-NEWS- Player Ratings: Darius Boyd's Time is Up

That try was a farce and ran for 110m , 2nd of all backs. Oates has butter fingers and has done far less of late , but yeah that doesn't count right.
Oates has been bog average and always has his share of spilled pills, he hasn't made up for them as much lately.

Shibasaki has effort errors every game, he's switched off or lazy. He's targeted now because everyone knows he's got a limp wrist carry and is an easy strip. It's lots of little lazy things he's guaranteed to do every game because he has so far.

People arguing he's better than Boyd it's a moot point.

Honestly seems this is the squad for next year or close to it, with halves and what not to come back. Seibold just had to play them and get them working together for next year that's why we have Turps in the halves over Dargan, because Dargan most likely won't be there next year. So all the experience the boy's can get together this year will help next year. Top 8 has been a bonus for this season since very early on. Seibs is making do with a shitty situation at the moment.

john1420

NRL Player
Everything Seibold has said and done suggests he will persist with Boyd at 5/8th until at least the end of the season. Maybe, if we're lucky, he might get pushed out into the centres to replace Shiba, but we've neither seen, nor heard, any evidence of this from the coach.

That's simply not true. Siebs said in a presser that Boyd is the best option in the halves right now. We have 2 halves injured. That at least suggests there is a chance that Boyd will be moved. He may not too. But there is a chance

I must have been watching a different press conference. Everyone is making out like seibold said these are the halves for the next 2 years, guaranteed.
We literally have no other options at the moment. Dearden, o'sullivan and even paix are all injured at the moment. We played shit last night and have for the last 6 weeks but we have won 4.5/6 with shit halves, carrying our captain and macca slowing us down.
I am frustrated and pissed off too but what other team in the comp has won 4.5/6 games (even with the wins being against shit teams) with their top 3 halves out?
And before ppl say "but milfs a 5/8th".. Where milf plays right now is not an issue with our direction, he can play the same role from fb in opposition red zones but with broken field play on kick returns. He is doing exactly what we all wanted him to do for 4 years (run the ball!) and we are still bloody complaining..

Pub Steak

QCup Player
I actually would be interested as to how Turpin would go as a 6 beside a decent half like SOS or Dearden. He had some nice 5/8 style plays and runs. Boyd has no right to be anywhere near the 6 or 7. He's been defending better since the move but he's actually invisible in attack.

Alec

International Rep
I actually would be interested as to how Turpin would go as a 6 beside a decent half like SOS or Dearden. He had some nice 5/8 style plays and runs. Boyd has no right to be anywhere near the 6 or 7. He's been defending better since the move but he's actually invisible in attack.
I really think you need a good experienced half for that to possibly work. Not a rookie, unless you want the side making up the numbers once again.

Pub Steak

QCup Player
I really think you need a good experienced half for that to possibly work. Not a rookie, unless you want the side making up the numbers once again.
Yeah but we don't have one. I'm only being hypothetical within the realms of present reality. Whilst also trying to fit turps and Seggy into a side where Macca will assuredly continue to be picked in.

pagey

NRL Captain
Oates has been bog average and always has his share of spilled pills, he hasn't made up for them as much lately.

Shibasaki has effort errors every game, he's switched off or lazy. He's targeted now because everyone knows he's got a limp wrist carry and is an easy strip. It's lots of little lazy things he's guaranteed to do every game because he has so far.

People arguing he's better than Boyd it's a moot point.

Honestly seems this is the squad for next year or close to it, with halves and what not to come back. Seibold just had to play them and get them working together for next year that's why we have Turps in the halves over Dargan, because Dargan most likely won't be there next year. So all the experience the boy's can get together this year will help next year. Top 8 has been a bonus for this season since very early on. Seibs is making do with a shitty situation at the moment.
Agree about the situation but seibold has had nearly a full season, and I don't see any signs of a game plan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter