THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
2025 I hope we will get better 🙏🏻 2024 has been tainted from Patty and Adam's bust up to the injuries also losing key players glaring at Fleger and Herbie and Capes.
Now Cobbo is the shit. I rather be clown then gaining 3 wooden spoons in 3 years sorry mum it's true
Happy Joaquin Phoenix GIF

Sure, my point from the first post was there were circumstances around our results in 2020.
IMO the 6 again rule was a big factor in our results that year.

I'd be more interested in your take on our current situation, Kev, his coaching and where we are as a squad atm.
A factor, but not the biggest.

Kevie is very blasse and it's cost him in 2024. The damage was done last year when he lost Farnworth, Flegler, Capewell, Palasia, Oloapu and failed to find suitable replacements. The Broncos would argue Mariner, Willison, Piakura and Baker are suitable replacements, but who was meant to fill their spot?

The club still relies too heavily on their affiliates to produce depth. The Broncos have completely ignored that U/21s bracket, so when their players like Radel, Faatili, Tangimataiti come through and fail to live up to standard there's no thought of looking outside the system to replace them.

Sailor is another player that comes to mind. Sometimes players just fall into your lap and that's fine - Sailor did his part in 2023. However Sailor isn't the type of player that's worth keeping around and he made it clear he wanted to leave at the start of the year. The only reason the Broncos held onto him is because they had no other option.

Compare that to Melbourne who have been working with Fa'alogo for years and have been patiently working with him through the grades. They haven't rushed his development and he's already a better fullback than a lot of starting players and will only get better. If that doesn't work out, they have other options.

I can't say the same for the Broncos. We're alreading looking at U/17s as the long term options.

That's just the roster management and player development aspect. The football department still lacks cohesion and while they have a few pet plays that look spectacular when they come off, they lack the percentage low risk plays that helps build pressure.

The only play that fits that department is their 40m bomb kick-chase, and if the fullback is up to the task, they're all out of ideas. That's what we saw on the weekend and it was one of the few positives out of the game.

Some fans on here are concerned about what will happen if the Broncos keep losing. Right now the Broncos are a D footy team, my worry is that they're happy to be a C+/B- team when you have to be an A+ in this day and age.

Very dark days ahead for broncos fans. It should feel hopeless as it's not going to get any better anytime soon.
That's not true at all, we have @upthebroncs to lighten the mood and suggest some new signings. He always gives me hope.

Hosking was another no-nonsense worker. Played awesome first two games starting for Canberra then Ricky went off him. Injured after that.

Would have him back in a heartbeat.

We tried to get him back.

Because we continue to recruit the biggest and fastest kids at each Rep carnival, instead of digging a bit deeper and finding the genuine footy players.

Athletes galore. Not so many footballers running around in our system currently….

I always say alignment. Bunn and Jones know exactly what a Storm or Panther is wanted by Cleary or Bellamy.

Bunn tracks them for two years and if you get to an interview with Bellamy and Ponissi I think you’re 99% assured to be at the Storm. You just wouldn’t get that far without Bunn being right.

For anyone interested, and who has Foxtel, looks like an absolute belter episode of NRL 360 coming up tonight. One of the lead segments is a critique from Braith, Gordy and the journos on the "Bad Broncos", whatever that means. Also noted in the Daily Tele this morning, there was an extremely scathing article written by Paul Crawley, absolutely tearing shreds off you blokes, including Kevvie.

Must say as a Rabbits fan, it is nice flying under the radar for a change with a nice settled environment and with plenty to look forward to in 2025.

For anyone interested, and who has Foxtel, looks like an absolute belter episode of NRL 360 coming up tonight. One of the lead segments is a critique from Braith, Gordy and the journos on the "Bad Broncos", whatever that means. Also noted in the Daily Tele this morning, there was an extremely scathing article written by Paul Crawley, absolutely tearing shreds off you blokes, including Kevvie.

Must say as a Rabbits fan, it is nice flying under the radar for a change with a nice settled environment and with plenty to look forward to in 2025.
Ok mate.

I've read the article and its not anywhere near as scathing as you are making out. Probably not enough pictures in it for you to understand it properly kid.

We appreciate the heads up mate. Please keep an eye on all things involving our team and keep us posted. Thx again.

Because we continue to recruit the biggest and fastest kids at each Rep carnival, instead of digging a bit deeper and finding the genuine footy players.

Athletes galore. Not so many footballers running around in our system currently….

Feels like we've been saying that for a while (~5yrs) now re athletes and not footballers.
It doesn't seem like its working.
By now, why haven't the scouts changed tack/dug a little deeper....?
Why are they even concentrating on "athletes" only? Was Cam Smith and JT scoring all the points at JR rep footy? I think the story is they were both pretty un-inspirational athletes....
Are the scouts accountable each season....?

They should be.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Tmac
  • davidp
  • leish107
  • azza.79
  • broncsgoat
  • Rambstien
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • Allo
  • Justwin
  • Galah
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.