NEWS Plod Haas

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Screenshot 2021 01 30 The Courier Mail Breaking News Headlines for Brisbane and Queensland Cou

Prior to fronting a Tweed Heads magistrate on Tuesday, stereotypical New South Welshman Payne Haas is being deputized as an honorary Police cub as punishment for recently carrying on like a chump after getting up the turps. The Broncos are reported to "have concerns" about his "attitude" towards Johnny Law and The Man in general. Other than that, the Broncos are staying mum until the matter has been picked to death in court.

QLD's own squeaky clean Petero Civoniceva, who's been hands on with Haas since the incident, had this to say:

“It’s been a challenging time for Payne (following the death of his older brother Chace last year). It’s up to the club to put the right people around him to carry the burden at times. That’s what it was for him with the challenge’s he’s had. He is a young man and continuously learning. When I was that age I certainly made lots of mistakes. You’re learning all the time. There is no doubt around his stature at the club. He is a wonderful leader and great young bloke. It’s about pushing forward."

LExcution de la Punition de Fouet by Jean Baptiste Debret

Learning all the time

"The expectation on Payne is a great one and we know what he can bring and the influence he has among the playing group. Payne will pay the price for what happened, but he is determined to work his way back and be the forward leader we need him to be.”

McHunt

Last edited:
That's the problem with footballers these days: their egos are just way too inflated.

Having said that, **** the pigs.

That's the problem with footballers these days: their egos are just way too inflated.

Having said that, **** the pigs.

I personally dont think egos and behaviours have changed much from how they were in late 90s goin into 00's its just that it is way to hard for clubs to cover up what a player does or say now days. every man and his dog has a camera out ready whenever they see a player nearby.

guarantee you there are people on this very forum who could tell u about some stories of past players behavour that would rival or exceed what some players are getting up to today

I personally dont think egos and behaviours have changed much from how they were in late 90s goin into 00's its just that it is way to hard for clubs to cover up what a player does or say now days. every man and his dog has a camera out ready whenever they see a player nearby.

guarantee you there are people on this very forum who could tell u about some stories of past players behavour that would rival or exceed what some players are getting up to today
That's fair, at the same time these blokes need to be aware that technology and society has changed and they need to conform to a level of expectations if they want to remain employed as NRL players.

Social media is the big one , and yes smart phones with good cameras.

View attachment 11232

Prior to fronting a Tweed Heads magistrate on Tuesday, stereotypical New South Welshman Payne Haas is being deputized as an honorary Police cub as punishment for recently carrying on like a chump after getting up the turps. The Broncos are reported to "have concerns" about his "attitude" towards Johnny Law and The Man in general. Other than that, the Broncos are staying mum until the matter has been picked to death in court.

QLD's own squeaky clean Petero Civoniceva, who's been hands on with Haas since the incident, had this to say:

“It’s been a challenging time for Payne (following the death of his older brother Chace last year). It’s up to the club to put the right people around him to carry the burden at times. That’s what it was for him with the challenge’s he’s had. He is a young man and continuously learning. When I was that age I certainly made lots of mistakes. You’re learning all the time. There is no doubt around his stature at the club. He is a wonderful leader and great young bloke. It’s about pushing forward."

View attachment 11231
Learning all the time

"The expectation on Payne is a great one and we know what he can bring and the influence he has among the playing group. Payne will pay the price for what happened, but he is determined to work his way back and be the forward leader we need him to be.”

McHunt
I'm with you Payne....**** THE POLICE !

I think this is a great idea by the club. Considering how many of our players have come to the attention of the police over the last few years, it could really help us having a man on the inside. Now if we could only get TPJ a temp job with the match review panel.

Payne's case has been brought forward to today. He's in court now. Haas’s former lawyer, Campbell MacCallum denies it was a "domestic:"

“Payne was enjoying a night out with his wife having dinner and a few drinks. What a lot of the public don’t know is that Payne’s older brother passed away last year and Payne has been struggling with a huge amount of grief over this. The passing of his brother added to the pressure of being thrown into the limelight with his rapid rise to rugby league stardom was bubbling to the surface. He has a big family support system but his wife describes him as shy and the type of person who bottles up his emotions."

“His partner describes Payne as a gentle giant at all times at home and the reports of a domestic situation included in the situation are completely false. Haas and Ms Mohenoa were sitting and talking and Payne was upset. She was consoling him and trying to settle him down as all of his emotions spilt over."

“Police were in the area and attending to a wild incident (brawl) about 20m away which had nothing to do with Payne. The police approached him out of the blue and started firing questions at him. Payne was in a heightened state of emotion, confused and being confronted with many police officers. “What transpired after that will be the subject of further inquiries but he is devastated, as is his partner, that inaccurate reports of a domestic situation was occurring.”

McHunt

Last edited:
"Haas will be sentenced to a two-year a conditional release order, meaning if he commits another criminal offence he will be re-sentenced for these offences."

"Haas will be sentenced to a two-year a conditional release order, meaning if he commits another criminal offence he will be re-sentenced for these offences."

Every time I see you post about Haas, I fully expect to see you blowing your lid about him signing with the Titans.

In other words he is technically guilty of an offence, but it has been put to the side pending further behaviour. Essentially a formal warning.

I wonder how NRL integrity will view this.

Where's this from? It seems a bit much for telling a cop to get fucked, is there any court source for the facts of what actually happened?

Where's this from? It seems a bit much for telling a cop to get fucked, is there any court source for the facts of what actually happened?
alexutting on twitter is the GCB chief crime reporter following it. Says he plead guilty to offensive language and intimidating police.

Last edited:
Agreed... I would like to see the evidence put forward by the police

alexutting on twitter is the GCB chief crime reporter following it. Says he plead guilty to offensive language and intimidating police.
Ta, I'm not a tweetlist so thanks for the update.

A lot of aggressive words directed at the police including a female. Not a good look.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Cavalo
  • cento
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • Locky24
  • Griffo
  • Allo
  • Hurrijo
  • Kev_Guz
  • scobie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.