[POLL] Five-eighth for 2014

Who should be the Broncos #6 in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Went ZS as well, not such if Kahu is a 5/8, at least Zach has played most of last season in the halfs

1. Cullen/Strasser
2. Kahu

We need a genuine QCup battle hardened 5/8, not Kahu.

Kahu was an absolute liability in defence playing in the centres. He digs his heels in and waits for his opposite to come to him to make a round the legs, low risk tackle. He did this against Junior Sau I think and just got steamrolled all night.

The bloke has gone from promising high school prospect at fullback, 1 year in 20s, 2 years injured, 1 year of a mixed bag in the centres and wing outside Justin Hodges and Griffin and fans now expected to play 5/8 fulltime for the Brisbane Broncos.

At 5/8, he will be exposed terribly in defence, especially with Gillett outside him (no offence but he can go missing in defence).

Let alone in attack where who knows what he's capable of in terms of a passing game, or a kicking game?

It's a receipe for absolute disaster and a way to crush whatever confidence Kahu might have gained over the past 12 months eeking out a few tries and linebreaks from the wing. I can't believe he'e even been mentioned in the same sentence for 5/8.

I struggle to have a place for Kahu in the team at all let alone in the 6. I just don't rate him like most seem to, let's not base our selections on junior hype when in first grade the blokes been ineffective.

Agreed. If Griffin wants to play Kahu at 5/8th, he should first play there in QLD Cup. He might even turn out pretty good there, but throwing him there in first grade in round 1 is just asking for trouble (especially with an unproven halfback and a mediocre at best hooker).

What if griffin moves gillett to full time 5/8? Man I'd be so pissed.

I struggle to have a place for Kahu in the team at all let alone in the 6. I just don't rate him like most seem to, let's not base our selections on junior hype when in first grade the blokes been ineffective.
You only have to watch him at training to see he is a classy player, he wasn't 'ineffective' last season at all, especially considering what he has come through to get there and the interruptions throughout the season.

If Griffin has a any clue, Gillett will keep playing on the left side next to Hunt, where he showed much better poise defensively last year. (His missed tackle average nose dived when he moved sides)

I haven't seen enough of Kahu in a playmaking role to make a judgement, but the people in the know tell me he has plenty of talent and a really nice boot on him too...

Whoever plays the best in the trials and has the best connection with Hunt should play in the 6. Our whole game will be based on our forwards anyway.

Dam straight. We've bought Kennedy to continue the Griffin-bore gameplan.

We've bought Barba hoping he can capitalise on the opportunities that Norman and Wallace couldn't.

Dam straight. We've bought Kennedy to continue the Griffin-bore gameplan.

We've bought Barba hoping he can capitalise on the opportunities that Norman and Wallace couldn't.

let's starting winning first before we question how boring it is going about it

If Barba got some of the chances Norman did last year I'd say we would win a few more games. We just could not break tackles last year (led by maranta, seriously does hodges have to score all of them as well) Barba will help that and so will Kennedy up the middle. FOr a big young guy he does have a good strike rate on scoring tries

Seriously how great would it be being the new 5/8th with thaiday and hodges and next to you

Having Barba instead of Norman/Hoffman at fullback, and Vidot or Mills instead of Maranta on the wing, would've had us in the top 8 last season I reckon, even with our hopeless defense. Those 2 put together butchered at the very least 10 tries for us...

Having Barba instead of Norman/Hoffman at fullback, and Vidot or Mills instead of Maranta on the wing, would've had us in the top 8 last season I reckon, even with our hopeless defense. Those 2 put together butchered at the very least 10 tries for us...

Exactly right we lacked the finishing touch. Now, Vidot can carry the oppositio nwinger on his back and will still outrun the fullback to dive in the corner, mills is a great finisher and decent in the air and as for Barba need i say more. scoring a try when there is oppurtunity can make the world of difference

For all we know, Griffin could be keeping Kahu's name in the spotlight so Strasser can prepare without the media harrassing him

That sounds like an extremely clever piece of strategy

I therefore deem it unlikely :Cry:

I don't think many people actually appreciate how crucial this was to the Broncos failing to make the 8 this year.

Ben Hunt's blinder against the Knights should have reaped about 3 or 4 more try assists but for Wallace and Maranta fucking things up.

Same goes for the game against the Warriors.

Same goes for the game against the Storm where Maranta was held up 4 times.

3 more wins puts us in 5th.

Strasser will dominate after a slow start and Hunt will continue to grow, meanwhile Macca will drift out of it leaving us in 2015 with,

1. Barba

6. Milf
7. Strass

9. Hunt

I know, i know Strass isn't a halfback... Shut up, I don't care he will be fine. *fingers crossed*

Which says to me the basic gameplan (forwards rolling it over, low percentage play Griffin ball) will continue next year, because in essence it works, but was crueled by rookie or selfish mistakes by Norman and Maranta.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • azza.79
  • bazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • The Strapper
  • Big Del
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kiwi2
  • Old Mate
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.