Player Movements & Rumours 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
OK Guys a new thread for season 2010. We'll update this first post as signings are confirmed

Gains for 2010:
Matt Britt (Raiders)
Tim Natusch (Knights)
Scott Anderson (Storm)
Denan Kemp (Warriors)
Rohan Ahern (Roosters)
Andrew Clayton (Roosters)
Matt Gillett (Norths Devils)

Losses for 2010:
Karmichael Hunt (AFL)
Dave Taylor (Rabbits)
Joel Clinton (Hull KR)
Palmer Wapau (Released / Redcliffe)
Aaron Sweeney (Released)
Tom Hewitt (Released)
Aaron Gorrell (Queanbeyan Kangaroos)
Tonie Carroll (Retired)
Issak Ah Mau (Cowboys)
Will Tupou (Cowboys)

Rumoured signings for 2010:
Scott Hill (Retirement)
Tim Smith (Wigan via Easts Q Cup)

Rumoured losses for 2010:
PJ Marsh (Released)

I thought TC was considering going around again?

Clinton > Hull KR

Ive heard the deals done, visa permitting he will be there next season...

Clinton possibly leaving?....................

Who the hell is responsible for that? What a **** joke. Whoever is letting these players go needs to be kicked firmly in the balls and told that rugby league teams NEED prop forwards. We damn well better be getting a good replacement if he is going, it's all well and good that we keep buying NYC props but FFS they aren't exactly experienced are they.

I hope the resigning of Lockyer isn't taking up as much cap room as it has in the past because losing Taylor and Clinton is absolutely diabolical. We lost so much and have gained absolutely SFA, Cullen is butchering this clubs future with recruitment like this.

Don't include Taylor in this. He paid the price for poor attitude and lacklustre form early in the season when he was playing for a contract. He's not the first player who's hit form after being shown the door and won't be the last.

Clinton though...well for some reason he's fallen out of favour with either administration, coaching or fellow players. If the situation is untenable then I guess they have no choice but to get rid of him.

And yes, it's a horrible decision, because he's been great.

its not cullen, he does what the football staff want him to, and obviously Nolen and Henjak dont want Clinton there... the writing has been on the wall for a while that Clinton wasnt wanted, hence the massive fine and dropped from the side in the last few weeks of the season... saying all that he wouldnt be going anywhere if they didnt feel they could cover him, I think if its announced in the next 4 weeks another signing will follow...

nopatience101 said:
Clinton > Hull KR

Ive heard the deals done, visa permitting he will be there next season...

Wow - that's huge - good thing the Broncos have got heaps of props :roll:

When did this Clinton rumour start- I never heard of it. If it's true, i'll be F***** pissed at Cullen. He, in my opinion is one of the forwards that has the most passion to be a Bronco, he runs like his possessed whenever he gets the ball. Hits hard to.

Who do we get in return? a F***** knights reject. I mean, WTF Cullen??? I've been dissapointed in your decisions before but this by far outweighs them all. What's next from Cullen...

It is all in the name...
He enjoys Cullen.

Hatchy said:
When did this Clinton rumour start- I never heard of it. If it's true, i'll be F***** pissed at Cullen. He, in my opinion is one of the forwards that has the most passion to be a Bronco, he runs like his possessed whenever he gets the ball. Hits hard to.

Who do we get in return? a F***** knights reject. I mean, WTF Cullen??? I've been dissapointed in your decisions before but this by far outweighs them all. What's next from Cullen...

Boyd
Eastwood
Stagg
Kemp
Ennis

To keep. Hunt.

I'd say that's a pretty big screw up.

Nashy said:
Hatchy said:

Boyd
Eastwood
Stagg
Kemp
Ennis

To keep. Hunt.

I'd say that's a pretty big screw up.

Oops, I have no comeback on that one. My bad

You guys really gotta get over your bruno is the devil bs, the football department gets the players they want and they decide the ones they dont, not bruno... benny got the guys he wanted and he got rid of the ones he didnt, henjak is doing the same, he is deciding the roster he thinks can get the job done for the next 2-3 years, all bruno does is negotiate with the football departments targets and sign the checks... there was always going to be a lot of player movements when a new coach takes over, Ivan inherited the majority of the roster and hes entitled to make changes as he sees fit...

Little bit different when Bruno said they offloaded those players to keep Hunt...

henjak like any coach would have had hunt as a priority signing & of course bruno said it, hes the public face of the company... henjak didnt want ennis apparently and stagg wasnt in his plans either, hannant left because we couldnt come close to the doggies offer and remain a hope of re-signing K... Kemp left for big bucks that the broncos felt was overs for where he was at in his career.... henjak and nolan make the player recruitment and retainment decisions, dont like it blame them not bruno, all he does in the football area is implement their judgment the best way he can.... it was no different under benny...

Oh that makes sense. Aboslutely, I can see why Bruno would come out and basically admit he fucked up by losing all those players because he wanted Hunt's signature, rather than say the players wern't in the club's long term plans.

Make himself look bad, or tell the "truth". Righto buddy.

To me it definitely looks like the management is preparing for life after Locky. I mean we could have gunned it for the next season or 2, and then might have become the next Roosters (after they lost Fittler). It looks like they are trying to give younger players a go so they'll be proper quality first graders after Lockyer retires, even if it means sacrificing the next season. If so, then I'd expect to see players like McGuire and Hala given a proper go.

Of course, this could all just be wrong and the management is just high on sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • RodF
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Brotherdu
  • Battler
  • theshed
  • Justwin
  • Galah
  • Bronx48
  • Hoof Hearted
  • cento
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.