THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just because a new coach comes in, doesn't mean it's going to start another rebuild. The new coach wouldn't have to rebuild the side, just tweak the one we currently have.

It's what Bennett did in 2015.
very rarely does it happen like that with struggling teams , Bennett had a decent team with players he was familiar with already.
most of the time new coaches will want to remould their team and will have a different style, which takes time.
how souths have done it should be how we look to do things, less disruption and stability. most of the good coaches will rarely change teams because of the platforms and culture they've built of periods of time.
if Walters isn't the coach to get us a premiership we need to look for someone who can transition into our next coach, not just dump hi. and cherry pick someone else.

Walters reportedly been told to sack the assistant coaches and bring in new people. If he doesn't do it, the club will do it for him.
I’m cringing at the thought of him bringing in someone like Tallis. Maybe dd and ikin should do this bit.

Walters reportedly been told to sack the assistant coaches and bring in new people. If he doesn't do it, the club will do it for him.
Good lord, THANK YOU!!!
Come on Kevvie, sack’em & bring in some modern day brains for your own sake mate.

Billy Walters, Captain-Assistant Coach, has a nice ring to it.

Assistant Coach (Hookers), of course.

Hes a very smart man. He was on his own at the dogs and is essentially on his own at Manly. Both were run by incompetent front offices. Hes looking to slow down, but id say he is as smart as Bellamy and Bennett.

I know it wont happen - so it moot point anyway.
Defence was fine in general over 2\3 of the season then stupid shit like staggs shooting out of the line and cobbo following came back into their game
What games were you watching? Even when our defence was “fine” we were relying solely on scrambling line defence and opposition completion errors

I can accept Walters staying 1 more year and review how we are going after 12 rounds. But I hope we don't re-sign Billy he's overrated in my opinion and if he stays it's only because his father is the coach.

What games were you watching? Even when our defence was “fine” we were relying solely on scrambling line defence and opposition completion errors.
I think over 19 rounds last year we were conceding on average around 30 points a game this year it was around 18 some might say that was an improvement.
All moot now the club has backed him for another year.

For those that don't read the CM, this report also says that:

Cartwright will likely stay as he has the support of "many players"

Matterson is the one in the firing line

Steve Kearney has been mentioned as a possible target, but he is in his second season at the Storm under Bellamy

I would 1000% do what it takes to get Kearney. I think he is an excellent assistant

If we are getting someone from the Storm it has to be Marc Brentnall.

For those that don't read the CM, this report also says that:

Cartwright will likely stay as he has the support of "many players"

Matterson is the one in the firing line

Steve Kearney has been mentioned as a possible target, but he is in his second season at the Storm under Bellamy

I would 1000% do what it takes to get Kearney. I think he is an excellent assistant

Ironic Woolf and Kearney were assistants at the Broncos together and left.

can we get him as assistant

Would be strange to not want someone when they're up the road and at your feeder but then lure them back from SL when you've already hired a SL coach to be assistant.

Ironic Woolf and Kearney were assistants at the Broncos together and left.

didn't both leave for head coaching jobs though.

which i wouldn't think is to unexpected

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.