is a great player, plus him getting more time will keep the Tigers at bay (as they were trying to sign him - hopefully that's past)

Heaps of potential as he has shown a lot of grit for his age and skill, both at reserve and first grade

I didn't know the Tigers tried signing Josh McGuire?

Is there any links on this? Can someone fill me in!

Gee whiz, if we lost Mcguire I'd be cut!

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Hatchy said:
lyn said:
joshobro said:

The only way he'll get a match is if Wallace or Lockyer get injured, but when they're in the team, he doesn't have a hope of playing

Are you actually talking about Tim Smith or do you really think Sione Faumuina has a hope ahead of Ben Hunt?

J

joshobro

NYC Player
Jun 22, 2009
I would not think of Faumuina in the halves at all probably backrow. I don't understand how everyone get's all pissed off about Smith or Faumuina signing for a feeder club, it costs us nothing yet if they perform and play well we have 2 very capable players there. If they don't play well enough they stay at Easts, life goes on at the broncos. I would say Smith will get a run in first grade, Faumuina is a very long shot.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
LOL, Tim Smiths only chance of starting is if Joel Clinton leaves the broncos...

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
no thanks to faumuina, total drunk, alcohol incidents everywhere he goes. dont need anymore of them at the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• cento
  • Mustafur
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  • Alec
  • Allo
  • Aldo
  • Behold
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.