Player Movements / Rumours 2011/2012

He was brought in to first grade too early IMO. He went well as he was in a strong team at the time, however as soon as the Eels began to struggle, so did he. He's quite a good ball runner and can be creative off the back of that... certainly not on the scrap heap. Would have been good to see him running off Chrissy Sandow.

He was brought in to first grade too early IMO. He went well as he was in a strong team at the time, however as soon as the Eels began to struggle, so did he. He's quite a good ball runner and can be creative off the back of that... certainly not on the scrap heap. Would have been good to see him running off Chrissy Sandow.

And, dare I say it, he could look good running off Macca/Wallace and the Broncos' pack? I would rather see Ben Hunt or Corey Norman, obviously, but I can think of worse options than Mortimer.

I've got my reservations about Wallace as a first receiver, as do the coaching staff obviously. Locky seems gets his mitts on the ball before sending it out to Wallace more often than not. I wouldn't be surprised to see us revert to playing a half down each side of the field next year with Norman on one side and Wallace on the other. I'm not a big fan of it, but it does seem the best option for the club. You're right though, there are certainly worse out there. However in a day when halves are at a premium there would be no shortage of clubs willing to grab him as a depth signing.

I've got my reservations about Wallace as a first receiver, as do the coaching staff obviously. Locky seems gets his mitts on the ball before sending it out to Wallace more often than not. I wouldn't be surprised to see us revert to playing a half down each side of the field next year with Norman on one side and Wallace on the other. I'm not a big fan of it, but it does seem the best option for the club. You're right though, there are certainly worse out there. However in a day when halves are at a premium there would be no shortage of clubs willing to grab him as a depth signing.

For sure. I would think though for a young player like him, seeing the Broncos' youth coming through and potential to develop into a real superpower in the next few seasons, it'd be something you'd want to be part of.

The Crusaders just withdrew from the English Super League.

Should see a lot of players going on the market soon. Might be some options for us to pursue or other NRL teams.

Can anyone give feedback on how Ryan Carr and Justin Hunt go in the QLD cup and if they are ready for the NRL? Souths signed them earlier this week and was just interested.

Can anyone give feedback on how Ryan Carr and Justin Hunt go in the QLD cup and if they are ready for the NRL? Souths signed them earlier this week and was just interested.

Really good signings - Been great for Redcliffe this year.

Hunt has been close to the best player in the QLD Cup this season. (Although he punctured his lung and missed a month of so of football) Brilliant footwork, good under the high ball, quick and a solid defender. He is a former halfback so he has above average play making skills. Would of played for the Broncos during Origin if he didn't get injured.

Carr isn't flashy but he does his job very very well. Has had his share of injury problems missing a fair few games with hamsting & lower back problems. Plays a very controlled game & directs the side around well. Redcliffe havn't lost a game this year when he has played

Thanks BroncoMatt. Sounds good and I am really interested in how they will be used in the next few years and how they will go in the NRL if they do make it. Thanks again.

Leeson Ah Mau - Saints 2 Years.

Good signing, there was no room for him at the Cowboys and the Dragons could do with a player of his ability.

Linnett to Cowboys is awesome. I had a wrap on Linnett and for him to replace Tonga works out well for them.

Leeson Ah Mau - Saints 2 Years.

Good signing, there was no room for him at the Cowboys and the Dragons could do with a player of his ability.

Linnett to Cowboys is awesome. I had a wrap on Linnett and for him to replace Tonga works out well for them.

I agree with all of that.

I'm a fan of Leeson's potential, but Sims (x2), Hall, Cooper and Paterson have all leapfrogged him and Taumalolo could have possibly done the same in the next couple of years.

I hope he continues to develop.

Stoked to get Linnett.

Really? Stoked? Linnett has been nothing short of average at the Roosters. He has nil attacking ability and has his troubles in defence. I have no idea how this guy managed to score so many tries in the NSW cup.

Big Pete has one of those half bronco half cowboys custom jerseys

Big Pete has one of those half bronco half cowboys custom jerseys

Learn to read nimrod.

Rock - Linnett has struggled with injuries this season but last year he ran really well off the halves and performed well up against some tough assignments like Folau and Ayshford. Considering the Cows were down to a Winterstein/Tate combo I'd say it's a good buy that could really pay off. If it doesn't, I think it'd be an effective stop gap until one of their juniors develops. Personally, I think their five eigth, Parker-Walsh, will make the transition someday.

Last edited:
Really? Stoked? Linnett has been nothing short of average at the Roosters. He has nil attacking ability and has his troubles in defence. I have no idea how this guy managed to score so many tries in the NSW cup.

I must have been watching different games then, he's looked solid in defense to me and he knows how to finish off a backline movement.

A lot of Roosters fans seem to be upset about losing him too.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Bongo
  • Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • Big Del
  • Thelmus
  • Fozz
  • Locky24
  • Rambstien
  • Galah
  • broncotville
  • Fitzy
  • Manlyman
  • lynx000
  • Financeguy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Maddy
  • Johnny92
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.