Playing league in Brisbane- a novice

S

SamThaidaysMo

U18 Player
Oct 7, 2010
Alright people?

I'm a 29 yo Scottish guy thats never played league (been playing reserve grade union in NZ for past two years).
Anyway, was wondering what the script is with playing league around here, nothing serious, social grade or
equivalent would be great. Been playing union but rarely watch it as it bores me to tears mostly. Really fancy
giving league a go and where better than Australia?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

depends what part of Brisbane you live in. Local clubs are in basically every second suburb.

At the moment Mitchelton but will be moving nearer CBD soon.

SamThaidaysMo said:
At the moment Mitchelton but will be moving nearer CBD soon.

Not too many clubs that are centrally based these days I don't think. But Wests-Mitchelton is a pretty established club.

Have a look at http://www.playrugbyleague.com.au

Good web site. Should be able to find a club that suits your location and your skill level.
Good luck!

Have you thought about Oztag?

BHQ has a team that plays socially and is a lot of fun. Coxy is the man to speak to about it. Dont think he is doing anything this season but next season he might be, and new players are always welcome :)

It should be Team Here's Coxy

It is worthwhile checking out the Brisbane 2nd Division website also. 2nd division is the comp you would be playing in.
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page ... 2270&pID=7

They have Premier Grade which is a pretty high level quality. Some former NRL & Q Cup players and some clubs feed straight into QLD Cup reserve grade sides.
But under that they have Open 2, 3 and 4th grade on the South and Northside. I reckon Open 3 would be about what you would be looking for.

Good Luck in your search and let us know how you get you on. We expect updates through out the season too (Refer to Ningnangnong's cricket thread to see what we require [icon_lol1. )

Thanks guys, some good info here, much appreciated. icon_thumbs_u

BroncoMatt said:
(Refer to Ningnangnong's cricket thread to see what we require [icon_lol1. )

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

If there is ever a BHQ cricket day, I am going to show you guys a thing or two. :P

ningnangnong [Bot said:
]
BroncoMatt said:
(Refer to Ningnangnong's cricket thread to see what we require [icon_lol1. )

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

If there is ever a BHQ cricket day, I am going to show you guys a thing or two. :P

How? You'd never show up :P

Active Now

• scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.