Players identified as consistently doing the 1%ers who we should consider in our re-build

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
If we had to carry jake on a million just to get Tom it would be worth it 😅
He’s a great player, but if we somehow managed to get him, with our luck he would be Jack Bird 2.0 up here.

I mean, with his injury history, he’d likely do his hammy picking his bag up off the carousel after his flight into BNE.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
We need to be targetting and securing long time spine players - ESPECIALLY a 7.
Having Reynolds here for 3 years is great, but it will be wasted unless we can use that time to develop a future halves player who can learn from Adam while developing his game in reserve grade / filling in.
agreed...this is actually quite important...

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Which I hope Paix doesn’t do because he is currently the best 9 at the club, though I don’t think Kevvie would agree.
i like Corey, i hope he stays cause hes doing the reps in cup footy which he needed to do. Hes doing all the right things to get a crack at top grade.

Bottom line though; everyone at the club is offically on notice.

There may be some casualities that we dont necessarily would like to see leave but here we are...

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Right, so at present you're saying he's not ready to achieve a consistent weekly turnout of doing 1%ers so I'd need to remove him from the list then.
Im not sure where you get that from?

Our system at the moment wont do him any good.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
The answer, especially on a reasonable budget was Hynes and Opacic but those ships have sailed.

Reynolds is a good start.
Capewell and Funicane would be no brainers culturally but it’s Dale’s asking price that would be the issue.

Hodgson would be next cab off the rank.

A leadership group of Reynolds, Funicane, Hodgson, and Carrigan would make the club culture basically unrecognisable- which i obviously mean in a good way.

Probably cop it for this, but we had the chance to get Tommy back and we absolutely low balled him. He would have moved back to Queensland for probably $150k @ year. He's not that keen on Sydney and all his and his partners family are up here. He has a few faults in his game, but he always does the little things and never hides even when he isn't having the best game.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Wolverine Remembers Picture Frame Meme Maker

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Probably cop it for this, but we had the chance to get Tommy back and we absolutely low balled him. He would have moved back to Queensland for probably $150k @ year. He's not that keen on Sydney and all his and his partners family are up here. He has a few faults in his game, but he always does the little things and never hides even when he isn't having the best game.
Yeah I think he is great value for that price range and we might have missed a real money ball opportunity there. I see Lee as the attacking version of Oppa. Low ceiling players but cheap first grade standards that will play there part and not really let you down. I don’t think the club could justify carrying both or even less starting both.

I’m a fan of Tommy though. Had a few shockers lately.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yeah I think he is great value for that price range and we might have missed a real money ball opportunity there. I see Lee as the attacking version of Oppa. Low ceiling players but cheap first grade standards that will play there part and not really let you down. I don’t think the club could justify carrying both or even less starting both.

I’m a fan of Tommy though. Had a few shockers lately.
You can deal with a couple of shockers at 150k. Great bargain buy for the Eels.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
We need to be targetting and securing long time spine players - ESPECIALLY a 7.
Having Reynolds here for 3 years is great, but it will be wasted unless we can use that time to develop a future halves player who can learn from Adam while developing his game in reserve grade / filling in.
Luckily we just hired Ben Walker's best mate to oversee our R&R... I believe his son is a fair halfback

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
We are in the market for some assistant coaches too.
Unfortunately the Walker brothers aren't really the type of assistant coach we should be after. Don't need to worry about mad attacking things

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Unfortunately the Walker brothers aren't really the type of assistant coach we should be after. Don't need to worry about mad attacking things

That is all our players are interested in and they suck even at that.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Luckily we just hired Ben Walker's best mate to oversee our R&R... I believe his son is a fair halfback
Lockyer is walkers good mate too , that didn't work well when we tried to sign him.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Also their kid is locked up at the chooks for 3 years

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Word is he's not happy at Manly. Word is a number of players aren't happy there due to club's medical and high performance staff.

The players think they are being overworked which is leading to injury. Shuster is apparently pissed because he feels his calf injury was caused by being overworked.

Maybe there's an opportunity to swoop in there. I know there's a couple of players at Manly I would like.
Soooo.......lets go after players who don't like training?

Pass.......

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
So basically he'd never fit in at the Broncos?

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.