THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not sure what Bizarro world you're in but in the real world. the media (especially the QLD media) are all over what's happened with every man and his dog giving an opinion (and they all differ).

I'm not sure why, but none of them are that half our spine (and the most important half at that, Walsh and Reynolds) have played **** all footy this year
They played together on Saturday and we copped the biggest flogging of the season

I'm not sure how I feel about Trent Barrett. He strikes me as a bloke with a gigantic ego.

On the other hand he is probably going to be motivated to excel as an assistant. Ivan Cleary had him after manly and so did Brad Arthur so he must be somewhat of a decent assistant.

They played together on Saturday and we copped the biggest flogging of the season

true ... but when players spend that much time out injured (meaning they haven't trained nor played together most of the season) everything is just that slight bit off. timing, communications set plays etc.

that's not an issue against a team like the Knights, but Bulldogs are clearly a different proposition this year

Not sure if it’s the right place to post this but I’ve just seen this on Fox

So, is it confirmed?

I always say alignment. Bunn and Jones know exactly what a Storm or Panther is wanted by Cleary or Bellamy.

Bunn tracks them for two years and if you get to an interview with Bellamy and Ponissi I think you’re 99% assured to be at the Storm. You just wouldn’t get that far without Bunn being right.
If the age old saying that is, “money talks” is right, what would it take for us to get Bunn then? Better yet? What would it take for us to get our system right?

From memory, Guss toured our Leagues club to understand how we operate some 10 years ago and then started building(mimicked) Penrith. If we gave him the blueprint to success, what the heck happened to our system & club to terrible be clueless about most of things that has been transpiring for the last decade?

Just the thought of either Barrett or Madge anywhere near the Broncos is enough to provoke nothing but misery upon a large percentage of us.

Deadset .. how far can the Mighty Broncos fall. 😭

Trent as a head coach = shit.

Trent as an assistant coach, different story.

Ivan Henjak, good assistant coach, shit head coach. Stephen Kearney, good assistant coach, shit head coach. Kevvie Walters, good assistant coach... You know the rest.

Not my first choice but I would like to see what he could do with our attack. From all reports, he's very good at that role.

If the age old saying that is, “money talks” is right, what would it take for us to get Bunn then? Better yet? What would it take for us to get our system right?

From memory, Guss toured our Leagues club to understand how we operate some 10 years ago and then started building(mimicked) Penrith. If we gave him the blueprint to success, what the heck happened to our system & club to terrible be clueless about most of things that has been transpiring for the last decade?

Why would he? He has his own system, been at the Storm since 2012 and works with his son in the Storm chocolate factory and lives on the Sunshine Coast.

Pretty hard to beat.

The Dolphins tried to get him back there again and don't think they even got close.

Hard to know because Rothfield has no sources at the Broncs so if it is legit, it’s come from either Barrett himself or his manager.
Rothfield was the lone source for Briers going to Souths. He was right about him leaving, I suppose.

Difference being no one else wanted to touch that rumour. This one seems to have more traction.

Kemp gave the club a spray on bloke podcast.

Barrett coming to the broncos is a new low for me. Might be the final nail.
Yes, he was clearly pointing the finger at Kevvie without saying his name.

All this talk of superstars working on their solo albums and not giving their material to the band, is code for not having control of the dressing room.

Maybe this is what the Broncos needs, and has always needed: someone who can reign in the egos. We have the talent in spades. It's not that. But they're not playing as a team.

Rothfield was the lone source for Briers going to Souths. He was right about him leaving, I suppose.

Difference being no one else wanted to touch that rumour. This one seems to have more traction.

I'm quoting Rothfield himself mate, he has said repeatedly he has no contacts at the Broncs.

I'm confused by which narrative to believe, the one where Kevvie is afraid to appoint an assistant that is a threat, or the one where Barrett is a white-anter out for another head coaching gig...

I think who is appointed as Kev's assistants will need to be thoroughly made with a forward thinking view of who will be in charge after Kev has either been moved into an advisory role or moved out of the club all together.

We need to stop this - hire, fire, fail and repeat sequence.

For mine I'd be looking at getting Andrew Webster in as the next head coach. With this in mind DD needs to look at who would best suit his style, his short-comings and his strengths when recruiting now. Otherwise when we do pull the plug on Kev we need to start the whole process again. We have the cash and Webster has the ambition I'm not sure he'd take an assistant role to Kev. But I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to run this team.

It also seems our recruitment and development has fallen off a cliff, but that's a topic for another day.

Without a doubt we have the cattle to win a GF at present, we have what you might call a team of champions. They just need an extra 5% coaching to make them a champion team.

I've said it before, but again on the weekend we had players man-handled and the 'team' did nothing. Reyno - our captain was twice got at after his kicks. When Curran threw him to the ground and we got nothing half the team (if they were a real team) should have been all over Curran to ensure it never happened again and also to force the ref to take action. Instead we did nothing.

Time and time again we let other teams walk all over us. This was our home ground too FFS!

Active Now

• upthebroncs
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Mr Fourex
  • teampjta
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.