NEWS Plod Haas

Fucking ban the **** for a couple years. What a piece of shit.

So much for good Muslim boy. Blokes a fucking ass hat. I don’t care if he’s good. It’s **** wits like him that have ruined the culture at the Broncos.

So much for good Muslim boy. Blokes a fucking ass hat. I don’t care if he’s good. It’s **** wits like him that have ruined the culture at the Broncos.
What’s even worse is there is no Hodges or Parker in the playing group to tell him to pull his head in.

I agree with your sentiments puddin, some on here will still think what he said and threatened to do is acceptable by todays standards, even threatening to bash a woman police officer will be acceptable to some because all cops are ***** you know, hope he gets a good long stretch on the sidelines, having some tragedy in the family is no excuse either, who on here hasn't experienced the same issues 😎

10 game suspension sounds about right. He obviously needs a serious lesson, all of these kids do. 10 games for Payne, next person to step out of line cops the full season.

Very shabby behaviour I agree, but I am happy to leave the punishment in the public domain. I don't see any need to punish the club by being without our best forward - who is still being counted in our salary cap. If the court sees fit to put him on probation I don't see why the club wouldn't do the same. It was in the off season, on his own time. Nothing to do with the NRL.

Last edited:
I agree with your sentiments puddin, some on here will still think what he said and threatened to do is acceptable by todays standards, even threatening to bash a woman police officer will be acceptable to some because all cops are ***** you know, hope he gets a good long stretch on the sidelines, having some tragedy in the family is no excuse either, who on here hasn't experienced the same issues 😎
I wouldn't describe it as acceptable however we are all in some aspects products of our environment. My parents raised me to speak politely and keep my cool but perhaps Payne's role models took a somewhat different view. If that's the case I think a more appropriate and effective approach would be a moderate suspension and mentoring to assist him in developing values and behaviours more in line with community standards. Much like with Lodge, everyone in this case might be better served by looking not just to punishment but rehabilitation and improvement.

He seems to have a real chip on his shoulder about the police. I somehow doubt his parents went to jail for no reason.
Between this and the licence thing it does strike me perhaps he wasn't given the best role models growing up. And while it's not accept it's understandable at some level to harbour a resentment towards the institution who, from your point of view, took your parent/s away.

Last edited:
I wouldn't describe it as acceptable however we are all in some aspects products of our environment. My parents raised me to speak politely and keep my cool but perhaps Payne's role models took a somewhat different view. If that's the case I think a more appropriate and effective approach would be a moderate suspension and mentoring to assist him in developing values and behaviours more in line with community standards. Much like with Lodge, everyone in this case might be better served by looking not just to punishment but rehabilitation and improvement.

Between this and the licence thing it does strike me perhaps he wasn't given the best role models growing up. And while it's not accept it's understandable at some level to harbour a resentment towards the institution who, from your point of view, took your parent/s away.
This is why I think the Broncos punishment of making him do the "day in the life of" beat is the appropriate punishment. The suspension talk is pound of flesh stuff.

This is why I think the Broncos punishment of making him do the "day in the life of" beat is the appropriate punishment. The suspension talk is pound of flesh stuff.
But he's not really going to be on the beat is he? He isn't going to be in any situation where he could encounter serious harm. It's PR bullshit.

Maybe, on the other hand a three or four week suspension from the club might drive home the importance of changing his ways.

I dunno, I think the NRL have to come down hard on him. He has disrespected the police and also threatened a woman. Its a shocking look for him and its not like its his first offence. You cant go around threatening women like that in this day and age.

The apology is purely PR imo, same as this day in the life of a cop is. I hope it isnt, but i just dont believe him. I'd be inclined to agree with you if he had behaved himself in the past.

But he's not really going to be on the beat is he? He isn't going to be in any situation where he could encounter serious harm. It's PR bullshit.
No, but he's there to gain some kind of empathy for the police as human beings, what they deal with on a day to day. Banning him is what's PR bullshit. That's nothing but PR.

Maybe, on the other hand a three or four week suspension from the club might drive home the importance of changing his ways.
I'm certain he'll get something along those lines. But in the end, it's us who lose from that.

I dunno, I think the NRL have to come down hard on him. He has disrespected the police and also threatened a woman. Its a shocking look for him and its not like its his first offence. You cant go around threatening women like that in this day and age.

The apology is purely PR imo, same as this day in the life of a cop is. I hope it isnt, but i just dont believe him. I'd be inclined to agree with you if he had behaved himself in the past.

I'm sure you're right. The NRL knows it has to virtue signal, and it will do that through a suspension. It's a terrible look for Haas personally, but the judge saw fit to set him loose with a warning. It was the right decision.

The apology is pure PR, but I can't read the bloke's mind to know whether he genuinely feels bad and embarrassed. I'm sure the NRL will use its bluntest tool and suspend him for x number of games because that's the way they're expected to react. But that's not about Payne. That's about the NRL and club not getting in trouble for being light on roughnecks.

Last edited:
No, but he's there to gain some kind of empathy for the police as human beings, what they deal with on a day to day. Banning him is what's PR bullshit. That's nothing but PR.
If he doesn't find himself in situations wherein he might encounter physical harm, which is what the police regularly do, how is it building empathy? Is he going to find it giving out tickets for jaywalking?

I'm certain he'll get something along those lines. But in the end, it's us who lose from that.

I'm sure you're right. The NRL knows it has to virtue signal, and it will do that through a suspension. It's a terrible look for Haas personally, but the judge saw fit to set him loose with a warning. It was the right decision.

The apology is pure PR, but I can't read the bloke's mind to know whether he genuinely feels bad and embarrassed. I'm sure the NRL will use its bluntest tool and suspend him for x number of games because that's the way they're expected to react. But that's not about Payne. That's about the NRL and club not getting in trouble for being light on roughnecks.

Probably better to lose him now and he learns his lesson rather than us lose him for good because he cant get his shit together.

I find it typical that he’s a fucking cat on the field for us but big tough guy to cops with a filthy mouth.

Take a leaf out of your buddy carrigans book and grow the **** up, DICK HEAD.

I might add he loves to hang out with “latrine” Mitchell..... we have players in this squad with GIANT character flaws.

Sort it out Kevvie!

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • The Boss
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.